Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wed-nuss-day ~ Jan 26, 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Iva13 Wrote:Hey you guys...Boe's Mom had a massive heart attack yesterday afternoon...she is in critical condition and in a medical coma...please pray that when they take her out of the coma there is brain activity...b/c if not......... I am totaly SAD Sad Confusedwoot: Wtf Confusedad:
Also, to make it worse when she fell from the heart attack she broke her neck..however, it does not appear to be impinging on the spine or any nerves so that's good...
love and prayers for you and your family Iva. I hope everything turns out ok.
Chip Wrote:Maybe FaceBook is kinda fun.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/van_s...5qGNzPycJP

I can't figure out why people even fight on Facebook. If Jimbo and I have a fight, we don't post about it. I will post if we have an argument about silly stuff, but that's normal for us.
OK, same company new problem....

User is complaining that the new server tells him he can't email a 15MB document to his secretary because it has a 10MB sending limit. When asked why he needs to email his secretary this document when they share the same network drives he tells me he needs the document printed.

I let him know that he has the same network printers that she has. He doesn't want to have to walk to the printer. (printer is 30 feet away from him)

I told him to print the document and email the secretary letting her know she needs to go to the printer. Later I may email the secretary as well and let her know about Monster.com
It freaks me out for about 10 seconds when my home page gets changed. I just change it back how I had it though, and I'm good.
Joe Wrote:I spent weeks building a new network for a new client. So much planning went into this so that we were able to make the change without many issues. Then I spent 18 hours in one day migrating their computers to the new network and testing to make sure they would be as close to 100% as possible when Monday came. I even wrote up a paper for each user and left it on their desk telling them about all of the changes and what to expect.

Monday comes and I get flooded with support requests saying that their internet doesn't work. The problem was that their home page changed and they didn't know how to get to the "Internet" if the home page wasn't Yahoo. I realize I have endless amounts of training when it comes to computers, but for fuck sake this is something that poeple should have learned 10 years ago. The client is a very big law firm.

People are so stupid. No one here, but me does any form of maintenance on any of the computers or the server. I am waiting for shit to go down. Bad enough the cunt infected the server with a virus last year.
Iva13 Wrote:Hey you guys...Boe's Mom had a massive heart attack yesterday afternoon...she is in critical condition and in a medical coma...please pray that when they take her out of the coma there is brain activity...b/c if not......... I am totaly SAD Sad Confusedwoot: Wtf Confusedad:
Also, to make it worse when she fell from the heart attack she broke her neck..however, it does not appear to be impinging on the spine or any nerves so that's good...

That is horrible Iva. I'm so sorry to hear that.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I spent weeks building a new network for a new client. So much planning went into this so that we were able to make the change without many issues. Then I spent 18 hours in one day migrating their computers to the new network and testing to make sure they would be as close to 100% as possible when Monday came. I even wrote up a paper for each user and left it on their desk telling them about all of the changes and what to expect.

Monday comes and I get flooded with support requests saying that their internet doesn't work. The problem was that their home page changed and they didn't know how to get to the "Internet" if the home page wasn't Yahoo. I realize I have endless amounts of training when it comes to computers, but for fuck sake this is something that poeple should have learned 10 years ago. The client is a very big law firm.

People are so stupid. No one here, but me does any form of maintenance on any of the computers or the server. I am waiting for shit to go down. Bad enough the cunt infected the server with a virus last year.

No IT support there?

Super Swoot. You guys are having some shitty luck lately. I'll say a prayer for you guys and her.
Thanks you guys....we need all the prayers and luck we can get....we need a miracle...

That's awful Iva. Praying that everything will be ok.
Joe Wrote:OK, same company new problem....

User is complaining that the new server tells him he can't email a 15MB document to his secretary because it has a 10MB sending limit. When asked why he needs to email his secretary this document when they share the same network drives he tells me he needs the document printed.

I let him know that he has the same network printers that she has. He doesn't want to have to walk to the printer. (printer is 30 feet away from him)

I told him to print the document and email the secretary letting her know she needs to go to the printer. Later I may email the secretary as well and let her know about Monster.com
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I don't understand how so many people can be so stupid. The only time I ever called IT was when I locked myself out of a work order and they needed to release it, I only did that maybe 2 times every 3-4 months.
I'm fascinated by the drug wars going on in mexico.
I made 3 1/2 dozen sugar cookies last night and 3 dozen peanut butter cookies before that...
I'm disliking Jay Cutler more everyday.

"Jay Cutler and girlfriend Kristin Cavallari dined at Mastro's Steakhouse on Sunday after the Bears' 21-14 loss to the Packers in the NFC championship game.

Cutler, who left the game in the third quarter with a knee injury, was not on crutches but "he limped a tiny bit," according to a source. The couple was joined by 11 other people in Mastro's private upstairs dining room, and our spies tell us that he took the stairs rather than the elevator."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21