Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
02/22/2012 - Ass Wednesday
Brian Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I hated fish stick fridays at school. Confusedad:
:whomo: They were awful... and served with almost warm instant mashed potatoes.
I can't remember a good school lunch, maybe pizza.

I always loved the breakfast for lunch day.
Those crappy french toast sticks were awesome.
yes bottom picture.
Brian Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

The canteen sold a mean taco supreme... it was THE best
breakfast for lunch was awesome. Chili and cinnamon roll day was dope. tacos. Those are the only ones I remember liking.
Brampton Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:What is ash wednesday anyway? Catholic Jesus stuff?
It's not just a Catholic thing, it's more of a Christian thing. Although the Catholics like going to church today and walk around the rest of the day with ashes on their forehead to show how religious/faithful they are... :roll:
Well, I'm a Christian, and we don't celebrate it. Same as lent, we don't do that either

sent from the legion of doom

Actually, I wonder which religions practiced Ash Wednesday and Palm Sunday and that. I know that Lent is intended to be the most religious time of the year for Catholics, but I always wondered about other faiths. Like today until Easter Sunday, I have made certain commitments that I will abstain from until after Easter and I can't east meat on Fridays until then.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:Those crappy french toast sticks were awesome.
Oh yeah, we had those :high5:
In junior high they had taco bell KFC and pizza hut kind of built into the cafeteria. That was pretty dope. Wonder if schools still do that.

I don't think I ever ate a school supplied lunch in high school. Always had open lunch, so you could go home or wherever to eat.
were all these lunches supplied by the schools, or were they just "theme" days in your schools cafeteria?
LeNeve Wrote:I don't think I ever ate a school supplied lunch in high school. Always had open lunch, so you could go home or wherever to eat.
That's what we did.
Brampton Wrote:were all these lunches supplied by the schools, or were they just "theme" days in your schools cafeteria?
Supplied by the school.
Brampton Wrote:were all these lunches supplied by the schools, or were they just "theme" days in your schools cafeteria?

Yeah, I remember having a calendar at home, with the schedule.
A few days of the week were always the same each week, and I think Friday was always something different and special
Chip Wrote:

Yeah, I remember having a calendar at home, with the schedule.
A few days of the week were always the same each week, and I think Friday was always something different and special

I have a school lunch calendar on my refridgerator.
Brian Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
we had steak wedges with onions & american cheese, sofa king good
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
LeNeve Wrote:breakfast for lunch was awesome. Chili and cinnamon roll day was dope. tacos. Those are the only ones I remember liking.
I've never been a breakfast fan so I never liked those days.
JDubb Wrote:I am christian too. They just recently started doing the ash thing, I don't think it is ATR. We do mark lent but don't do any of that giving stuff up or stop eating meat on Friday. I don't get that. I eat double meat on Friday during lent. :wink:

All I ever really understood about why we give up something is it's supposed to resemble a fast, like how Jesus went into the desert and fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. I use it as a way to get back in touch with my faith and to challenge myself. But you're not supposed to run around and proclaim what you've given up or advertise the whole no meat thing.

Jim doesn't get it either and I tell him that's it's just a personal choice I've made and to deal with it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM