Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday - April 23, 2012
So I get rolling. All kinds of nervous at first, but little by little shit just started feeling like a normal car to me. I'm rocking out with some music. Eating a burrito, sipping on a red bull. Enjoying the night, looking at stars. I'm giving big ups, shout outs, and 10-4s to other truckers on the CB radio telling me the smoky bears are jumping around up yonder. Ol rattlesnake on the CB was my running partner for a stretch, then we went seperate ways.
LeNeve Wrote:So I get rolling. All kinds of nervous at first, but little by little shit just started feeling like a normal car to me. I'm rocking out with some music. Eating a burrito, sipping on a red bull. Enjoying the night, looking at stars. I'm giving big ups, shout outs, and 10-4s to other truckers on the CB radio telling me the smoky bears are jumping around up yonder. Ol rattlesnake on the CB was my running partner for a stretch, then we went seperate ways.
:roflmao: :roflmao:
while we were driving through the city we were listening to guys parked in the truck stops talking on the CB radio. There are some weird mother fuckers. And the CB distortion makes it sound extra creepy. One guy started quoting that vampire movie, dusk till dawn? where Cheech says they have all kinds of pussy, hairy pussy, smelly pussy etc...

Imagine the sound of that coming from a CB radio. fucking freaky.
So now I'm on a 2 lane black top cutting up north west through Oklahoma. Not a soul to be seen. I'm still having a blast. There are little bitty towns about every 20-30 miles, speed limits 40, so I tap my little trailer brake do a couple downshifts and roll through the towns. Then speed back up very slowly to 65. I didn't know I was supposed to use the gear splitter thing, so I was just using the top 3 gears this entire time so far.
your not going slow enough to use the gear splitter
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Finally another truck catches up to me, then starts talking shit about me slowing down in all those little towns. He's telling me to just fly through there, its 3AM nobodies around. He's like an evil trucker I guess, trying to bring me down. My friend said no matter what slow down to 40 in every single little town, until you see the 65 sign again. So thats what I do. I don't have a CDL and shit. He'd probaly get in trouble for letting me drive too.
LeNeve Wrote:Finally another truck catches up to me, then starts talking shit about me slowing down in all those little towns. He's telling me to just fly through there, its 3AM nobodies around. He's like an evil trucker I guess, trying to bring me down. My friend said no matter what slow down to 40 in every single little town, until you see the 65 sign again. So thats what I do. I don't have a CDL and shit. He'd probaly get in trouble for letting me drive too.
shit talking truckers
The evil trucker stays posted up behind me for 100 miles. occasionally saying weird shit, or trying to make me go faster. Just being kind of annoying. We get to hwy 83 and I need to turn north, hard right turn, no stop lights, just a 90 degree curve at an intersection.

The evil trucker is right on my ass. I'm trying to brake, downshift, put blinkers, check traffic, and shit was just too much for me. I rolled into that turn about 40-50 MPH, and whipped around that corner. Too late to do anything but steer it through at that point. The rig made all kind of weird scary noises, flexing over, almost to where it felt like it was going to flip. My friend awoke with a terrifying scream. That finally woke him up after 4 hours.
LeNeve Wrote:The evil trucker stays posted up behind me for 100 miles. occasionally saying weird shit, or trying to make me go faster. Just being kind of annoying. We get to hwy 83 and I need to turn north, hard right turn, no stop lights, just a 90 degree curve at an intersection.

The evil trucker is right on my ass. I'm trying to brake, downshift, put blinkers, check traffic, and shit was just too much for me. I rolled into that turn about 40-50 MPH, and whipped around that corner. Too late to do anything but steer it through at that point. The rig made all kind of weird scary noises, flexing over, almost to where it felt like it was going to flip. My friend awoke with a terrifying scream. That finally woke him up after 4 hours.
[Image: selfpublishingillustration.jpg]
My friend sits in the passenger seat, and says he woke up when I started braking hard, then looked out the sleeper window when we went into the turn, and saw the ground coming up. He braced himself for a rollover.

Says its good I didn't freak out, and just kind of went with the mistake the best I could. Also said if we had a loaded tanker, really bad shit would have happened.
LeNeve Wrote:The evil trucker stays posted up behind me for 100 miles. occasionally saying weird shit, or trying to make me go faster. Just being kind of annoying. We get to hwy 83 and I need to turn north, hard right turn, no stop lights, just a 90 degree curve at an intersection.

leneve's trucker days are almost over at this point
[smiley]i love this story[/smiley]
He asks if I want to switch back.

Hell no! I'm still having a great time. I'm taking this bitch all the way to the home town. WE pull into Liberal Ks, and get to 5 points intersection, lots of trucker traffic here, its about 6am or so. I have to fully stop for the first time since I started driving. I'm first in line at the stop. Light turns green, I try to go, and I kill it. Boom CB goes nuts with these homos talking shit. Had to turn it off. I still didn't know about splitting gears, or hi and low at that point. I guess I was trying to take off in 5th gear high probaly.

Friend gave me a hurry the fuck up you are blocking traffic quick start guide. Basically he told me to put in the cluthc, then he set everything right. Then said go. Took off fine, then he taught me the split sequence while we were rolling through town.
LeNeve Wrote:He asks if I want to switch back.

Hell no! I'm still having a great time. I'm taking this bitch all the way to the home town. WE pull into Liberal Ks, and get to 5 points intersection, lots of trucker traffic here, its about 6am or so. I have to fully stop for the first time since I started driving. I'm first in line at the stop. Light turns green, I try to go, and I kill it. Boom CB goes nuts with these homos talking shit. Had to turn it off. I still didn't know about splitting gears, or hi and low at that point. I guess I was trying to take off in 5th gear high probaly.

Friend gave me a hurry the fuck up you are blocking traffic quick start guide. Basically he told me to put in the cluthc, then he set everything right. Then said go. Took off fine, then he taught me the split sequence while we were rolling through town.
rookie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM