Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday 12/19/2013....Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
LeNeve Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Maybe my ring phobia has prevented me from getting married my whole life..
I have ringworms.

how many?

Damn, 2 Dumb and Dumber references in one page.

[youtube]IBrCaVySmDU[/youtube]
2 pages. Confusedad:
Fandango wants me to buy Anchorman 2 tickets already.
Chip Wrote:2 pages. Confusedad:
I'm sure you'll figure out a way to totally redeem yourself.
Brian Wrote:
I'm sure you'll figure out a way to totally redeem yourself.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
:high5:

[youtube]zo-YVqV0v4Q[/youtube]
I just realized, I think the entire Dumb and Dumber movie is on Youtube.
Broken down into 10-15 second clips
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: awesome
Chip, I love your avatar but it creeps me out on some level too.
JDubb Wrote:
Chip, I love your avatar but it creeps me out on some level too.

Perfect.
Exactly what I'm going for.
Joe Wrote:I don't think I could wear a ring clock. I have a ring phobia.

I never wear my wedding rings. It started when I worked in the shop at Maxim and now it's just habit to not wear them
Derick Wrote:So I was informed yesterday that I did not get the promotion, and that my hours are changing. Sweet nothing like being kicked in the nuts by your boss twice now. I really have no reason to stay anymore, its obvious that my boss is more willing to hire his buddies that dont know anything than promote someone that works hard to learn all aspects of the job. The shitty part about the whole deal is the hour change, which means that I'm not sure my boss at the hospital will allow me to stay.

I thought Fedex was a place that had measures to prevent nepotism like this. A huge company like that should know better. Nothing destroys an office like nepotism. Bad for morale, bad for leadership and bad for performance.
Derick Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Where would you even go?

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.
to a cheaper place and possible warmer

I can't picture you living down with Eddieourdj. :pokes:

NC, SC, GA those would probably be toward the top of the list

Are you sure you would want to live in any of those places? The only real good parts of all of them are also very expensive.
Derick Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Where would you even go?

to a cheaper place and possible warmer

I can't picture you living down with Eddieourdj. :pokes:

I could go hang out in the PITT with Pete

That would definitely match the cheaper part. And there are tons of jobs in your field here. But the warmer part would be out.
Joe Wrote:OK Derick, I'm in a mood about work too...

I didn't get a raise the year before because my old boss hated me. In fact I got pretty much written up when I got my review that year because someone heard me say the boss could "Eat a dick." He wound up getting fired for being such a dick so that problem I thought went away.

So this year's review was due back in March\April. Every once in a while I would remind everyone that I still needed it and would appreciate it if I got a raise too. As Christmas started approaching i started thinking about how much the raise and the retro pay would help out a lot with shopping. Finally I spoke up pretty loudly about getting my review before Christmas and I wound up getting it a week ago. I got like a 3.5% increase so with the retro pay I figured I should probably expect just under $1000 after taxes. When I asked my boss about the retro pay he told me he didn't know how that worked. A few days later one o the human resources guys was in our office and I asked him about it. He pretty much told me how they pay it out and I told him I wanted to make sure the money was released before Christmas.

A few hours later my boss's boss calls him and tells him that I went to HR trying to beat the system and tried to get paid for something I didn't deserve. Then my boss comes into my office and tells me that they aren't doing retro active increases anymore and that I need to let it rest before anyone else at the corporate office gets involved. So basically I'm out all of the money I would have gotten if they would have given me my review back when I was supposed to get it and I'm not allowed to talk about it.

Tonight I'm supposed to go out with one of my clients along with my boss and the sales guy for drinks. I'm so put off by the whole situation that I'm going to bail at the last minute.

This all sounds eerily familiar......
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:on a side note, the girl of my dreams is single. I'm taking a swing

Bad timing. Don't do it.
up until yesterday, shit was great. I'm not sure i can pass this up

I would like to motorboat her.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8