Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Offseason
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Flyers offered Shea Weber 14 years $100mill. IF he accepts and signs, Nashville get the FLyers next 4 #1 picks.

My thoughts:

Is it REALLY worth it for Philly? 4 #1's is a ton to give up

Weber could get more per year as a UFA next summer.

If he does sign. Nashville HAS to match, that is a huge, but affordable contract. Weber is better than Suter and Suter would be making more if Weber signs this.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I LOVE this comment on the TSN article

"I laugh at the desparation of the Flyers. They have no idea how to breed a winning culture. The only thing they seem to know how to do is throw big money at every free agent that comes along, and when it doesn't work (because it never does), they trade them out and buy the next round of free agents. They are a joke organization... poorly owned, poorly managed. It's too bad, really because they have a good coach and some good talent. Unfortunately they will never realize the true potential of their team because of their habit of blowing it up in an attempt to buy a champion. They are cursed! "

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
FYI, Weber did sign the contract. Nashville has a week to match.

I don't see how Nashville doesn't match, except for maybe the length. If it was 10 or even 12 years, I think they would match no problem.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
The more I think about it, the more I think that this is more than just the Flyers trying to sign Weber, it also is the Flyers seeing that the Pens and Wings have a shitload of cap room and not wanting him to end up with either of them, or the Rangers. They basically offered so that his options are limited to two, none being a rivals/eastern contender.

Now they are saying the league may void the contract.

Pete Nice Wrote:Flyers offered Shea Weber 14 years $100mill. IF he accepts and signs, Nashville get the FLyers next 4 #1 picks.

My thoughts:

Is it REALLY worth it for Philly? 4 #1's is a ton to give up

Weber could get more per year as a UFA next summer.

If he does sign. Nashville HAS to match, that is a huge, but affordable contract. Weber is better than Suter and Suter would be making more if Weber signs this.

4 #1's is not a lot to give up for him.
They will all be late 1st rounders anway.

Weber knows he won't be able to get this kind of security after the new CBA kicks in.
You have to know there is going to be a cap on the length of contracts.
Pete Nice Wrote:I LOVE this comment on the TSN article

"I laugh at the desparation of the Flyers. They have no idea how to breed a winning culture. The only thing they seem to know how to do is throw big money at every free agent that comes along, and when it doesn't work (because it never does), they trade them out and buy the next round of free agents. They are a joke organization... poorly owned, poorly managed. It's too bad, really because they have a good coach and some good talent. Unfortunately they will never realize the true potential of their team because of their habit of blowing it up in an attempt to buy a champion. They are cursed! "

You only love it because he hates the Flyers.
The guy is a moron.
Poorly owned?
Listen to people who know, players, reporters, they'll all say Snider is one of the best owners.
14 years is dumb. Whichever of these two teams get him, will regret it at some point sooner or later, probably in about 8 to 9 years.

Chip Wrote:

The guy is a moron.
Poorly owned?
Listen to people who know, players, reporters, they'll all say Snider is one of the best owners.

Why? B/c he spends money to bring in the top free agents but never wins a cup?

B/c he is a nice guy?

I have to agree with the guy, in hard salary cap leagues (NFL and NHL), throwing money at top free agents to try and buy championships has never worked. Drafting, developing and smart FA buys (Patriots, Steelers, Red Wings, NY Giants) win championships. Signing top guys to buy a win (Redskins, Flyers, NY Rangers, Eagles) has shown to produce no titles.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

The guy is a moron.
Poorly owned?

B/c he is a nice guy?

I have to agree with the guy, in hard salary cap leagues (NFL and NHL), throwing money at top free agents to try and buy championships has never worked. Drafting, developing and smart FA buys (Patriots, Steelers, Red Wings, NY Giants) win championships. Signing top guys to buy a win (Redskins, Flyers, NY Rangers, Eagles) has shown to produce no titles.

Yeah, because he is a nice guy and isn't afraid to spend money to take care of current, and former, players AND their families.
I don't think the NHL will void it. It only goes until he's 39, and doesn't have the crazy money drop off that Kovalchuk's did after he turned 40.

And the Preds might not have the money to match, they couldn't trade him for the first year of the deal, and would have to pay the bonuses.

:happy:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

The guy is a moron.
Poorly owned?

B/c he is a nice guy?

Yeah, because he is a nice guy and isn't afraid to spend money to take care of current, and former, players AND their families.

Well , we all know nice guys finish last. These guys are paid millions, why does anyone need to take care of their families, they should take care of their own families.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

The guy is a moron.
Poorly owned?

B/c he is a nice guy?

Well , we all know nice guys finish last. These guys are paid millions, why does anyone need to take care of their families, they should take care of their own families.
Tell that to the guy that had his head bashed in for average regular person money 30 years ago, who is a step away from retarded now

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton