Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday - April 23, 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I hate Monday. Too many TPS reports.
DaveP Wrote:I hate Monday. Too many TPS reports.
don't forget the cover letter......You got the memo right?
I went over to my friends house Saturday around 5pm to see what he was up too. Well he was working on his truck getting ready to take a tanker of milk to Oklahoma City. He asked if I wanted to go. I said sure why not. I've never been to Oklahoma City, and wanted to see that new thingy they built on the I40 through the city. Just thought it would be a cool experience.

you know what sucks worse than TPS reports. driving for 7 hours without shit to do, or shit to look at. Even the shit on the dash is pointed at the driver, and you can't look at that stuff. and about 5 hours of the trip didn't have any cell service. Just stare down a 2 lane black top running between some trees. Then you start imagining deers and shit everywhere. Oh, and milk tankers don't have baffles in them, so the milk continously sloshes around yanking the truck back, then pushing it forward. that shit gets annoying.
LeNeve Wrote:I went over to my friends house Saturday around 5pm to see what he was up too. Well he was working on his truck getting ready to take a tanker of milk to Oklahoma City. He asked if I wanted to go. I said sure why not. I've never been to Oklahoma City, and wanted to see that new thingy they built on the I40 through the city. Just thought it would be a cool experience.

you know what sucks worse than TPS reports. driving for 7 hours without shit to do, or shit to look at. Even the shit on the dash is pointed at the driver, and you can't look at that stuff. and about 5 hours of the trip didn't have any cell service. Just stare down a 2 lane black top running between some trees. Then you start imagining deers and shit everywhere. Oh, and milk tankers don't have baffles in them, so the milk continously sloshes around yanking the truck back, then pushing it forward. that shit gets annoying.
i give leneve 6 months before he's a trucker
Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I went over to my friends house Saturday around 5pm to see what he was up too. Well he was working on his truck getting ready to take a tanker of milk to Oklahoma City. He asked if I wanted to go. I said sure why not. I've never been to Oklahoma City, and wanted to see that new thingy they built on the I40 through the city. Just thought it would be a cool experience.

I see your 6 and raise you 5 months
Really the only cool part was when we finally hit the interstate into OKC and hauled ass packed in with other cars and trucks and motorcycles. That was nuts. It was about midnight too. I didn't realize OKC was so big either. It has like 100 semi dealerships right there going into the west side of town. We went under this thing. It's a pedestrian bridge.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuOlKQDwVLVpHbFWulqTO...DutJyCerx9]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgOH2fDqzG6BFogqXxg4p...LQnZmFiCkx]
Derick Wrote:

I'm getting to that.
LeNeve Wrote:It's a pedestrian bridge.
You spelled waste of money wrong.
Brian Wrote:
:roflmao:
so off the interstate, down a little road, turn by a mcdonalds, then turn again by the crack heads by the stoplights, then go a little ways, and there is sunny meadows dairy process plant. The security guard was a dick, and thought I was a terrorist or something because I didn't have ID. Finally get in the plant, then it gets boring again. sample taking, unhook loaded trailer, hook up empty tanker, then check all the shit out with the security guard. I had to piss really bad at this point also, I snuck off and pissed behind another trailer. probaly illegal.
Brian Wrote:

yeah. but you have to do weird shit like that to get any attention in oklahoma.
also this little journey was pre approved with my wife, but she flipped out when were halfway there. Why? because she's crazy. She called my Mom and Dad in the middle of the night and told them I was partying and going to strip clubs all night with my friend in oklahoma.
LeNeve Wrote:also this little journey was pre approved with my wife, but she flipped out when were halfway there. Why? because she's crazy. She called my Mom and Dad in the middle of the night and told them I was partying and going to strip clubs all night with my friend in oklahoma.
it sounds better in Mexican
We get back on the interstate west bound with the empty trailer, and my friend sets the cruise at 65, then jumps to the sleeper, and tells me to drive. says thats the clutch, thats the brake, thats the gas, that lever on the steering wheel is trailer brakes, just try to use those only, since the trailer isn't mine. ITs an 18 speed but you will only need the top gears since we are empty. Then he says if something starts going wrong, wake him up. Then he closed his curtains and went to bed, and left me alone driving a semi in Oklahoma at 2 AM.

okay then, simple enough. for awhile anyway.
LeNeve Wrote:We get back on the interstate west bound with the empty trailer, and my friend sets the cruise at 65, then jumps to the sleeper, and tells me to drive. says thats the clutch, thats the brake, thats the gas, that lever on the steering wheel is trailer brakes, just try to use those only, since the trailer isn't mine. ITs an 18 speed but you will only need the top gears since we are empty. Then he says if something starts going wrong, wake him up. Then he closed his curtains and went to bed, and left me alone driving a semi in Oklahoma at 2 AM.

okay then, simple enough. for awhile anyway.
you may live one of the most "interesting" lives I've ever heard of
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6