Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday 12/19/2013....Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
So I was informed yesterday that I did not get the promotion, and that my hours are changing. Sweet nothing like being kicked in the nuts by your boss twice now. I really have no reason to stay anymore, its obvious that my boss is more willing to hire his buddies that dont know anything than promote someone that works hard to learn all aspects of the job. The shitty part about the whole deal is the hour change, which means that I'm not sure my boss at the hospital will allow me to stay.
Derick Wrote:So I was informed yesterday that I did not get the promotion, and that my hours are changing. Sweet nothing like being kicked in the nuts by your boss twice now. I really have no reason to stay anymore, its obvious that my boss is more willing to hire his buddies that dont know anything than promote someone that works hard to learn all aspects of the job. The shitty part about the whole deal is the hour change, which means that I'm not sure my boss at the hospital will allow me to stay.

So what are you thinking about doing? Leaving FedEx? Will the hospital take you back full time?
Derick Wrote:So I was informed yesterday that I did not get the promotion, and that my hours are changing. Sweet nothing like being kicked in the nuts by your boss twice now. I really have no reason to stay anymore, its obvious that my boss is more willing to hire his buddies that dont know anything than promote someone that works hard to learn all aspects of the job. The shitty part about the whole deal is the hour change, which means that I'm not sure my boss at the hospital will allow me to stay.

That suck balls and so not in the good way.

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.
NussieT Wrote:

So what are you thinking about doing? Leaving FedEx? Will the hospital take you back full time?
the hospital has wanted me to be full time for years, the problem, theres no money. I kinda had my mind made up that if I didnt get promoted by the end of the summer (2014) that I was leaving chicago, but I'm not sure there is any reason to stay other than to complete the racing season.
Where would you even go?

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Where would you even go?

to a cheaper place and possible warmer
I almost had it too easy this year. My friends invited a bunch of us over for a baking party. They just sent me a text that they are cancelling it. Bummer.

Derick Wrote:

I can't picture you living down with Eddieourdj. :pokes:

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

NC, SC, GA those would probably be toward the top of the list
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

I could go hang out in the PITT with Pete
1989 suzuki intruder 800cc I think. nice bike. has alot of miles though. 26,000. I've actually ridden it, on a pretty long trip. It was 10 hours of riding or more. How much do you think its worth? My friend is selling it. he's asking 2000. I'm not paying 2000. I'd kind of like to buy it if I can get it cheap enough. I offered him 750 cash last night, and he said he'd think about it.
LeNeve Wrote:1989 suzuki intruder 800cc I think. nice bike. has alot of miles though. 26,000. I've actually ridden it, on a pretty long trip. It was 10 hours of riding or more. How much do you think its worth? My friend is selling it. he's asking 2000. I'm not paying 2000. I'd kind of like to buy it if I can get it cheap enough. I offered him 750 cash last night, and he said he'd think about it.
750 might still be high.
LeNeve Wrote:1989 suzuki intruder 800cc I think. nice bike. has alot of miles though. 26,000. I've actually ridden it, on a pretty long trip. It was 10 hours of riding or more. How much do you think its worth? My friend is selling it. he's asking 2000. I'm not paying 2000. I'd kind of like to buy it if I can get it cheap enough. I offered him 750 cash last night, and he said he'd think about it.
retail 1435, trade 920. I would be ok with it around 750
OK Derick, I'm in a mood about work too...

I didn't get a raise the year before because my old boss hated me. In fact I got pretty much written up when I got my review that year because someone heard me say the boss could "Eat a dick." He wound up getting fired for being such a dick so that problem I thought went away.

So this year's review was due back in March\April. Every once in a while I would remind everyone that I still needed it and would appreciate it if I got a raise too. As Christmas started approaching i started thinking about how much the raise and the retro pay would help out a lot with shopping. Finally I spoke up pretty loudly about getting my review before Christmas and I wound up getting it a week ago. I got like a 3.5% increase so with the retro pay I figured I should probably expect just under $1000 after taxes. When I asked my boss about the retro pay he told me he didn't know how that worked. A few days later one o the human resources guys was in our office and I asked him about it. He pretty much told me how they pay it out and I told him I wanted to make sure the money was released before Christmas.

A few hours later my boss's boss calls him and tells him that I went to HR trying to beat the system and tried to get paid for something I didn't deserve. Then my boss comes into my office and tells me that they aren't doing retro active increases anymore and that I need to let it rest before anyone else at the corporate office gets involved. So basically I'm out all of the money I would have gotten if they would have given me my review back when I was supposed to get it and I'm not allowed to talk about it.

Tonight I'm supposed to go out with one of my clients along with my boss and the sales guy for drinks. I'm so put off by the whole situation that I'm going to bail at the last minute.
Derick Wrote:
750 might still be high.

it has a new paint job, and new exhaust I think. and some other things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8