Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Offseason
Season is too long anyway. They should go straight to eliminations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Oh snap.

http://deadspin.com/5951872/inside-a-sec...propaganda
Fuck you NHL and NHLPA.
Chip Wrote:Fuck you NHL and NHLPA.

:high5:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
[youtube]Z_lWP6G1ykM[/youtube]
Gotta love a goalie fight.
They're usually pretty horrible fighters wearing so many pads they can barely throw a punch, but damn they're fun to watch.
Is that really Tosh that Darren McCarty is hanging out with?

[Image: A6KHl2WCUAEk69e.jpg]
:roll:

From Daly:

"The National Hockey League deeply regrets having to take this action. By presenting a proposal to the NHLPA that contemplated a fair division of revenues and was responsive to Player concerns regarding the value of their contracts, we had hoped to be able to forge a long-term Collective Bargaining Agreement that would have preserved an 82-game Regular Season for our fans. Unfortunately, that did not occur.

We acknowledge and accept that there is joint responsibility in collective bargaining and, though we are profoundly disappointed that a new agreement has not been attained to this point, we remain committed to achieving an agreement that is fair for the Players and the Clubs -- one that will be good for the game and our fans."

From Fehr:

“The league officially informed us today that they have withdrawn their latest proposal and have cancelled another slate of regular season games. This is deeply disappointing for all hockey fans and everyone who makes their living from hockey, including the players. But it comes as no surprise.

Last week the owners gave us what amounts to a ‘take-it-or-leave-it’ proposal. We responded with the framework for three proposals on the players’ share, each of which moved significantly towards their stated desire for a 50-50 split of HRR, with the only condition being that they honor contracts they have already signed. Honoring contracts signed between owners and players is a reasonable request. Unfortunately, after considering them for only 10 minutes they rejected all of our proposals.

Since then, we have repeatedly advised the owners that the players are prepared to sit down and negotiate on any day, with no pre-conditions. The owners refused. They apparently are only interested in meeting if we first agree to everything in their last offer, except for perhaps a few minor tweaks and discussion of their ‘make whole’ provision.

The message from the owners seems to be: if you don't give us exactly what we want, there is no point in talking. They have shown they are very good at delivering deadlines and demands, but we need a willing partner to negotiate. We hope they return to the table in order to get the players back on the ice soon.”
[Image: Saginaw_Spirit63.png]

Your hockey substitute...

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/standings/show
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:[Image: Saginaw_Spirit63.png]

Me and a friend are talking about using this chance to hit a bunch of minor league games.
Some or all of, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Toledo, Saginaw, Sarnia, Windsor and London.
Chip Wrote:

Me and a friend are talking about using this chance to hit a bunch of minor league games.
Some or all of, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Toledo, Saginaw, Sarnia, Windsor and London.
If you go to a game in London, let me know

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

If you go to a game in London, let me know

I will.
I used to go to the Flyer pre-season games there every year, then they started playing them during the week, and against teams like Detroit and Toronto making tickets harder to get. And I wasn't going to take time off work for that.
[youtube]l3MyE_4r844[/youtube]

:roflmao:
Want to know what owners to hate for this?

The commish has three groups of owners: the ones who want to play; the ones in the middle, including Tampa and Nashville, who want a better collective bargaining agreement but recognize not playing is worse; and the hardliners. It would be a mistake to underestimate the last group. There are several who would rather cancel the season than accept a bad deal because they are hemorrhaging money and need immediate satisfaction.

While the players believe Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs is calling the shots, an educated guess at the final group includes but may not be limited to Anaheim, Columbus, Florida, the Islanders, Phoenix, St. Louis, Washington and Dallas -- enough to block any agreement from getting done (It's tough to lock it down because owners are forbidden to discuss this stuff. Attempts to talk to a couple were politely shot down).

He actually left a couple teams off because he couldn't confirm them.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/...rains.html
Chip Wrote:Want to know what owners to hate for this?

The commish has three groups of owners: the ones who want to play; the ones in the middle, including Tampa and Nashville, who want a better collective bargaining agreement but recognize not playing is worse; and the hardliners. It would be a mistake to underestimate the last group. There are several who would rather cancel the season than accept a bad deal because they are hemorrhaging money and need immediate satisfaction.

While the players believe Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs is calling the shots, an educated guess at the final group includes but may not be limited to Anaheim, Columbus, Florida, the Islanders, Phoenix, St. Louis, Washington and Dallas -- enough to block any agreement from getting done (It's tough to lock it down because owners are forbidden to discuss this stuff. Attempts to talk to a couple were politely shot down).

He actually left a couple teams off because he couldn't confirm them.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/...rains.html
Blame the owners of teams in unsuccessful markets. They operate at a loss everyseason, and lose less by not fielding a team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton