Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOMB
BDH Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
BDH Wrote:
negadave Wrote:The new format they started using over there has got me fed up enough to stop going on . Glad this site is still getting run well. TOMB is starting to look a little un-professional. Maybe you guys could work out some kind of deal.
What format is that???

The new format that involves tomb being a pain in the ass to navigate. Plus, what is up with the malware? I'm not going to risk infecting my pc!
I dont know what you mean by hard to navigate... the easiest way to do things is to just hit the "view new posts" button... you dont have to navigate at all and you dont miss anything...

As far as the malware goes, Spot said he was looking into it... sites get hacked and messed with all the time... I will be sure to stop by and let you guys know once the issue is resolved... dont want anyone having virus issues because of C&R...

Thanks BDH, I do not go to TOMB, but I know a lot of our members do on a daily basis and it would be great if they could come here for up to the minute updates on when things will be safe again.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I would like to know why, when I spend a little bit of time to post something on TOMB that has a point, I get an SQL error. Wtf I always give up and close the window when that happens.

There are a few good discussions going on at TOMB, but once my thoughts are submitted that's it, I can't remember what the hell I just put. It's always well thought out, and never really bashes anyone.

I like to participate on both forums, because The Show is great, and I always have an opinion. I just don't have the time to express this.
I don't make a point of not going to TOMB,but I don't make it over there a whole lot.Anytime I try it's always down.It's basically out of sight out of mind for me.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
I hadnt had any spyware issues with the site until today... AVG keeps red flagging it, so I know I wont be back there until things get fixed... before this occurred, I saw that Kory posted saying he is working on it...
BDH Wrote:I hadnt had any spyware issues with the site until today... AVG keeps red flagging it, so I know I wont be back there until things get fixed... before this occurred, I saw that Kory posted saying he is working on it...
Hopefully it's fixed soon.I prefer the ISTs on DBN,but the non-IST threads on TOMB always have great stuff.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
BDH Wrote:I hadnt had any spyware issues with the site until today... AVG keeps red flagging it, so I know I wont be back there until things get fixed... before this occurred, I saw that Kory posted saying he is working on it...

i logged on tonight, and nothing popped up. Hopefully it is fixed.
LeNeve Wrote:

i logged on tonight, and nothing popped up. Hopefully it is fixed.
The first little while everyone else was complaining about it, I got no warnings... just started today... strange... never seen a board with so many issues, though...
I would say for me right now DBN comes second right after facebook as far as checking stuff when I go online,whereas TOMB :because of the issues it has: I think of checking only every 4 or 5 days.That really sucks,because there is so much good stuff on there that I am missing.

To digress a little bitBig GrinBN is run by Joe,with the server and everything right out of his house.We all know that.So my question is this:
1.Whos does at TOMB, what Joe does here at DBN?
2.What kind of hardware is required for the server?
3.How difficult would it be to switch servers if the one you were on was no good?
4.What percentage of the server is software and how much is hardware?
5.Are the problems that TOMB always has with the forum crashing,Hardware issues or Software issues?
6.Where is the hardware part of the forum located?
7.Is that something that someone else runs and you more or less "rent" or buy server space or bandwith from?
8.Who is Kory and how did he get to be Administrator right off the bat?Is he a listener or is he only part of the forum because he was hired to build or service and keep the forum running smoothly as far glitches and stuff are concerned?Or maybe because of experience at another forum?

That was a lot of questions,so hopefully some will be answered.
Other Boards that I have seen the malware problem with, its usually from a picture or link someone posted or its from the ads

I personally hate the ads on TOMB, they play very loud music out of no where

remove these Ads, or delete threads, its the only way to fix it.

I just tried to logon on right now and AVG caught the virus/Malware again.
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:Other Boards that I have seen the malware problem with, its usually from a picture or link someone posted or its from the ads

I have never once heard music played from any of the ads there.... strange..
i bleed green Wrote:I would say for me right now DBN comes second right after facebook as far as checking stuff when I go online,whereas TOMB :because of the issues it has: I think of checking only every 4 or 5 days.That really sucks,because there is so much good stuff on there that I am missing.

To digress a little bitBig GrinBN is run by Joe,with the server and everything right out of his house.We all know that.So my question is this:
3.How difficult would it be to switch servers if the one you were on was no good?
5.Are the problems that TOMB always has with the forum crashing,Hardware issues or Software issues?
7.Is that something that someone else runs and you more or less "rent" or buy server space or bandwith from?
8.Who is Kory and how did he get to be Administrator right off the bat?Is he a listener or is he only part of the forum because he was hired to build or service and keep the forum running smoothly as far glitches and stuff are concerned?Or maybe because of experience at another forum?

1. Kory
2. Need a server, its basically a computer with massive amounts of ram and storage
3. its not hard, just takes time
4. server is 95% hardware
5. a little of both probably
6. huh???
7. dunno where they house there server. Ours is in joes basement
8. To my knowledge he is a freind of spots, that put togther the forum, runs and maintains it, poorly I may add
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:I would say for me right now DBN comes second right after facebook as far as checking stuff when I go online,whereas TOMB :because of the issues it has: I think of checking only every 4 or 5 days.That really sucks,because there is so much good stuff on there that I am missing.

1. Kory
2. Need a server, its basically a computer with massive amounts of ram and storage
3. its not hard, just takes time
4. server is 95% hardware
5. a little of both probably
6. huh???
7. dunno where they house there server. Ours is in joes basement
8. To my knowledge he is a freind of spots, that put togther the forum, runs and maintains it, poorly I may add

I thought it was mentioned before it is hosted in Canada. I think that is the problem :poke:
BDH Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:Other Boards that I have seen the malware problem with, its usually from a picture or link someone posted or its from the ads

I have never once heard music played from any of the ads there.... strange..
what browser do you use? do you have adware blocker?
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
woo hoo dudebro #160
Covino: "I am awesome because, I have a hate site and a fan site!"
Covino: "IF THIS IS CLOUT, RICH IS PINK ..KID KELLY IS BLUE :doggystyle"
Derick Wrote:6.Huh?
I was basically wondering where they house their server like Joe does in his house.Thanks for all the answers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some really funny/good photo shops from TOMB LeNeve 2 1,265 08-24-2020, 06:43 AM
Last Post: monika
  TOMB Raiding... Wish Upon A Star SiriusXM Contest JDubb 6 2,834 12-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Last Post: i bleed green
  Doing some TOMB raiding; The "Would You Do Her" Game - NSFW JDubb 28 9,038 06-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Last Post: AirHej
  TOMB Raiding: Offish Explanation for MoLLY's answer Brian 1 1,378 05-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  TOMB Rooski 3 2,072 04-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Joe