Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Lucky to be alive Monday - 06/18/2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hondo Wrote:Riding back to Ohio from the Shenandoah Valley yesterday a damn deer jumped off an embankment and ran into the right saddlebag of my Harley as I went by. A fraction of a second sooner and I would have hit it with the front wheel and had a major crash. Damn forest rats...

I was climbing a hill in my truck at the pit and I was almost at the peak of it when one jumped out of the bush... I missed it by inches. I probably would have cried if I had hit it though.
Ever tried to physically restrain anyone that's actively resisting you? You'll break bones, tear ligaments and tendons in an old person very easily. Tell me...what looks worse? A tased old crazy lady or a crazy old lady with a broken arm? There is no "soft" technique...the idea is to gain control as rapidly and completely as possible. You never know if someone has a weapon and you don't fuck around with it. Odds are..you lay hands on a combative elderly person they will be injured. A taser drastically reduces that issue.
Hondo Wrote:Ever tried to physically restrain anyone that's actively resisting you? You'll break bones, tear ligaments and tendons in an old person very easily. Tell me...what looks worse? A tased old crazy lady or a crazy old lady with a broken arm? There is no "soft" technique...the idea is to gain control as rapidly and completely as possible. You never know if someone has a weapon and you don't fuck around with it. Odds are..you lay hands on a combative elderly person they will be injured. A taser drastically reduces that issue.

See, I would think any method is going to result in a broken hip.
Hondo Wrote:Ever tried to physically restrain anyone that's actively resisting you? You'll break bones, tear ligaments and tendons in an old person very easily. Tell me...what looks worse? A tased old crazy lady or a crazy old lady with a broken arm? There is no "soft" technique...the idea is to gain control as rapidly and completely as possible. You never know if someone has a weapon and you don't fuck around with it. Odds are..you lay hands on a combative elderly person they will be injured. A taser drastically reduces that issue.

With that story, I said that was my first thought when I read the headline.
I'm just saying there are a lot of stupid cops who are to quick to use them.
Yo, what up DBN?
Good morning bro-mo's!
Wassup!!!
:yawn:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Yo, what up DBN?
Beckster has chocolate fever. She used to be cracka lackin
It's Monday!!!!

What did you do this weekend?

- Friday I went into the city to go to an exclusive meet & greet with a couple of country bands with my friend Kayty

-Saturday I went to a mennonite church bbq. We were invited by our business partner... that is something I will probably never do again. All the ladies make their own dresses to wear and there I am in a tshirt and pants with like 200 pairs of eyes staring at me..

- Sunday We went up to the pit to fix a rock chute that our business partner hit with the loader then over to my inlaws for dinner.

What did you buy?

Absolutely nothing... However I traded in my RBC rewards points for an 64gb Ipod Touch. It should be here sometime in the next two weeks.
NussieT Wrote:It's Monday!!!!

- Friday I went into the city to go to an exclusive meet & greet with a couple of country bands with my friend Kayty

-Saturday I went to a mennonite church bbq. We were invited by our business partner... that is something I will probably never do again. All the ladies make their own dresses to wear and there I am in a tshirt and pants with like 200 pairs of eyes staring at me..

- Sunday We went up to the pit to fix a rock chute that our business partner hit with the loader then over to my inlaws for dinner.

What did you buy?

Absolutely nothing... However I traded in my RBC rewards points for an 64gb Ipod Touch. It should be here sometime in the next two weeks.

I went to the Tiger game Friday, then helped my brother move Saturday and Sunday night.
I ordered a new radio through Sirius, it was free, and UPS said it was delivered on Saturday morning "by the USPS". It wasn't. And that made me realize I hadn't gotten any mail in a couple days. If I don't have any today, I think I may have to start making calls.
LeNeve Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Yo, what up DBN?
Beckster has chocolate fever. She used to be cracka lackin

It was only for a brief moment in time, really.
NussieT Wrote:It's Monday!!!!

What did you buy?

Friday and Saturday - ran the yard sale with my mom and did a little hunting for for the little creature.

Sunday - cleaned house and threw together a cookout for the family.

It was a busy and exhausting weekend.
Now, it's raining out. This should have been a mandatory stay in bed and sleep day.
Hahahaha
[Image: 282978_10151051270792806_420926675_n.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11