Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40 things every drunkard should do before they die
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://drunkard.com/issues/01-04/01-04-40-things.htm">http://drunkard.com/issues/01-04/01-04-40-things.htm</a><!-- m -->

I came across this list today, and can only find about 7 things I haven't done. Now this may be a clear sign of alcoholism, but I look at it with a sense of accomplishment, and a good life.

Where is everyone else on there?
i've done very few of these
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
There is about 6 that I have not done. Getting drunk on a grave, traveleing to my homeland, and a few other weird ones. Never had absiyth, never worked as a bar tender. Never ate the worm. I've never given a hobo money.

34 out of 40 things.

Sweet! It's almost 5 pm time to go home. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Don't ever plan to do 5.
16 and 18 I highly recommend doin.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I have done 30. I have not done 10.

I have not done:

6) Get drunk on he grave of your hero. - my hero is not dead and will not be any time soon.
7) Buy a crowded bar a round - I may do this some day at the right bar in the right situation.
18) Visit the source of your favorite beer, wine or liquor - it will happen some day, probably within the next 5 years.
20) Sit in on an AA meeting - Maybe
23) Get loaded in the land of your forefathers - oh this will happen, soon.
26) Give a hobo $20 - I will do this in NYC, but he better be playing a mean sax or something
27) Get loaded and tell your boss exactly how you feel - Never really had the opportunity, I have worked for friends and done this to them though. I guess I have done this.
35) Start your long awaited and very personal autobiography: Me and the booze: a love story - Why is this on the list? This is fucking stupid.
37) Watch the movie Barfly with five of your closest friends - never heard of it, will have to give it a try
40) Go to your place of worship loaded - I don't worship, so this most likely will never happen unless I get drunk and just wander into a church for a minute, I could do that in NYC, that place on 5th stays open late.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Apparently, I have some work to do.....
As much as I've drunk in my life and as much as I love beer, I've only done a very few of these things.

8.) Embark on an impromptu road trip.
16.) Get drunk with your father.
18.) Visit the source of your favorite beer, wine or liquor.
22.) Try at least one hundred different drinks.
23.) Get loaded in the land of your forefathers. - kind of cheap since I'm 1/4 Cherokee and I grew up in Oklahoma.
28.) Send a friend a bottle of good liquor.
36.) Experience absinthe.
39.) Make your own beer, wine or moonshine.

None of these are particularly hard or fantastic.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I've done:
3.) Drink a fifth of hard liquor, by yourself, in one day.
4.) Dance like a fool in front of a large hooting crowd.
9.) Get 86’d from a bar.
10.) Extravagantly overtip a bartender.
11.) Walk up to an attractive stranger way out of your league and buy him or her a drink.
14.) Buy, build or steal a home bar.
15.) Get carried home by your drinking buddies
16.) Get drunk with your father.
22.) Try at least one hundred different drinks.
24.) Juice on the job.
30.) Go on a fishing trip with your pals.
32.) Learn at least one traditional drinking song.
33.) Steal some booze.

Future Plans:
18.) Visit the source of your favorite beer, wine or liquor.
That's a great article. There is 5 of them that I haven't done, but still uncredibly proud of the rest.
The worst part is not that you've been thrown in a drunk tank but rather you know which towns have good drunk tanks or super shitty ones. That my friends is livin!
I have been 86'd from a bar but a week later they new management so I was allowed back in, you fill ONE empty pitcher on beer full of piss one time and they totally loose their shit....

That and I'm pretty sure I'm not ever welcome back to the Hauf Brau Haus in Munich ever again. For being the largest beer hall on the planet they were a bunch of pussies.
My name is Taco. Don Taco.
[Image: Oilergirl2.jpg][Image: OilersCheerleaders2.jpg]
Joe In PA Wrote:Future Plans:
It actually pretty much sucks. It will fuck you up just because its like 140 proof, but tastes like complete shit.
I appear to be safe from alcoholism... Whew!

Now I've hung out with many people who could put that list to complete shame. That is fo sho!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things you liked as a kid, but hate now. the keifer 4 1,669 01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  5 Things You Didn't Know About Me!!!!! Iva13 77 22,411 05-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Things people say that piss me off. LeNeve 46 14,744 03-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Brian