Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 2012 Offseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Might as well start this...

Flyers traded Bob to Columbus for 3 picks.
I'm guess Columbus is planning on getting picks back for Nash.
While both of the trades the Pens made were expected. And Martin is sure to follow ASAP. But I never thought that they were going to do what they are with the money saved. Going after Parise AND Sutter is sick. Apparently, Crosby sat in Parise's suite the entire cup final and has his family and him convinced to come to PGH and I never knew they were best friends either. And apparently Shero was really close with Sutter and his family in Nashville, doesn't hurt that his cousin is the 3rd line center now either.

Crazy.
Pete Nice Wrote:While both of the trades the Pens made were expected. And Martin is sure to follow ASAP. But I never thought that they were going to do what they are with the money saved. Going after Parise AND Sutter is sick. Apparently, Crosby sat in Parise's suite the entire cup final and has his family and him convinced to come to PGH and I never knew they were best friends either. And apparently Shero was really close with Sutter and his family in Nashville, doesn't hurt that his cousin is the 3rd line center now either.

Crazy.

Did Crosby and Parise go to that St. Mary high school together?

There's so many teams going for Parise and Sutter, it'll be pretty hard for one team to get them both.

I wonder what's going on with NJ, they're in money trouble.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:While both of the trades the Pens made were expected. And Martin is sure to follow ASAP. But I never thought that they were going to do what they are with the money saved. Going after Parise AND Sutter is sick. Apparently, Crosby sat in Parise's suite the entire cup final and has his family and him convinced to come to PGH and I never knew they were best friends either. And apparently Shero was really close with Sutter and his family in Nashville, doesn't hurt that his cousin is the 3rd line center now either.

Crazy.

Did Crosby and Parise go to that St. Mary high school together?

There's so many teams going for Parise and Sutter, it'll be pretty hard for one team to get them both.

I wonder what's going on with NJ, they're in money trouble.

Yeah, they did go to that school together, not sure if at the same time though, pretty sure Parise was gone when he got there.

The word is Sutter is the #1, and they will throw cash at him, so if he signs, maybe Parise will pull a Hossa and take less money to give the cup a go with the Pens due to the friendship.
Here is how they fit them both. Martin will be traded, the rest is just their guys. And I overestimated both Parise and Sutter's cap hit.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster.php?id=8269">http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/r ... hp?id=8269</a><!-- m -->
I'll bet Parise will get around 6, and will probably go where he wants, or thinks he'll fit in.
Maybe NJ if they get their money problems fixed.

And I bet Sutter will get more then he will earn.
Playing behind/with Webber has upped his value.
Chip Wrote:I'll bet Parise will get around 6, and will probably go where he wants, or thinks he'll fit in.
Maybe NJ if they get their money problems fixed.

And I bet Sutter will get more then he will earn.
Playing behind/with Webber has upped his value.

IF Parise gets $6, then that is $3 less than I estimated, leaving tons of cash to resign Steve Sullivan and Hal Gill.

I estimated Sutter at $7, which is the most ANY defenceman should earn. If he get offered more than that, then that GM is terrible at his job.

Also, the first year of both guys contracts will be the lowest, I am sure the salary will scale up as each year progresses in order to increase with the cap, making sure it fits.
I don't think Parise will sign with the Devils. After next year, Brodeur is probably gone. Theyh ave nothing at goailie after that. They have several other aging key players.

I see Detroit, Pittsburgh and Minnesota as his only options, and MN only b/c he is from there.
As far as Sutter, the Pens have said he would be paired with Letang. That would basically be the same as Webber.
Looks like Philly probably won't do much more than resign Carle and maybe cheap pieces huh? Probably need to sign a Goalie also. Brent Johnson is available.....
Pete Nice Wrote:Looks like Philly probably won't do much more than resign Carle and maybe cheap pieces huh? Probably need to sign a Goalie also. Brent Johnson is available.....

There are rumors about Bobby Ryan. Or Jagr again.
But, it doesn't make sense to trade a power forward for defensive help you need. Then turn around and trade D for another power forward.
Pronger will go on LTI again, so they'll have his money.
He'll finish up his career on LTI, because if he retires he'll count against the cap.
The Flyers would rather pay him to keep him from retireing.
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't think Parise will sign with the Devils. After next year, Brodeur is probably gone. Theyh ave nothing at goailie after that. They have several other aging key players.

I see Detroit, Pittsburgh and Minnesota as his only options, and MN only b/c he is from there.

They're saying Toronto and Florida are the only real options, but I wouldn't be surprised if NJ went after Loungo

I doubt Parise will go to MN, he wants to win, right?
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't think Parise will sign with the Devils. After next year, Brodeur is probably gone. Theyh ave nothing at goailie after that. They have several other aging key players.

They're saying Toronto and Florida are the only real options, but I wouldn't be surprised if NJ went after Loungo

I doubt Parise will go to MN, he wants to win, right?

NJ can't afford Loungo though. They have to go young, cheap or both.

If the Pens don't get Sutter, they will get Parise. If somehow that falls through, I hope they go after Radulov, who is one of Malkin's best friends, and put him on Malkin's win opposite Neal.
One thing I do love is how Parise told the Rangers to fuck off.
The Devils have to do something, I'm not sure they will survive if they're not competitive.

And, I would love to see Radulov on the Pens.
He's a waste of money and space.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8