Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Things You Didn't Know About Me!!!!!
Chip Wrote:Just thinking, 1 stupid talent I have is PhotoHunt. The game on those little touch screens at bars. I can get 500,000 no problem, I don't think I've seen another high score much over 300,000.
It's my luck I get a skill like that, that can't make me any money.

There might be a spot for you in leneve's church. Get in on the ground floor and you guys could make some serious loot. ;-)
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
beckster Wrote:There is so much truth in that. It seems like the people who preach the loudest are the biggest hyocrites (in my experience). A woman from my church got the ultimate blessing. She couldn't conceive, so she and he husband adopted. The girl looked so much like them, that you wouldn't know she wasn't theirs. That followed by some miracle and they wound up having 4 more, naturally conceived children. Year down the road, that adopted girl got pregnant in her Junior year of high school.... Her mom completely flipped out and disowned her. Lil Miss Preaches-a-lot threw her daughter out of house and forbid any of her siblings from contacting her. To this day, she has not met her grandchild. She should be proud, that girl was taken in by the father-to-be's family and finished school, married him and is living a good life (outside of that fact that her family disowned her). People like that who are so religious and so blessed for it are soooo damn ignorant.
Sorry, but that has nothing to do with someones faith or religion. That just makes them a dick. I know plenty of people over the years who that has happened to, and whether I knew them from church or not, people tend to react the same way, no matter where they come from. The Christian way to go about that would have been acknowledging the mistake they made, trying to rectify the situation with their child, and attempting to get forgiveness from their child for their actions.

She's an extreme one, but if you met this woman, she would go on and on about church and religion and how devoted she is and so on... Thus, making her a hypocrite. Yes, she should forgive the her daughter, but she didn't there is a 12 lil boy whom she has never met as a result.
I never said she should forgive the daughter, the mother should ask for the daughters forgiveness
negadave Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:Thanks for the response Dave! It is really sad that alot people look at "religion" in such a negative way. All I can do is give my opinion on church, religion, & my faith so here goes:
1) Church to me has nothing at all to do with a structural building. When I have church, I meet with other christians that share a belief in God through worship. We can experience "church" in a church building, in a home, in a car, at dinner, etc.. I believe that where there are like-minded christians who are in the attitude of worship, you have church.
I hope that I didn't go too deep or bore you with my lengthy response, but that was the brief, cliffnote version!!!

Nah, you didn't bore me.
I agree with you 100% on that first point Eddie. I hope you didn't take my coment as an insult to you, it wasn't meant that way. I just wanted to hear your take on it.

I agree too. I don't want to insult the religious dudebros. I'm fairly religious also. It is cool to see someone that is strong in their faith such as Eddie. It's actually people like him that keep me hanging in there, and believing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things you liked as a kid, but hate now. the keifer 4 1,669 01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  40 things every drunkard should do before they die Jersey_Mike 10 4,476 08-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Stupid movies you saw as a kid but didn't realize it. cody 31 10,232 04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Last Post: negadave
  Things people say that piss me off. LeNeve 46 14,744 03-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Brian