Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday July 31, 2012 - There has to be more...
NussieT Wrote:Money can't buy happiness... even if you have it... You either have no one to spend free time with because you alienated them all trying to become rich or you work so much you never spend it. Story of my life...

I disagree. The key is to not let others know you have as much as you do. I have several friends who do this. I know, but I don't care, most people think they have the average Joe's money. They are able to do whatever they want and buy mostly what they want. You might be right about the work part, but if you are able to manage a 60ish hour work week or less and have your fun, then money does buy happiness. If I got paid double what I get paid now, I would be in that boat and have all those things I said I wanted.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I can't afford the things I like. There is my problem.

No one ever can, unless you are the top 1%, so you have to have fun with what you can afford. I want a motorcycle, a bigger house, two jetski's a boat and to vacation 6 weeks a year, not gonna happen.

I work 2 jobs and pay my bills.
According to the 99%, I'm the 1%.

Well then I am too, but still, another 30k a year would put me where I want to be.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Joe Wrote:What does that have to do with money? You just need to pick more friends.
Because I am too busy making money, i don't have time to go make friends...
boats and hoes. happiness, joy.
Pete Nice Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Money can't buy happiness... even if you have it... You either have no one to spend free time with because you alienated them all trying to become rich or you work so much you never spend it. Story of my life...

I disagree. The key is to not let others know you have as much as you do. I have several friends who do this. I know, but I don't care, most people think they have the average Joe's money. They are able to do whatever they want and buy mostly what they want. You might be right about the work part, but if you are able to manage a 60ish hour work week or less and have your fun, then money does buy happiness. If I got paid double what I get paid now, I would be in that boat and have all those things I said I wanted.

She's also talking about working 80 hours a week which goes against what I was talking about. I'm sure I could squeeze an extra job into the 50 hours I already do, but that's not living.
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:What does that have to do with money? You just need to pick more friends.
Because I am too busy making money, i don't have time to go make friends...

Then you are not doing it right either.
Pete Nice Wrote:

We don't flaunt our money, our friends don't have good money mananging skills and it shows. When we call them up to see if they want to go somewhere and hit up the fair and fireworks... they can't go... they don't have money... seriously.. they don't have $100 to blow
Good Morning, bros!

Joe, I'm with you! I certainly hope it all changes...for you and me.

I wanna be like the guy in my avatar!!
360 Gamertag: Lonne3000
Words With Friends: Lonne3000
Lonne3000 Wrote:Good Morning, bros!

I'm pretty sure the only thing that's going to satisfy me is if I work for myself. I've tried this in the past, but I always wind up partnered with someone else that doesn't believe in hard work.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I can't afford the things I like. There is my problem.

No one ever can, unless you are the top 1%, so you have to have fun with what you can afford. I want a motorcycle, a bigger house, two jetski's a boat and to vacation 6 weeks a year, not gonna happen.

I work 2 jobs and pay my bills.
According to the 99%, I'm the 1%.
I work 2 jobs, pay my bills, and can afford to buy toys on the side. I would like to not work 2 jobs one day, but I either need to make more at one of them, or have less hobbies
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Joe Wrote:

I'm pretty sure the only thing that's going to satisfy me is if I work for myself. I've tried this in the past, but I always wind up partnered with someone else that doesn't believe in hard work.

[youtube]tMyk7MXsseg[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

[youtube]tMyk7MXsseg[/youtube]
:roflmao: I remember this. Hilarious!!
Pete Nice Wrote:Brampton, can you please tell me who the fuck Travis Snyder is and why the fuck the Pirates just traded our best reliever for him?
cause the Jays need bullpen depth

You may not know who he is but, @lunchboxhero45 will be a fan fave. He's a good young outfielder who I believe will flourish in the NL
Joe Wrote:Good morning.

I'm thinking there has to be more to life than an average job, making average money and doing average things. I want more.

Don't we all?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Good morning.

I'm thinking there has to be more to life than an average job, making average money and doing average things. I want more.

Don't we all?
Yes. I do believe that is true! Hopefully, we all can find more and get it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Tuesday, August 30, 2016 ~ Clowns are scary Beckster 12 1,072 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 ~ Bat Chronicles Beckster 6 734 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
  Tuesday, August 9, 2016 ~ Yo Beckster 8 1,091 08-10-2016, 09:51 AM
  Tuesday 08/02/16: Winter is coming Chip 24 2,481 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Thursday, July 28, 2016 ~ Beckster 9 918 07-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Chip