Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wed-nuss-day ~ Jan 26, 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
My primary DJ laptop crashed last night. It's a Dell XPS! The power & keyboard lights come on, but nothing on screen. I'm glad I was at home & not at a gig. I've never had one crash before...ugh! DJ rule #1, always have backup equipment!!!
Chip Wrote:Maybe FaceBook is kinda fun.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/van_s...5qGNzPycJP

big fat greek mini van torture.
I spent weeks building a new network for a new client. So much planning went into this so that we were able to make the change without many issues. Then I spent 18 hours in one day migrating their computers to the new network and testing to make sure they would be as close to 100% as possible when Monday came. I even wrote up a paper for each user and left it on their desk telling them about all of the changes and what to expect.

Monday comes and I get flooded with support requests saying that their internet doesn't work. The problem was that their home page changed and they didn't know how to get to the "Internet" if the home page wasn't Yahoo. I realize I have endless amounts of training when it comes to computers, but for fuck sake this is something that poeple should have learned 10 years ago. The client is a very big law firm.
Hey you guys...Boe's Mom had a massive heart attack yesterday afternoon...she is in critical condition and in a medical coma...please pray that when they take her out of the coma there is brain activity...b/c if not......... I am totaly SAD Sad Confusedwoot: Wtf Confusedad:
Also, to make it worse when she fell from the heart attack she broke her neck..however, it does not appear to be impinging on the spine or any nerves so that's good...
Joe Wrote:I spent weeks building a new network for a new client. So much planning went into this so that we were able to make the change without many issues. Then I spent 18 hours in one day migrating their computers to the new network and testing to make sure they would be as close to 100% as possible when Monday came. I even wrote up a paper for each user and left it on their desk telling them about all of the changes and what to expect.

Monday comes and I get flooded with support requests saying that their internet doesn't work. The problem was that their home page changed and they didn't know how to get to the "Internet" if the home page wasn't Yahoo. I realize I have endless amounts of training when it comes to computers, but for fuck sake this is something that poeple should have learned 10 years ago. The client is a very big law firm.

wow, really, wow.
Joe Wrote:I spent weeks building a new network for a new client. So much planning went into this so that we were able to make the change without many issues. Then I spent 18 hours in one day migrating their computers to the new network and testing to make sure they would be as close to 100% as possible when Monday came. I even wrote up a paper for each user and left it on their desk telling them about all of the changes and what to expect.

Haha, that reminds me of a old co-worker of mine that would search for google using her Yahoo home page. She would search for google in yahoo so she could search on google (get your head around that one).
Iva13 Wrote:Hey you guys...Boe's Mom had a massive heart attack yesterday afternoon...she is in critical condition and in a medical coma...please pray that when they take her out of the coma there is brain activity...b/c if not......... I am totaly SAD Sad Confusedwoot: Wtf Confusedad:
Also, to make it worse when she fell from the heart attack she broke her neck..however, it does not appear to be impinging on the spine or any nerves so that's good...

heart attacks, comas and broken necks. super bad.

Sorry, but that's hilarious.
Iva13 Wrote:Hey you guys...Boe's Mom had a massive heart attack yesterday afternoon...she is in critical condition and in a medical coma...please pray that when they take her out of the coma there is brain activity...b/c if not......... I am totaly SAD Sad Confusedwoot: Wtf Confusedad:
Sorry to hear Iva, my prayers are with you and Boe.

Confusedad:
That sucks.
Sorry to hear that.

[smiley]dumbasses[/smiley]

my sister asked me around 12 years ago why I was interested in computers so much, not that i'm an expert on anything but i definitely don't need to call someone to help me when I have a simple computer problem
JDubb Wrote:

Haha, that reminds me of a old co-worker of mine that would search for google using her Yahoo home page. She would search for google in yahoo so she could search on google (get your head around that one).

That is apparently what they do. The default home page after the migration was an internal website. That totally fucked people up because it had no search in it. I saw what was happening and pushed a policy out to change all of their home pages to MSN. I closed all the support tickets and went about my day. Today I get more tickets sayting the internet is broken. Apparently if it's not the home page they have been looking at for the last 10 years it makes them think the world is ending.

The best part about it is that my boss sees all of these tickets coming in and thinks we fucked up the migration.
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

That is apparently what they do. The default home page after the migration was an internal website. That totally fucked people up because it had no search in it. I saw what was happening and pushed a policy out to change all of their home pages to MSN. I closed all the support tickets and went about my day. Today I get more tickets sayting the internet is broken. Apparently if it's not the home page they have been looking at for the last 10 years it makes them think the world is ending.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I have 5 dollars in my "I'm a truck driver" jar already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21