Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June 9, 2013 ~ Today.....
Is Monday.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Is my nephews first birthday.
I didn't buy anything this weekend.
But last weekend and last week I bought a new sound bar/surround sound. With a universal remote and speaker stands for the rear speakers.
I took my time last week putting it all up and setting it up, but I love it now.
I got this Vizio 5.1 soundbar. The subwoofer is wireless and the rear speakers connect to it. So I have it right next to my sofa with the speakers behind it.
And Logitech remotes are great. It controls my cable just like the normal cable remote, and the sound bar, and even the smart TV.
Chip Wrote:I didn't buy anything this weekend.
But last weekend and last week I bought a new sound bar/surround sound. With a universal remote and speaker stands for the rear speakers.
I took my time last week putting it all up and setting it up, but I love it now.
I got this Vizio 5.1 soundbar. The subwoofer is wireless and the rear speakers connect to it. So I have it right next to my sofa with the speakers behind it.
And Logitech remotes are great. It controls my cable just like the normal cable remote, and the sound bar, and even the smart TV.

All I bought was over-priced gas, a few groceries and diapers. Then I paid my bills and now I am broke until I get paid again in 2 weeks. Confusedad:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Jim bought a surround sound system that he still hasn't set the speakers up. Maybe we should sell that and just go with the sound bar instead.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Jim bought a surround sound system that he still hasn't set the speakers up. Maybe we should sell that and just go with the sound bar instead.

My TV is over a fire place, so I don't really have room for much near it. And it's in the corner, so I can't really put speakers next to it. It's actually in a dumb location, but it is what it is.

That sound bar really sounds great though.

On a side note, when I ordered it from Best Buy, I did the in store pick up.
And as I was walking away from the counter I just happened to look down and notice they gave me the 2.1 version. Not the 5.1 that I ordered.
That's twice in a row they've messed up an online order.
logitech remotes do kick ass
I bought a pair of sunglasses on Friday afternoon, that's it.
this sounds awesome, so the only wiring is from the subwoofer to the rear speakers? Could you hook up other sources to the speakers? I want to get something like this but also hook up the stereo to them for satellite radio.
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:
this sounds awesome, so the only wiring is from the subwoofer to the rear speakers? Could you hook up other sources to the speakers? I want to get something like this but also hook up the stereo to them for satellite radio.

Yeah, the only wires are one from the TV to the sound bar. Then one from each of the rear speakers to the sub woofer.

And there are a bunch of audio inputs, but they're all on the sound bar itself. So what ever you hook up to it, would have to be near it. Or it has bluetooth.
And with the remote I have, I can program it so when I press a button it turns only the sound bar on and switches it to what ever input I want, like bluetooth.
Chip Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:

Yeah, the only wires are one from the TV to the sound bar. Then one from each of the rear speakers to the sub woofer.

And there are a bunch of audio inputs, but they're all on the sound bar itself. So what ever you hook up to it, would have to be near it. Or it has bluetooth.
And with the remote I have, I can program it so when I press a button it turns only the sound bar on and switches it to what ever input I want, like bluetooth.

Nice, so the blue tooth could hook up the stereo and switching inputs from the TV & stereo. I can't wait until we can finally get a bigger place so I can do this
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:

Nice, so the blue tooth could hook up the stereo and switching inputs from the TV & stereo. I can't wait until we can finally get a bigger place so I can do this

I would eventually like to have everything on remote. That movie Hitch got me with that. To have one main remote/receiver that could control the lights and everything else would be awesome.
I HATE PIE!!
My brother and sister had a party for my nephew yesterday. I get a text at 7am asking if everyone at our house feels ok. Apparently a bunch of people are sick and she thinks it's food poisoning.
Just checked out this matco scanner. Kick ass, except its $3600
Donginator Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Yeah, the only wires are one from the TV to the sound bar. Then one from each of the rear speakers to the sub woofer.

Yeah, the bluetooth is just like another input. And you can have something different hooked up to every input.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Wednesday, June 29, 2016 ~ It's Kind Of Friday Beckster 7 793 06-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  It Really Is Friday, June 24, 2016 Today Beckster 28 1,989 06-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, June 23, 2016 ~ I almost thought it was Wednesday Beckster 34 2,333 06-23-2016, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Tuesday, June 21, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 20 1,718 06-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday. June 20, 2016 ~ Bump Beckster 22 1,483 06-21-2016, 10:33 AM
  Tuesday, June 14, 2016 ~ It's Tuesday Beckster 21 2,223 06-14-2016, 03:08 PM
  Monday, June 13, 2016 ~ It's over Beckster 25 2,839 06-13-2016, 03:40 PM
  Friday, June 10, 2016 ~ RIP Gordie Beckster 15 911 06-10-2016, 02:51 PM