Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-11-10 Monday, Monday.......la la la la la
i bleed green Wrote:Eagles sure shit the bed again this weekend.I've been a big McNabb supporter since day one but I think you give him one more shot and if he can't get it done go with Kolb.They also need a bruiser type running back that can get the tough yards so they aren't so one-dimensional.I know they are pass first team but you at least need some semblance of a ground game.They need to go back to basics and learn to tackle on defence.As good as Samuel is in coverage I don't think I've ever seen that pathetic a tackler.He should almost lose his pro bowl spot because of that.They are as talented as any team in the league when they're on, but I don't know if they are too finesse or what the hell their problem is.They need to change something because they simply are not performing up to the level they should be.

As a Cowboys fan (pro and college), I've loved this season. Yes the Eagles are very much a finesse team. They miss Dawkins giving them some fire and attitude on the defensive side of the ball. The injuries that the Eagles have had on the offensive line are also somewhat a result of the WCO. Teams that lineup and run at you allow for the offensive line to deliver hits which isn't nearly as hard on the body as pass blocking where OL are taking hits from the DL. Philly really needs to run more. When they've been successful in the post season, they ran the ball more (maybe not a LOT more but at least some more) than they have this year.

Next Sunday's game pitting Dallas @ Vikings looks to be a great matchup.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I'm a little late, but I am ready for the show!! Oh wait, I gotta go grab my lunch first... I take it back, I'm not ready just yet...
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I can't really remember the last time I was truly bored. I always find something to do.
There is always something I can do...I can't remember being bored in a long time.
Pokes28 Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:Eagles sure shit the bed again this weekend.I've been a big McNabb supporter since day one but I think you give him one more shot and if he can't get it done go with Kolb.They also need a bruiser type running back that can get the tough yards so they aren't so one-dimensional.I know they are pass first team but you at least need some semblance of a ground game.They need to go back to basics and learn to tackle on defence.As good as Samuel is in coverage I don't think I've ever seen that pathetic a tackler.He should almost lose his pro bowl spot because of that.They are as talented as any team in the league when they're on, but I don't know if they are too finesse or what the hell their problem is.They need to change something because they simply are not performing up to the level they should be.

As a Cowboys fan (pro and college), I've loved this season. Yes the Eagles are very much a finesse team. They miss Dawkins giving them some fire and attitude on the defensive side of the ball. The injuries that the Eagles have had on the offensive line are also somewhat a result of the WCO. Teams that lineup and run at you allow for the offensive line to deliver hits which isn't nearly as hard on the body as pass blocking where OL are taking hits from the DL. Philly really needs to run more. When they've been successful in the post season, they ran the ball more (maybe not a LOT more but at least some more) than they have this year.

Next Sunday's game pitting Dallas @ Vikings looks to be a great matchup.

They have Weaver as a Smash back, and he had some success, but Reid is just way too pass happy. I can't tell you how nice it is to drive around town today. Everything is so quiet. The radio is playing real music, not shitty fight songs and made up hype songs. And no Eagles fan will look you in the eye. What a week this is going to be Smile
ap bikini team Wrote:They have Weaver as a Smash back, and he had some success, but Reid is just way too pass happy. I can't tell you how nice it is to drive around town today. Everything is so quiet. The radio is playing real music, not shitty fight songs and made up hype songs. And no Eagles fan will look you in the eye. What a week this is going to be Smile

You are wayyy too happy about that. lol
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
No Pete????
Iva13 Wrote:No Pete????

Maybe he caught Your and LeNeve's bug and is now in bed dying.
I HATE PIE!!
Why do we want to hear this? Good grief. Nothing is sacred anymore... I heard that 911 call on the news.
I HATE PIE!!
If Rich is so disgusted by releasing the 911 call, why did he just play part of it? I don't want to hear it.
Brian in NY Wrote:If Rich is so disgusted by releasing the 911 call, why did he just play part of it? I don't want to hear it.

Which 911 call? I was airing up some guys tires, and missed it. He tipped me 2 bucks though.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:If Rich is so disgusted by releasing the 911 call, why did he just play part of it? I don't want to hear it.

Which 911 call? I was airing up some guys tires, and missed it. He tipped me 2 bucks though.
Brittany Murphy's mom called 911.
beckster Wrote:
ap bikini team Wrote:They have Weaver as a Smash back, and he had some success, but Reid is just way too pass happy. I can't tell you how nice it is to drive around town today. Everything is so quiet. The radio is playing real music, not shitty fight songs and made up hype songs. And no Eagles fan will look you in the eye. What a week this is going to be Smile

You are wayyy too happy about that. lol

When you live in Philly's backyard, you choke on Eagles crap. So yes, I do get way too happy with they crash and burn. You would too if you weren't a fan and hear as much of it as I do.

I really think that McCoy is a hell of a back. But as you say, Reid just can't handle not throwing the football 50 times a game. When I think of the best Eagles teams, I think of when they had Duce Staley and the really good backups they had. I know that Westbrook is/was a stud, but he's more receiver than RB.
Pete had a bad weekend when it comes to sports. He and a "friend" of his were really getting after it on facebook. Was pretty funny. I think he was ok with the AFC but really mad about the NFC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT