Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 03/21 - Warm weekend, snow in the forecast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Chip Wrote:Really?
It's finally getting warm enough out that I'll be able to run outside and not have to worry about ice.
And I'm thinking of buying shoes just for running.
Those would be the best for building muscle in my ankles?
I have bad ankles, and play soccer, I'm always looking to strengthen them.

I would suggest you do your own research on the topic. But yes.

Also, lets put it this way. In non-developed countries, the number of people that pronate (ankles flex in as they run) is less than 5%. In the USA, the number of runners that pronate is over 60%. The reason is that we have these shoes that are high support that the foot itself doesn't have to do anything. The minimalist shoes are the closest thing to going barefoot. So you strengthen the atrophied muscles.

But here is one article about it. There are similar articles on every running site and forum in the world.

Also, if you want a pair, you need to buy them at a store. If you find a pair online, it is 99% likely they are counterfeit. The pair I have coming are counterfeit Vibram Tech Sports. Hopefully they will still be good quality. If not, I'll go buy the real ones.
Woops, forgot the article.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.walkingshoereviews.com/are-vibram-five-fingers-right-you">http://www.walkingshoereviews.com/are-v ... -right-you</a><!-- m -->
I am ready to go to Italy, but the vacation that I dream of going on will either be in 2014 or 2016. That is when we do a beer tour of Belgium. We are going to plan the whole trip around hitting the most amazing breweries in the best beer country in the world.
Pokes28 Wrote:I am ready to go to Italy, but the vacation that I dream of going on will either be in 2014 or 2016. That is when we do a beer tour of Belgium. We are going to plan the whole trip around hitting the most amazing breweries in the best beer country in the world.
Have room for another, that sounds like a great trip.
Pokes28 Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Really?
It's finally getting warm enough out that I'll be able to run outside and not have to worry about ice.
And I'm thinking of buying shoes just for running.
Those would be the best for building muscle in my ankles?
I have bad ankles, and play soccer, I'm always looking to strengthen them.

I would suggest you do your own research on the topic. But yes.

Also, lets put it this way. In non-developed countries, the number of people that pronate (ankles flex in as they run) is less than 5%. In the USA, the number of runners that pronate is over 60%. The reason is that we have these shoes that are high support that the foot itself doesn't have to do anything. The minimalist shoes are the closest thing to going barefoot. So you strengthen the atrophied muscles.

But here is one article about it. There are similar articles on every running site and forum in the world.

Also, if you want a pair, you need to buy them at a store. If you find a pair online, it is 99% likely they are counterfeit. The pair I have coming are counterfeit Vibram Tech Sports. Hopefully they will still be good quality. If not, I'll go buy the real ones.

I'll have to look into them.
I want something that I only use for running, so if those work out best, I wouldn't mind wearing them.
I think I finally convinced my sister that this trip is a dumb idea.... thank freaking god.
I'm sick of "put your balls on it" I liked it for the one time I heard it. Now I've heard it to many times already.
LeNeve Wrote:I'm sick of "put your balls on it" I liked it for the one time I heard it. Now I've heard it to many times already.

I've never heard that comment before...
Nussie_T Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I'm sick of "put your balls on it" I liked it for the one time I heard it. Now I've heard it to many times already.

It's actually a song.
From a "band" that Jason Ellis started.
Chip Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

It's actually a song.

Welll... that would be why... I don't listen to Ellis or Faction for that matter either.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

It's actually a song.

Welll... that would be why... I don't listen to Ellis or Faction for that matter either.

They are actually playing the shit out of it on Octane. I imagine faction probaly plays it every 15 minutes though.
today is a master of puppets kind of day. I'm going to listen to the whole album.
LeNeve Wrote:They are actually playing the shit out of it on Octane. I imagine faction probaly plays it every 15 minutes though.

I haven't been listening to the music stations the last little while.
my memory card with all my music on it is missing. :flame:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27