Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 4/3/14 - 1024
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:What happned to UPS being a good company to work for?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/02...lp00000592

Having worked in a unionized job, being an employee and an employer. I get UPS' argument. UPS probably would have had a good reason to fire the guy in the first place. Unions don't let their members get walked all over. Believe me you need a case file 3" thick before you can think about firing them.
If I had all my employees walk out causing a work stoppage they too would be out the door. We have a job to do, I pay you to do the job and if you don't like it then there's the door. There is still unemployed people out there who would love a mindless job like moving packages in a warehouse

The pickle I used to work at did something similar just last year. They caught wind that the employees were speaking to a union rep and they were all promptly laid off. Several were permanently let go and the rest were called back afterwards. All the employees want there is to have a safe work environment and better pay. The moron that runs the place now is all about threats and power trips. Their employee morale is in the toilet... It's a damn good thing that pickles are difficult to contaminate, because I can only imagine the amount of spit being dropped into those pouches.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:The pickle I used to work at did something similar just last year. They caught wind that the employees were speaking to a union rep and they were all promptly laid off. Several were permanently let go and the rest were called back afterwards. All the employees want there is to have a safe work environment and better pay. The moron that runs the place now is all about threats and power trips. Their employee morale is in the toilet... It's a damn good thing that pickles are difficult to contaminate, because I can only imagine the amount of spit being dropped into those pouches.

Good chances if they were called back the union fought for them and were forced to be rehired.
Jim's friend did that... Got pulled into the office to get in trouble for something, got pissed off and told the svc manager off. Almost punched him out before someone finally stepped in. A week later he was back in the shop and not because the svc manager wanted him there either.
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:The pickle I used to work at did something similar just last year. They caught wind that the employees were speaking to a union rep and they were all promptly laid off. Several were permanently let go and the rest were called back afterwards. All the employees want there is to have a safe work environment and better pay. The moron that runs the place now is all about threats and power trips. Their employee morale is in the toilet... It's a damn good thing that pickles are difficult to contaminate, because I can only imagine the amount of spit being dropped into those pouches.

Good chances if they were called back the union fought for them and were forced to be rehired.
Jim's friend did that... Got pulled into the office to get in trouble for something, got pissed off and told the svc manager off. Almost punched him out before someone finally stepped in. A week later he was back in the shop and not because the svc manager wanted him there either.

That place isn't union at all. The employees work about 60 hours a week and make $8/hr. If you get sick from the black mold that forms under the tanks, they will fire you first. So, every so often, someone tries to get the union to come in and the company uses threats to keep them from even having a vote to go union. They got the bonus program down to nothing, so there really is no incentives other than being employed. The place needs a union... maybe they won't cut so many corners as they do now. Safety regulations aren't usually followed there.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
That situation a union is not retarded. Totally needed.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:That place isn't union at all. The employees work about 60 hours a week and make $8/hr. If you get sick from the black mold that forms under the tanks, they will fire you first. So, every so often, someone tries to get the union to come in and the company uses threats to keep them from even having a vote to go union. They got the bonus program down to nothing, so there really is no incentives other than being employed. The place needs a union... maybe they won't cut so many corners as they do now. Safety regulations aren't usually followed there.

That happens everywhere. Canadian Tire never paid me overtime. Some of the other guys were trying to get me to join their labour lawsuit because I would work 90-120 hours every two weeks without any overtime.
By the time I left I wanted nothing to do with that place, there was no way I was going to spend months in court to get a bit of money.
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:That place isn't union at all. The employees work about 60 hours a week and make $8/hr. If you get sick from the black mold that forms under the tanks, they will fire you first. So, every so often, someone tries to get the union to come in and the company uses threats to keep them from even having a vote to go union. They got the bonus program down to nothing, so there really is no incentives other than being employed. The place needs a union... maybe they won't cut so many corners as they do now. Safety regulations aren't usually followed there.

That happens everywhere. Canadian Tire never paid me overtime. Some of the other guys were trying to get me to join their labour lawsuit because I would work 90-120 hours every two weeks without any overtime.
By the time I left I wanted nothing to do with that place, there was no way I was going to spend months in court to get a bit of money.

I am just glad I am out of that kind of place. When I was on the line, it was "We legally cannot force you to work a 16 hour shift, but just to let you all know that if you leave before we say you can, then you can expect to not have a job anymore." My goal is to never work at places that are like that again.
I HATE PIE!!
Damn James Hetfield has nice taste in hot rods:

[Image: 35df9a40-b9c1-11e3-accd-b1728315de91_Black_Pearl_1.jpg]
I HATE PIE!!
Here is a pure moron:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/04/03/no...d%3D460847
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM