Poll: Pop vs Soda
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pop
57.14%
16 57.14%
Soda
42.86%
12 42.86%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pop vs Soda
JDubb Wrote:Since when did this become an annual topic?

It is quite a controversial issue.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Has to be a regional thing. Everyone from here calls it soda.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
beckster Wrote:

Look at the map, there is a clear winner... pop! It's only soda on the coasts but the rest of "fly over" is pop.
[Image: total-county.gif]
JDubb, your theory is flawed b/c most of the blue states, the flyovers, are sparsly populated in comparison to the east and west coast, where soda rules.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
i cant believe there is actually a map
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
JDubb Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Look at the map, there is a clear winner... pop! It's only soda on the coasts but the rest of "fly over" is pop.
[Image: total-county.gif]

lol Yeah only on the coast....in the most populous areas of the country. The Northeast Corridor (from Boston to Philly) has 50 million people. That's 1/6th the country's population. It's a statistical fact that over half the population lives within 100 miles of the coast. It's "fly over" because no one really lives there so why land there?

The only reason people in the southeast call it Coke, is because for the first 50 years of existence of soda, the only flavor was Coke. It just stuck.

I think there are maps and arguments because people just can't accept the fact that they didn't learn the correct way to describe it. They try to justify it. It's soda
This guy prefers both Soda and Pop

[Image: 72dpi-Mitchell_Mike-1987WasaGREATYe.jpg]
ap bikini team Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:When the government looks into taxing other shit, they call it a Soda Tax. Therefore, if the government thinks calling it Pop is dumb, I do too. Grab a dictionary and get a clue. This isn't isn't the 50's anymore, backwoods people

The government calling it "soda" is more then enough reason for me to call it pop.
You go ahead and agree with those ass holes.

The government thing was just making a funny point. But I tend to stand by the backwater comment. The main ingredient in all SODA is soda water (or carbonated water), not pop water, not pop, not fizzy stuff, or that there dern magic stuff that tingles and I caan't understand so I make up a stupid werd like pop to tell what it is.

SODA

I'm annoyed with this already. It's called a few things, cola, soft drinks, soda pop, what ever. Some regions shortened it to soda, some to pop (so the real backasswards people are the ones who call everything "Coke").
To think it matters so much that there even is a "right" way, and that your way is the the right way is kinda arrogant.

But yeah, it's pop.
Almost the same argument as riding mower vs tractor. Some people say I have a riding mower.. I say "Fuck you, It's a tractor"
Even though it's only 8hp and could fit in the back of my car, it's still a fucking tractor to me.
DaveP Wrote:Almost the same argument as riding mower vs tractor. Some people say I have a riding mower.. I say "Fuck you, It's a tractor"
Even though it's only 8hp and could fit in the back of my car, it's still a fucking tractor to me.
It's a tractor because John Deere told me so. We're farmers five :high5:
Chip Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:When the government looks into taxing other shit, they call it a Soda Tax. Therefore, if the government thinks calling it Pop is dumb, I do too. Grab a dictionary and get a clue. This isn't isn't the 50's anymore, backwoods people

The government calling it "soda" is more then enough reason for me to call it pop.
You go ahead and agree with those ass holes.

The government thing was just making a funny point. But I tend to stand by the backwater comment. The main ingredient in all SODA is soda water (or carbonated water), not pop water, not pop, not fizzy stuff, or that there dern magic stuff that tingles and I caan't understand so I make up a stupid werd like pop to tell what it is.

SODA

I'm annoyed with this already. It's called a few things, cola, soft drinks, soda pop, what ever. Some regions shortened it to soda, some to pop (so the real backasswards people are the ones who call everything "Coke").
To think it matters so much that there even is a "right" way, and that your way is the the right way is kinda arrogant.

But yeah, it's pop.
Is this the start of a twitter war?
Brian in NY Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:Almost the same argument as riding mower vs tractor. Some people say I have a riding mower.. I say "Fuck you, It's a tractor"

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Brian in NY Wrote:

That's really an argument?
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

This is the internet. Everything's an argument.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

This is the internet. Everything's an argument.

With that, don't you really just add the "mower" part to a trackor?