Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday July 1, 2011 NHL Free Agency Starts, Jagrwatch......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Joe Wrote:Hockey talk kills forums.

Friday before a long weekend with a POA best of's on Free Agency days kills the forums.
Upshall’s $3.5 million salary cap hit, Jose Theodore‘s $1.5 million and Jovanovski’s $4.13 million will lift the Panthers’ number to about $47.4 million, leaving them less than one million short of that $48 million floor. All it cost them was a coherent roster and long-term plan to get there.

In case you wanted some re-emphasis, Upshall’s deal is not a very good deal at all, either. Both the term and the annual salary are out of whack for what can be reasonably expected of Upshall. He’s scored 22 goals once in his career (in 2010-11); other than that he’s been a guy whose speed hasn’t really produced much as far as results. (At least for $3.5 million per year.)

nam sayin
I wish I could get a hold of some Tactical Nuclear Penguin for my party.
LeNeve Wrote:Upshall’s $3.5 million salary cap hit, Jose Theodore‘s $1.5 million and Jovanovski’s $4.13 million will lift the Panthers’ number to about $47.4 million, leaving them less than one million short of that $48 million floor. All it cost them was a coherent roster and long-term plan to get there.

In case you wanted some re-emphasis, Upshall’s deal is not a very good deal at all, either. Both the term and the annual salary are out of whack for what can be reasonably expected of Upshall. He’s scored 22 goals once in his career (in 2010-11); other than that he’s been a guy whose speed hasn’t really produced much as far as results. (At least for $3.5 million per year.)

nam sayin

:roflmao:

Use the force Butthead.
Use the force.

[youtube]s4FqFrcFG60[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't understand Philly management, which is why I think they are fucking morons after the last two weeks of shit.

They traded Richards and Carter b/c they partied too much and were cancers in the locker room right? Well they just signed the poster child for that exact behavior. Makes no fucking sense.

They're confusing the hell out of me.
And they let O'D go, he was one of the best guys in the locker room.
That 3.3 million could have been spent so much better.
Gagne, Leino, anyone.

I'm not going ot call them morons, but this stuff better pan out.

You know if it does not pan out immediately, I will make sure you are aware of it.

I still say that in the Carter and Richards trades, if you include the fact that they got the cap space the needed to sign Bryzgalov along with the players and picks they got back, I say the Flyers got better in those trades.

I will agree if they only had traded Carter, not Richards.
Jagr won’t be the dynamic superstar that he was while he played with the Penguins in the 1990s but with the depth the Flyers have, he’ll be able to make his place on the power play and be able to pick his moments playing with the likes of Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere. Jagr at this point in his career is a purely offensive player and playing under coach Peter Laviolette he’ll get the freedom to do what he has to do to score.

Seeing Jagr in Flyers orange and black will be a stunning sight and given how things went in negotiations with the Penguins, all Flyers-Pens games are going to be must-see games. Making things all the more interesting is that the Flyers will be taking part in the Winter Classic and that means being on HBO’s 24/7. You’ll probably want to be dialed in for when the Flyers make their first appearance in Pittsburgh on December 29. We’ll just set the DVR right now for that one.
Chip Wrote:Flyers signed Talbot too...
:zipit:

I like him, and I don't hate him for it. He is one of those guys that is looking for that cash in contract right now. Pens couldn't afford him.

Sounds like the Flyers are pulling a Baltimore Ravens, signing all the Penguins (Steelers) they can to try and figure out the Pens (Steelers). We have seen how that has worked out for the Ravens....
cool. Talking hockey makes you feel like more of a man. Try it JDubb.
Why is TSN.ca so slow on the FA updates, EPSN is even breaking before them.
Pete Nice Wrote:

I like him, and I don't hate him for it. He is one of those guys that is looking for that cash in contract right now. Pens couldn't afford him.

Sounds like the Flyers are pulling a Baltimore Ravens, signing all the Penguins (Steelers) they can to try and figure out the Pens (Steelers). We have seen how that has worked out for the Ravens....

Signing all The Penguins?
Talbot and... Jagr?
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Talbot and... Jagr?

Yup
Pete Nice Wrote:Why is TSN.ca so slow on the FA updates, EPSN is even breaking before them.

The TSN guys are probably posting their stuff on Twitter first.
They've been the first putting up most of the stuff there.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Talbot and... Jagr?

Yup

Huh.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Why is TSN.ca so slow on the FA updates, EPSN is even breaking before them.

The TSN guys are probably posting their stuff on Twitter first.
They've been the first putting up most of the stuff there.

The twitter feed on their webpage sucks, too slow.

Mike Rupp to Rangers, 3 yrs, 1.5 mill a year. :killme:

Probably $600k more than he should realistically get though, typical Rangers.
Colorado trades a 1st and a 2nd for Varlamov, then sign him to a deal.
If they had just signed him to an offer sheet, same deal, they would have had to only give up a 2nd.
Oops.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11