Poll: What location would be better for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Pittsburgh
87.50%
7 87.50%
2. New York City
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge for C&R - Dudebro Olympiads
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:IT has been back burnered b/c this dudebro convention kind of snagged the timeframe I wanted to use. It will have to be in the fall now, September might be perfect, and it will be in Pittsburgh most likely, a lot closer and cheaper for most of you. I just need to hammer down the details with the guys. Covino has stated on the show he is all about it, but what is his family schedule going to look like? Will it allow for a weekend in Pittsburgh? That is what we have to determine.
So how many spare bedrooms ya got?
i've already claimed one of them
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
I actually have two spare bedrooms that are already set up. A couch in the basement and another room that air mattresses can go in. Depends on how much privacy you would desire.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:Covino has stated on the show he is all about it,
I call bs.He talks big game ,but he's not gonna go through with it as usual.

P.S. If you have monkey fights ,Covino will be guaranteed to win.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
If this idea goes down, I will definitely make my way down to Pittsburgh to participate. It would be a fun meeting, especially if C&R could come. I have the same doubts as many do here, but it's worth a shot.
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
Greg Mercer Wrote:If this idea goes down, I will definitely make my way down to Pittsburgh to participate. It would be a fun meeting, especially if C&R could come. I have the same doubts as many do here, but it's worth a shot.

May as well end this thread now... No way C&R are coming to Pittsburgh unless Sirius is paying for it and they are broadcasting live.
I'm in, if and when this goes down.
Lozito Wrote:I'm in, if and when this goes down.

I assume this means Rich is definitely in.. being that you are his conscience..
Welcome to DBN Lozito :beer:
Do to the Dudebro convention getting thrown into the timeperiod I wanted to use for this event, I started a new poll. Vote away.

I voted for Sep 2010. Weather is good, not to hot, not to cold, and it is still this year.

October has the possibility of being too cold.

I really don't want to wait until next year.

Thoughts?

What did you vote for and why?

Remember, it's only a weekend, so no need to take vacations days off work.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I voted Sept because Pete said so.
3 hrs from here on a weekend, I'm game for September. If it can't be September than I'd rather wait till spring 11 because of the cooler weather in October.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Looks like we have some show support on this, so I need to get the ball rolling.

Here is what I am thinking. May 2011. Perfect time, weather is good (unless it rains). Not to hot not to cold. So I think May 2011 would be the ideal time. I know it is close to Dudebroweek 2011, which will be in June, but being over a weekend, no one will have to use vacation days. Also to save money, we can buy a bunch of food and BBQ all weekend. I can find a decent hotel for around $60 a night hopefully. I don't want anyone to break the bank with Dudebro week 2011 just a month after this.

Now, here is the primary thing we need to determine. What city will it be in?

1. Pittsburgh:

Pros: I can set up all the events and plan a schedule. I can obtain and secure fields, courts etc. Pirates game is cheap and fun. More of a central location for a lot of people, especially DBN people. Pittsburgh is one of hte cheapest cities to visit in the US, GREAT VALUE!

Cons: First and foremost, getting the guys to come to Pittsburgh for a weekend, especially Covino. I think Rich and Spot would jump on it, but Covino has obligations. People might bitch that Pittsburgh has nothing to do with the show.

2. New York City

Pros: No need to plan travel for the guys. It's freaking NYC!!

Cons: More expensive. More of a hassle getting around and securing the required fields, courts etc. More expensive. More expensive. More expensive.

So here is what we need. I need EVERYONE to pitch in their two cents worth and give ideas. EVERY-FUCKING-ONE!!!! We need to get these dates settled and the location settled so I can start planning the event location and hotel.

Also, any ideas and if you can make it would be GREAT.

If there are dates in the month of May that are bad for you POST IT NOW!!!! Birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Let's get this rolling and not shit out like we did with our convention idea please.

I would have to believe that Pittsburgh would be a hell of a lot easier to get more people to.
Not to mention, I bet it would be a lot easier to find a park to actually hold the olympics in.

Pittsburgh I can almost guarantee that I'd make.
New York, I'd have to fly, the hotel would be a lot more money, I probably wouldn't make.
That's making you lean towards NY, isn't it?

You thinking Memorial Day weekend? Or will everybody be busy with Memorial Day family stuff?
Chip Wrote:I would have to believe that Pittsburgh would be a hell of a lot easier to get more people to.
Not to mention, I bet it would be a lot easier to find a park to actually hold the olympics in.

New York, I'd have to fly, the hotel would be a lot more money, I probably wouldn't make.

You thinking Memorial Day weekend? Or will everybody be busy with Memorial Day family stuff?

I want it to be in PGH and you be there. It will be great having you surrounded by Penguins stuff.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I would have to believe that Pittsburgh would be a hell of a lot easier to get more people to.

I want it to be in PGH and you be there. It will be great having you surrounded by Penguins stuff.

Haha.
But, I'd like to think that I've been desensitized to that stuff, having had to live surrounded by Red Wings crap my whole life.
The first Saturday of May is the Kentucky Derby (I am off-limits that day) and the third is the Preakness Stakes....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Dudebro call to arms: Matthew McConaughey Jersey_Mike 22 3,883 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: shruti0727
  Dudebro Convention 2012 information and discussion Pete Nice 17 7,757 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Dudebro Convention 2012 dates final vote Pete Nice 7 2,778 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Joe
  DudeBro Convention 2012 dates Pete Nice 8 3,913 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Dudebro Convention 2012 Location Pete Nice 31 10,185 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
  Dudebro Convention 2011 Pete Nice 233 61,111 08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  Pseudo Dudebro Convention @ Band of Buds? Greg Mercer 21 7,416 08-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: eddieyourdj
  2011 Dudebro Convention - Mets Game Greg Mercer 5 2,392 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  DUDEBRO CONVENTION 2011! (HEADCOUNT) Rich Davis 19 7,267 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  DudeBro Convention part deux 2011 eddieyourdj 4 2,500 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM