Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wed-NUS-day 01-05-2013
Hello ladies...
I did new brakes and rotors on the truck Saturday. This morning while driving to work I noticed that the truck would shake when I went around right hand corners. About half way to work I started to reflect back on my brake job and couldn't remember tightening the lugs when I finished up the driver's side. Sure enough when I got to work I found half of the nuts just barely hanging on.
Joe Wrote:I did new brakes and rotors on the truck Saturday. This morning while driving to work I noticed that the truck would shake when I went around right hand corners. About half way to work I started to reflect back on my brake job and couldn't remember tightening the lugs when I finished up the driver's side. Sure enough when I got to work I found half of the nuts just barely hanging on.

Oops.
Joe Wrote:I did new brakes and rotors on the truck Saturday. This morning while driving to work I noticed that the truck would shake when I went around right hand corners. About half way to work I started to reflect back on my brake job and couldn't remember tightening the lugs when I finished up the driver's side. Sure enough when I got to work I found half of the nuts just barely hanging on.
That happened to me once too. I had taken our car in to have the oil changed and tires rotated before driving to my parents house for a holiday. We had the kids with us and were tired of them bitching about the drive so we were trying to make up time. We were speeding along the highway about 80-85 and would hear a thud, thud, thud every so often. When we got to my parents I mentioned it to my dad and we looked at it the next morning. I had lost 2 lugs to the passenger front on the highway and a remaining were not even finger tight. The drivers front was just finger tightened. I went ape shit on the shop I had the work done. They said they were sorry.
JDubb Wrote:
That happened to me once too. I had taken our car in to have the oil changed and tires rotated before driving to my parents house for a holiday. We had the kids with us and were tired of them bitching about the drive so we were trying to make up time. We were speeding along the highway about 80-85 and would hear a thud, thud, thud every so often. When we got to my parents I mentioned it to my dad and we looked at it the next morning. I had lost 2 lugs to the passenger front on the highway and a remaining were not even finger tight. The drivers front was just finger tightened. I went ape shit on the shop I had the work done. They said they were sorry.

I would have gone so overboard ape shit if a shop did this to me.
Shirty deals. That's my biggest fear when I change tires.
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

I would have gone so overboard ape shit if a shop did this to me.
It still makes me sick to think about what could have happened...
rookies
I replaced the front pads and rotors on my car two weeks ago. I still have to replace the rear shoes, maybe this weekend. I'm not looking forward to that.
Shirty deals
My truck needs brakes all around too Confusedad:
paging Brampton to the white curtsey phone
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
shirty deals and tuck brakes
And curtsey phones
[Image: 3433225-young-businessman-curtsey.jpg]
I'll wake up in the middle of the night sometimes, and can't remember if I tightened something or not. Then can't sleep. Then get to work hoping the vehicle is still there, so I can check it. Never had a loose nut or bolt yet.

I did leave a hose clamp loose one time, and the guys radiator hose blew off on him when he was driving home. He wasn't even mad at me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday, Nov 13, 2013 ~ Free Falling Beckster 17 234 11-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  June 9, 2013 ~ Today..... Beckster 54 512 06-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 12/30/2013 - Not now... Joe 121 793 12-31-2013, 01:01 AM
  Monday 12/23/2013 - Stacks 'n' Cracks Brian 94 947 12-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Thursday & Friday, December 26-27, 2013 ~ Boxing Day Beckster 93 1,146 12-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  December 20, 2013 ~ Ice and Snow Beckster 62 646 12-28-2013, 07:19 PM
  Thursday 12/19/2013....Changes Derick 106 752 12-28-2013, 06:06 PM
  Monday 12/16/2013....Lets start this biotch Derick 27 416 12-16-2013, 06:20 PM
  Friday 12/13/2013 - Just another day herding Nerf Joe 35 514 12-14-2013, 02:12 PM
  Thursday, Dec 12, 2013 ~ RIP Mini Fridge Beckster 41 372 12-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Beckster