Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius XM Lynx
[Image: sirius-xm-lynx.jpg]

It's since been removed, but a listing for the tidy little package you see above was on Best Buy's website long enough this week to provide most of the details on Sirius XM's still-unannounced Lynx satellite radio receiver. As you can see, it relies on a touchscreen interface for the most part and, even more interestingly, it apparently runs some sort of custom version of Android -- although we wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up about Android Marketplace access or the like. You'll also get a microSD card slot to load it up with your own music, and it can be used in conjunction with your choice of a car kit, home kit or portable speaker dock (not included). Assuming nothing's changed, you can expect this one to set you back $250, although there's unfortunately no indication of a release date.
At least it is android and not apple OS, we know it will work well and be the first to get all updates. :poke:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:At least it is android and not apple OS, we know it will work well and be the first to get all updates. :poke:
And it won't have half the features it should, so customers have to buy version 2 when it's released.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:At least it is android and not apple OS, we know it will work well and be the first to get all updates. :poke:
And it won't have half the features it should, so customers have to buy version 2 when it's released.

WAIT, I thought JOe said it DIDN'T have Apple OS....
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Well if it follows the Stiletto it will be missing a lot in it's first launch and then will be buggy in the 2nd release.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SiriusXM Lynx Joe 3 2,128 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  What Sirius/XM gear are you rockin? the keifer 18 6,707 05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Sirius to Blackberry Joe 18 6,153 03-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Sirius XM's latest blunder: Its iPhone app Joe 7 2,912 06-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Last Post: AirHej