Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius to Blackberry
Orbitcast has learned that Sirius XM Radio Inc. will be releasing a App for the BlackBerry mobile smartphone within the coming weeks. The tip explains in detail the availability of the Sirius XM BlackBerry App, including handsets that the app will be available in, and the release date.

Orbitcast has also confirmed much of this information with several other people familiar with the release.

According to the tipster - who only identifies themselves as a "Sirius Tech" - Sirius XM will begin offering its online listening service as an application on the BlackBerry during the month of January. This application is reportedly very similar to the application launched for the iPhone.

For the initial launch, the Sirius XM BlackBerry application will be available on the following handsets:

•BlackBerry Storm 1 (Series 9530)

•BlackBerry Storm 2 (Series 9550)

•BlackBerry Bold (Series 9000, 9700)

•BlackBerry Tour (Series 9630)

•BlackBerry Curve (Series 8900, 8520, 8530)

Sirius XM on BlackBerry will be a "mobile extension of the Subscriber's paid Premium Online Service" according to the tip.

Additionally, 120 channels will reportedly be available through the app - this is the same number of channels currently available on the Sirius XM iPhone App. So, at this point, it's safe to assume that Howard Stern will not be available on the BlackBerry app.
Not putting Howard on the Apps is their way of forcing you into buying a Sirius or Xm tuner. I'm surprised they let you stream the Howard channels on the online player with a PC.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
So, does that mean it's out?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:So, does that mean it's out?
Not out yet.
And here it is!

http://www.siriusxm.com/blackberry/index...dium=EMAIL
Awesome... I installed it and now my Blackberry is dead.
I installed it, but haven't run it yet... I want to time my free trial at maximum usability. This is how they are gonna get me. Who? You ask... Well, Blackberry, because I am going to need to invest in a backup battery and charger. And Sirius, because I am going to have to cave in and start paying for the web radio that USED to be included in the subscription price which we SHOULDN'T have to pay extra for to begin with.... :Flaming: ... Sorry, still bitter about that. :-)
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:I installed it, but haven't run it yet... I want to time my free trial at maximum usability. This is how they are gonna get me. Who? You ask... Well, Blackberry, because I am going to need to invest in a backup battery and charger. And Sirius, because I am going to have to cave in and start paying for the web radio that USED to be included in the subscription price which we SHOULDN'T have to pay extra for to begin with.... :Flaming: ... Sorry, still bitter about that. :-)
I'm still very bitter about charging extra for the web.
Joe In PA Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I installed it, but haven't run it yet... I want to time my free trial at maximum usability. This is how they are gonna get me. Who? You ask... Well, Blackberry, because I am going to need to invest in a backup battery and charger. And Sirius, because I am going to have to cave in and start paying for the web radio that USED to be included in the subscription price which we SHOULDN'T have to pay extra for to begin with.... :Flaming: ... Sorry, still bitter about that. :-)

You can't keep using the free trial login/passwords on the blackberry?
DaveP Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

Probably, but then I'd wind up creating 52 different email addresses each year.
Joe In PA Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

Probably, but then I'd wind up creating 52 different email addresses each year.

True.. that's what beckster does now.. so she can just continue doing that.
But I've been using the Canadian trial. And I am still milking my trial from over 2 weeks ago. We'll have to experiment to see what we can do.
I HATE PIE!!
What is the actual cost of the web subscription? Isn't it like 2.99?
Joe In PA Wrote:What is the actual cost of the web subscription? Isn't it like 2.99?

I believe that is the price.. and after them adding those royalty fees.. they will have to suck my nuts to get that extra $3 from me.
Beckster, does the canadian trial work on it?

I have downloaded it but not used it yet b/c I am having problems with Sirius. I only have my XM account active right now.

I would like to use that trial on it though. That would be f'in sweet.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sirius XM Lynx Joe 5 2,616 11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Joe
  I'm dropping Blackberry Pete Nice 5 2,377 03-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  BlackBerry 6™ Operating System Joe 5 2,403 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
  Blackberry Facebook App Joe 4 2,394 08-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Last Post: DaveP
  Your Blackberry cant do this Derick 8 3,397 07-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  What Sirius/XM gear are you rockin? the keifer 18 6,707 05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
  Best BlackBerry apps? AirHej 58 18,142 04-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  Last blackberry question of the night.... LeNeve 4 2,312 03-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Twitter app for BlackBerry? AirHej 14 5,190 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Last Post: michaelangelo
  What's more mammoth? iphone? Blackberry? WinMobile? Brian 17 6,118 09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Last Post: the keifer