Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday, April 30 ~ Namaste
This is kinda really cool.

EM drives could also be used on multi-generation spaceships for interstellar travel. A journey to Alpha Centauri, which is “just” 4.3 light-years away, suddenly wouldn’t be so daunting. An EM drive working under a constant one milli-g acceleration would propel a ship to about 9.4% the speed of light, resulting in a total travel time of 92 years. But that’s without the need for deceleration; should we wish to make a stop at Alpha Centauri, we’d have to add another 38 years to the trip. Not a big deal by any extent of the imagination.

http://io9.com/new-test-suggests-nasas-i...1701188933
[youtube]1ere9BjJuVg[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:This is kinda really cool.

EM drives could also be used on multi-generation spaceships for interstellar travel. A journey to Alpha Centauri, which is “just” 4.3 light-years away, suddenly wouldn’t be so daunting. An EM drive working under a constant one milli-g acceleration would propel a ship to about 9.4% the speed of light, resulting in a total travel time of 92 years. But that’s without the need for deceleration; should we wish to make a stop at Alpha Centauri, we’d have to add another 38 years to the trip. Not a big deal by any extent of the imagination.

You gotta wonder what lead the guy to come up with that.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:This is kinda really cool.

You gotta wonder what lead the guy to come up with that.

:roflmao: Best comment to the article:

I need to be clear: I would not merely lose my shit. It would be as if my shit had never existed. The very concept of shit would no longer be relevant in the current paradigm.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Jimmy Fallon made his prediction on who was going to win the Kentucky derby with the cutest puppies.
Chip Wrote:[youtube]1ere9BjJuVg[/youtube]

The things you males will do just to get laid.
I HATE PIE!!
Jimmy Fallon predicted the kentucky derby with the cutest damn puppies.
[youtube]jMsIPmaAILo[/youtube]
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Haha
It's not our fault. If you girls weren't so persnickety.
You gotta hand it to that bird for figuring out that THAT is what it takes to get laid.
How many things did he have to try before he found out that's what he should be doing?
NussieT Wrote:Jimmy Fallon predicted the kentucky derby with the cutest damn puppies.

I would watch the Kentucky Derby if it were made of those puppies instead of horses with midgets on their backs.
NussieT Wrote:Jimmy Fallon made his prediction on who was going to win the Kentucky derby with the cutest puppies.

[youtube_url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMsIPmaAILo[/youtube_url]
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Jimmy Fallon predicted the kentucky derby with the cutest damn puppies.

I would watch the Kentucky Derby if it were made of those puppies instead of horses with midgets on their backs.

I just want a puppy, they are sooo cute
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Haha
It's not our fault. If you girls weren't so persnickety.
You gotta hand it to that bird for figuring out that THAT is what it takes to get laid.
How many things did he have to try before he found out that's what he should be doing?

I do feel shame for the female population for allowing that crap to work.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Jimmy Fallon made his prediction on who was going to win the Kentucky derby with the cutest puppies.

NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I just want a puppy, they are sooo cute

:high5:
I say go get one.
Damn the consequences.
NussieT Wrote:I just want a puppy, they are sooo cute

Puppies are cute. I just hate the puppy phase, same with kittens though.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM