Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phone
I want to change my calling plan, and it requires purchase of new phone. Verizon is my carrier, so any suggestions?

I will use this phone for text, internet, and calling in that order most likely. I want camera, and a qwerty pad.
LeNeve Wrote:I want to change my calling plan, and it requires purchase of new phone. Verizon is my carrier, so any suggestions?

I will use this phone for text, internet, and calling in that order most likely. I want camera, and a qwerty pad.

I think I'm just about to go get one of those Droids on Verizon.
If your 2 year contract is up, you can get a Droid for $50 through Amazon or wireless fly(I think that's what it's called). Or it's $100 at Best Buy. And $200 at Verizon.
I'm only 1 year into my 2 year contract, so if I want to upgrade I have to go to Verizon to do it.
But, with the Android phones you need that $30 internet package on top of your calling plan.
Oh, and with the smart phones (Android, Blackberries) there's an App called PDAnet that allows you to hook your phone to a computer to use your phones internet on your computer, for free.
yeah i was thinking droid, or blackberry.
Smartphones are awesome.. Just note that, due to the fact they are constantly connected to send you emails and such that they charge $29.99 extra for the connection.... They won't come out and tell ya that stuff. I do love my Blackberry, though!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Watch for Verizon's bargains too.. You should be able to *cough* "scam" *cough* a free phone....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:Watch for Verizon's bargains too.. You should be able to *cough* "scam" *cough* a free phone....

that is my plan.
Chip Wrote:Oh, and with the smart phones (Android, Blackberries) there's an App called PDAnet that allows you to hook your phone to a computer to use your phones internet on your computer, for free.

I did not know this.... I need to investigate this situation.... My personal desktop is offline right now, because I didn't want people to download crap to it. I know I can password it, but I was letting knightryda use it to play with my video editing software.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Watch for Verizon's bargains too.. You should be able to *cough* "scam" *cough* a free phone....

that is my plan.

Hey, and I had a Voyager, then got my Dare just over a year ago.
Radio Shack is having this "trade in program", where I might be able to get $70 in gift cards for each of those phones.
So if you have any old cell phones, GPS, cameras, MP3 players, car radios, video games, stuff like that, you might be able to get a good amount of gift cards.
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Oh, and with the smart phones (Android, Blackberries) there's an App called PDAnet that allows you to hook your phone to a computer to use your phones internet on your computer, for free.

I did not know this.... I need to investigate this situation.... My personal desktop is offline right now, because I didn't want people to download crap to it. I know I can password it, but I was letting knightryda use it to play with my video editing software.

And, I think you can "root" (I think it's like hacking it) some phones that have WiFi, and turn them into a wireless access point for up to 5 computers.

But with that PDAnet, you just hook your phone to your computer with your USB, download a program to your computer, and the APP to your phone, and your computer can connect to the internet through your phone
Chip Wrote:And, I think you can "root" (I think it's like hacking it) some phones that have WiFi, and turn them into a wireless access point for up to 5 computers.
yes you can, but you better have your phone plugged in, cause your gonna have a dead battery in about 3.6 seconds
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Leneve,

1. How many phones are on your plan? Is the wife on it too? If so, I would suggest the lowest friends and family that still allows for the 10 free numbers. What are looking to realistically keep your bill around?

2. Get a blackberry, get one of the ones with the keyboard, I don't see you liking the storm.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
whatever you do.... DONT buy and iphone..... we dont need you kind :roflmao: :roflmao:
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:whatever you do.... DONT buy and iphone..... we dont need you kind :roflmao: :roflmao:
.....your kind?
:poke:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:Leneve,

1. How many phones are on your plan? Is the wife on it too? If so, I would suggest the lowest friends and family that still allows for the 10 free numbers. What are looking to realistically keep your bill around?

2. Get a blackberry, get one of the ones with the keyboard, I don't see you liking the storm.

I have 1 phone, and lately my bill has been around 120 a month. If I could stay around 120 or lower that would be good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best I Phone Apps Derick 24 6,520 03-26-2010, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Greg Mercer
  New phone, lg rhythm? LeNeve 14 5,087 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice