Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phone, lg rhythm?
I got this lg rhythm today for 10 dollars, because of some promo, and renewing my contract. It seems like a cool phone. I haven't had time to play around with it yet though. It is alot different than the kyocera soho I have had for the last two years.

Does anyone have this phone?
How do you like it?
Any problems you have experienced?
Things you especially like?
How is the web surfing?
Any apps that are worth the money?
Is there any way to transfer my games and apps from my old phone?

So far today the ringer is not loud enough, (although I have been in a noisy shop), and I have to stop, unlock the phone, and press a button to see if I have missed a call or text. My old phone I could walk by and see instantly, or a bright blue light would blink letting me know.
:worthlesswopics:
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
[Image: alltel-lg-rhythm.jpg]
I can't say I have ever had an LG phone. I actually can't say I haven't owned anything but a Blackberry for at least 5 years.
for a slide phone it looks good, but not sure if i could ever go to anything but an iphone, once you hack you never go back
I have had the LG envy for years. I love it, but yesterday upgraded to a blackberry storm. So far I want my LG back. I am just going to see if I get used to it though. The touchscreen is tough so far. Everything is in a different place and getting your setting set how you want are tough. But I am going to give it a shot b/c it is the best phone out there technologically.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I have had the LG envy for years. I love it, but yesterday upgraded to a blackberry storm. So far I want my LG back. I am just going to see if I get used to it though. The touchscreen is tough so far. Everything is in a different place and getting your setting set how you want are tough. But I am going to give it a shot b/c it is the best phone out there technologically.
I type like a retarded monkey on the new Storm. So far the best phone I've ever had is the Blackberry Bold.
[Image: 716476_f520.jpg]
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I have had the LG envy for years. I love it, but yesterday upgraded to a blackberry storm. So far I want my LG back. I am just going to see if I get used to it though. The touchscreen is tough so far. Everything is in a different place and getting your setting set how you want are tough. But I am going to give it a shot b/c it is the best phone out there technologically.
I type like a retarded monkey on the new Storm. So far the best phone I've ever had is the Blackberry Bold.

Are you going to keep the Storm? I think I will, but I am about 20% on the side of turning it in.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

Are you going to keep the Storm? I think I will, but I am about 20% on the side of turning it in.
I was thinking about turning it back in, but the only other blackberry they have is the Curve and I've been there done that. I'm just gonna keep the Storm.

BTW. If you are going to keep the storm make sure you get the screen protectors.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

I was thinking about turning it back in, but the only other blackberry they have is the Curve and I've been there done that. I'm just gonna keep the Storm.

BTW. If you are going to keep the storm make sure you get the screen protectors.

Yeah I got those screen protectors. My wife and I both got the Storm. I am really having issues navigating, but I have had it for like 21 hrs, so we will see after a week how I feel. The thing is, they could have easily added 1/4" to the thickness and put an actually keyboard flip out in there.

Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:I have had the LG envy for years. I love it, but yesterday upgraded to a blackberry storm. So far I want my LG back. I am just going to see if I get used to it though. The touchscreen is tough so far. Everything is in a different place and getting your setting set how you want are tough. But I am going to give it a shot b/c it is the best phone out there technologically.

Almost a year later now. How are you feeling about this? Do you still have it?

I still want my old phone back, I know for a fact that I am not using the new blackberry storm2 to it's full potential, and that is driving me nuts. I like to know everything about any new tech I get, and it is keeping me up f-ing with it. I am still carrying my old phone around with me, like a baby with his blanky its weird.
I am actually listening to music on the old LG rhythm right now. It is going to be my video/mp3 player. It has a decent camera/video recorder too. Tons of memory using a micro sd card.
LeNeve Wrote:I am actually listening to music on the old LG rhythm right now. It is going to be my video/mp3 player. It has a decent camera/video recorder too. Tons of memory using a micro sd card.

You need to activate Slacker radio on that BB... You know you can also put tunes on it, right?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:I have had the LG envy for years. I love it, but yesterday upgraded to a blackberry storm. So far I want my LG back. I am just going to see if I get used to it though. The touchscreen is tough so far. Everything is in a different place and getting your setting set how you want are tough. But I am going to give it a shot b/c it is the best phone out there technologically.

Almost a year later now. How are you feeling about this? Do you still have it?

I still want my old phone back, I know for a fact that I am not using the new blackberry storm2 to it's full potential, and that is driving me nuts. I like to know everything about any new tech I get, and it is keeping me up f-ing with it. I am still carrying my old phone around with me, like a baby with his blanky its weird.

I am glad I made the switch now. It just takes getting used to. I am still waiting for a touchscreen blackberry that slides up to have a ful keyboard, that is my dream. But I will NEVER get antyhing BUT a balckberry ever again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best I Phone Apps Derick 24 6,520 03-26-2010, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Greg Mercer
  New Phone LeNeve 40 12,031 03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Chip