Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 10/15/15: Who's wine? What wine?
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:interesting.

ESE - 2.7L And 3.5L GTDI With Satellite Radio Only

ESE is an audio system feature that enhances certain engine tones typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses a DACMC (contained within the ACM) and the audio system speakers.

The DACMC determines the engine tone to enhance based upon engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM. The data from the PCM is processed and converted into an analog audio signal, transmitted to the DACMC internal tone generator, and output by the ACM to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.

:roflmao:

VW is spending a whole lot of engineering time and effort figuring out how to pollute the world.
While it sounds like Ford is spending a lot of engineering time making the engine sound better.

:high5:
making fake engine sounds through digital processing.

DACMC

The DACMC ESE functions only operate while the engine is running and all doors are closed.

The DACMC is a digital signal processor that consists of an internal analog/digital converter and tone generator.

The DACMC uses engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM to calculate the targeted frequency needed to enhance engine noise within the passenger compartment. The DACMC ESE frequency signal is output by the ACM to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.

When the engine is running and the audio system is in use, the ACM fluctuating AC voltage output signals to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer speakers as fluctuating AC voltage contain a mixture of the ESE frequency with the audio signals.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:The plus side to the crap I am going thru. I have made it concrete and clear that my kid isn't abused. I may have ruined the credibility of his kid using her own writing (if you are going to plot against someone, you should write about... Hey, live and learn...). And I am no longer a sobbing mess (I hope that part is behind me). Now, I am mad and seeking ways to get this done with and behind me. The social worker told me that I and my kid are in the clear and now we just have to wait for the final verdict against him.

Dude. WTF?
I remember you saying you were getting investigated, but I figured it was just because a crazy ex made a crazy accusation.
Did someone really get hurt? verdict against who?

Well, yes and no. My kid does have a broken leg, but that was from a trampoline, not an act of violence from her dad. But his ex and his other kid told CPS that he has such a "violent" temper that he was probably the one to break her leg. I had paperwork verifying that the hospital saw no reason to suspect foul play. It didn't change the fact that I've been freaking the fuck out that they might take my kid away from me.

His other kid is alleging that he assaulted her. They contacted CPS, who is investigating. They met with him on Monday and I had to meet with them yesterday. Probably the most stress I have ever endured in my entire life. The stupid thing is that he has never even spanked the kid. He sure as hell has never put his hands on me, so this whole deal is complete nonsense. BUT he could still go to jail over it if they decide that he's guilty. And his relationship with his kid is estranged to say the least.

Now, fuck the wine. I need something stronger.

you shouldn't be getting drunk, until the heat dies down at least. :high5:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:interesting.

ESE - 2.7L And 3.5L GTDI With Satellite Radio Only

ESE is an audio system feature that enhances certain engine tones typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses a DACMC (contained within the ACM) and the audio system speakers.

The DACMC determines the engine tone to enhance based upon engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM. The data from the PCM is processed and converted into an analog audio signal, transmitted to the DACMC internal tone generator, and output by the ACM to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.

VW is spending a whole lot of engineering time and effort figuring out how to pollute the world.
While it sounds like Ford is spending a lot of engineering time making the engine sound better.

:high5:
making fake engine sounds through digital processing.

DACMC

The DACMC ESE functions only operate while the engine is running and all doors are closed.

The DACMC is a digital signal processor that consists of an internal analog/digital converter and tone generator.

The DACMC uses engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM to calculate the targeted frequency needed to enhance engine noise within the passenger compartment. The DACMC ESE frequency signal is output by the ACM to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.

When the engine is running and the audio system is in use, the ACM fluctuating AC voltage output signals to the LHF and RHF door midwoofer speakers as fluctuating AC voltage contain a mixture of the ESE frequency with the audio signals.

That's so lame.
The spend so much time and money making it quieter, then spend more time and money making it louder again.
I was bringing something home from Lowes once, and to fit it in my trunk I had to fold the rear seats down.
I noticed that made my engine sound a whole lot better.
Chip Wrote:I was bringing something home from Lowes once, and to fit it in my trunk I had to fold the rear seats down.

You should join Ford's engine sound enhancement engineering team. It's pretty elite. Like Top Gun, they even play shirtless volley ball every day.
Chip Wrote:Well, that sounds like a good old time.

Don't it though? The only thing even more fun would be to shove toothpicks under my toenails and douse them with bleach.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I was bringing something home from Lowes once, and to fit it in my trunk I had to fold the rear seats down.

You should join Ford's engine sound enhancement engineering team. It's pretty elite. Like Top Gun, they even play shirtless volley ball every day.

That sounded really cool.
Right up until the end.
I've decided to let them figure that out on their own now.
theres a 15 f150 in here right now with tall the options. I want to go see if the ESE feature is enabled, and if it actually gives people engine sound boners.
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Well, yes and no. My kid does have a broken leg, but that was from a trampoline, not an act of violence from her dad. But his ex and his other kid told CPS that he has such a "violent" temper that he was probably the one to break her leg. I had paperwork verifying that the hospital saw no reason to suspect foul play. It didn't change the fact that I've been freaking the fuck out that they might take my kid away from me.

His other kid is alleging that he assaulted her. They contacted CPS, who is investigating. They met with him on Monday and I had to meet with them yesterday. Probably the most stress I have ever endured in my entire life. The stupid thing is that he has never even spanked the kid. He sure as hell has never put his hands on me, so this whole deal is complete nonsense. BUT he could still go to jail over it if they decide that he's guilty. And his relationship with his kid is estranged to say the least.

Now, fuck the wine. I need something stronger.

you shouldn't be getting drunk, until the heat dies down at least. :high5:

Good point :high5:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM