Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wed-NUS-day 01-05-2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello ladies...
I did new brakes and rotors on the truck Saturday. This morning while driving to work I noticed that the truck would shake when I went around right hand corners. About half way to work I started to reflect back on my brake job and couldn't remember tightening the lugs when I finished up the driver's side. Sure enough when I got to work I found half of the nuts just barely hanging on.
Joe Wrote:I did new brakes and rotors on the truck Saturday. This morning while driving to work I noticed that the truck would shake when I went around right hand corners. About half way to work I started to reflect back on my brake job and couldn't remember tightening the lugs when I finished up the driver's side. Sure enough when I got to work I found half of the nuts just barely hanging on.

Oops.
Joe Wrote:I did new brakes and rotors on the truck Saturday. This morning while driving to work I noticed that the truck would shake when I went around right hand corners. About half way to work I started to reflect back on my brake job and couldn't remember tightening the lugs when I finished up the driver's side. Sure enough when I got to work I found half of the nuts just barely hanging on.
That happened to me once too. I had taken our car in to have the oil changed and tires rotated before driving to my parents house for a holiday. We had the kids with us and were tired of them bitching about the drive so we were trying to make up time. We were speeding along the highway about 80-85 and would hear a thud, thud, thud every so often. When we got to my parents I mentioned it to my dad and we looked at it the next morning. I had lost 2 lugs to the passenger front on the highway and a remaining were not even finger tight. The drivers front was just finger tightened. I went ape shit on the shop I had the work done. They said they were sorry.
JDubb Wrote:
That happened to me once too. I had taken our car in to have the oil changed and tires rotated before driving to my parents house for a holiday. We had the kids with us and were tired of them bitching about the drive so we were trying to make up time. We were speeding along the highway about 80-85 and would hear a thud, thud, thud every so often. When we got to my parents I mentioned it to my dad and we looked at it the next morning. I had lost 2 lugs to the passenger front on the highway and a remaining were not even finger tight. The drivers front was just finger tightened. I went ape shit on the shop I had the work done. They said they were sorry.

I would have gone so overboard ape shit if a shop did this to me.
Shirty deals. That's my biggest fear when I change tires.
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

I would have gone so overboard ape shit if a shop did this to me.
It still makes me sick to think about what could have happened...
rookies
I replaced the front pads and rotors on my car two weeks ago. I still have to replace the rear shoes, maybe this weekend. I'm not looking forward to that.
Shirty deals
My truck needs brakes all around too Confusedad:
paging Brampton to the white curtsey phone
shirty deals and tuck brakes
And curtsey phones
[Image: 3433225-young-businessman-curtsey.jpg]
I'll wake up in the middle of the night sometimes, and can't remember if I tightened something or not. Then can't sleep. Then get to work hoping the vehicle is still there, so I can check it. Never had a loose nut or bolt yet.

I did leave a hose clamp loose one time, and the guys radiator hose blew off on him when he was driving home. He wasn't even mad at me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7