Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 5/21/2012 - Like a Good Neighbor......
Pete Nice Wrote:A friend of my wife's had a camping birthday party right on lake Erie this weekend. We went, but had to stay in a hotel b/c my wife is too pregnant to be sleeping outside.

Next time someone invites me camping I'm bringing a pregnant chick so I can stay in a hotel as well. Camping outside is for the homeless.
Brian Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Speaking of dogs. A friend of my wife's had a camping birthday party right on lake Erie this weekend. We went, but had to stay in a hotel b/c my wife is too pregnant to be sleeping outside.

Anyway, two of the couples that went has Siberian Huskies. I love Huskies. Pretty much the only dog I would get other than an Alaskan Malamute. One of them even had the blue eyes. They were really cool to hang out with all weekend.

I kind of want to go get a Huskie puppy now.

You gotta be an experienced dog owner to have one of those, plus you need to keep them active so they don't destroy your house. They are kind wild (in general) and hyper. Keep that in mind and find a good breeder or rescue group first.
Or he could buy a sled.

I almost posted that! :high5:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Brian Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I hurt today and my stomach hurts. One of the owners here, just went home with the flu. Grrreat, he's the third one here to have it. I don't have time to get sick.
Too late, you're down with the sickness...ooh ah ah ah ah.

Well, shit. Confusedad: I don't want to spend my week in the bathroom.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Speaking of dogs. A friend of my wife's had a camping birthday party right on lake Erie this weekend. We went, but had to stay in a hotel b/c my wife is too pregnant to be sleeping outside.

Anyway, two of the couples that went has Siberian Huskies. I love Huskies. Pretty much the only dog I would get other than an Alaskan Malamute. One of them even had the blue eyes. They were really cool to hang out with all weekend.

Those dogs are hyper like Beckster said. MY old roommate had 2 of them and they destroyed the house. I don't know how many times those bastards would sneak out the door or dig holes under the fence and get out, but each time they did it was a good hour of chasing them through the neighborhood before you could catch them. Right after I moved out and moved to PA one got out and ran into traffic. No he's down to 1 Huskie.

[Image: insanity-puppy08.jpg]
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I'm trying to get away from chemicals in the house by trying more of these home remedy ideas. Not totally, but I figure the dogs like to lick the floor and I don't want them sick from floor cleaner, so I now use vinegar.

Hippie!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

You gotta be an experienced dog owner to have one of those, plus you need to keep them active so they don't destroy your house. They are kind wild (in general) and hyper. Keep that in mind and find a good breeder or rescue group first.

We had an Alaskan Malamute growing up. They are not as bad as people think, they just like to roam. Same with Huskies. You can never let them off the leash, or they will wander away. You also need to take them for runs. My parent would drive down a dirt road and let him run with the car a few times a week.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Brian Wrote:

Or he could buy a sled.

In the winter, my parents had a harness they would put on him and they would attach a sled on the back and he would drag me all over the place in the snow. It was great.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:A friend of my wife's had a camping birthday party right on lake Erie this weekend. We went, but had to stay in a hotel b/c my wife is too pregnant to be sleeping outside.

Next time someone invites me camping I'm bringing a pregnant chick so I can stay in a hotel as well. Camping outside is for the homeless.

I would rather stay in a hotel than a tent any day. IT was great, we had all the fun of camping, but went to the hotel at 1AM and slept in a nice big warm king bed and took a shower in the morning. It was just 10 minutes down the road. And I used hotel points and didn't pay also. It is the way to go.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I would rather stay in a hotel than a tent any day. IT was great, we had all the fun of camping, but went to the hotel at 1AM and slept in a nice big warm king bed and took a shower in the morning. It was just 10 minutes down the road. And I used hotel points and didn't pay also. It is the way to go.

I am all about building a nice fire, busting out marshmallows and drinking some beer, but when it's bed time that means my ass is sleeping in an actual bed.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I am all about building a nice fire, busting out marshmallows and drinking some beer, but when it's bed time that means my ass is sleeping in an actual bed.

WORD :high5:

Now I wanna go home and build a fire in my back yard and drink some beer.
I despise the fan they have been describing now.

Rich said "just don't go to Philly and Boston". I have found that the New York City sports fan in general is by far the worst as far as being a dick fan. Philly fans are bad, so are Boston. Without going into individual team fans, those are probably thew worst three cities as far ass asshole fans saying dumb rude shit.

Why can't you just cheer for your team and participate in good clean chants. There is no need to get vulgar, ignorant or rude.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Next time someone invites me camping I'm bringing a pregnant chick so I can stay in a hotel as well. Camping outside is for the homeless.

I haven't camped since I was a kid, I'd like to try it again, only I might need an air mattress to sleep on.
I HATE PIE!!
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Next time someone invites me camping I'm bringing a pregnant chick so I can stay in a hotel as well. Camping outside is for the homeless.

I haven't camped since I was a kid, I'd like to try it again, only I might need an air mattress to sleep on.

Everyone uses air mattresses, no one sleeps on the ground. Your not hiking in, so you can take what you need. Everyone has air mattresses, comforters, pillows, all that shit.

So did anyone watch SNL this week?

It was actually pretty damn good just off the music alone. Mick Jagger was the host and he sang it's Just Rock and Roll with the Foo Fighters and then snag a blues song he made up with Beck playing blues guitar. IT was pretty freaking awesome. Then it was Kristin Whig's last show, she is leaving the cast, and they gave a cool little send off at the end.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM