Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great books?
Hondo Wrote:Oh...can't believe I left these out...anything by Michael Crichton. He's best known for the Jurassic Park stuff but every last one of his books will keep you entertained.

Great call on Michael Crichton. I read Prey a few years back and thought that was awesome.
Mark haskell smith, a book called baked. One of the bests books I have read, got it done in two sittings.
Neal Gaiman's american gods is also another really amazing book. Oh and please tell me that more ppl have read all the Harry Potter books besides me and spot?!
Horsekack Wrote:Mark haskell smith, a book called baked. One of the bests books I have read, got it done in two sittings.
Neal Gaiman's american gods is also another really amazing book. Oh and please tell me that more ppl have read all the Harry Potter books besides me and spot?!
Harry potter books were probably the last books I read. I'm pretty sure T has read them as well
My mom has read the Harry Potter books. I haven't, sorry.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
The Harry Potter was kinda me being a smart ass and forgot that it doesn't transfer to forum very wellSmile
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:My mom has read the Harry Potter books. I haven't, sorry.
Gotta be a GF guarantee that Spot has.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Joe Wrote:
Hondo Wrote:Oh...can't believe I left these out...anything by Michael Crichton. He's best known for the Jurassic Park stuff but every last one of his books will keep you entertained.

Great call on Michael Crichton. I read Prey a few years back and thought that was awesome.

Crichton- Andromeda Strain, Sphere, Rising Sun (might be a bit dated now) are solid.

If you like books like J. Park/sphere you should check out Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child books. They both have solo novels that are "realistic sci-fi," Preston's Impact & Child's Deep Storm.

People like Grisham, but some of his books can be slow.

Jack Higgins & R. Ludlum are Clancy type writers.
I think you and I have different book preferences... The last little while I've been reading books that have been made into movies. In the last year or so I've read and watched: The Time Traveller's Wife, Water For Elephants, MASH, The Green Mile, The Twilight Saga, The Harry Potter series... those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Last summer I bought a book called "To The Grave" and it's a non fiction story about a girl from Brandon, MB who told her mom she was going out for coffee and never came home. Her boyfriend killed her then buried her on top of a recently buried person and it goes through the RCMP's police sting to get her boyfriend to admit he killed her. Jim grew up with the girl. he went to school with her and she lived down the street so it was interesting for me.
Douglas Preston is excellent. I just finished Impact and read Tyrannosaur Canyon last year. I've read almost everything Higgins has written but he's using the same damn formula over and over (which Cussler does as well). If you're into non-fiction/history I can throw some good choices at you from that line.

Also: Louis L'Amour...specifically Last of the Breed and The Haunted Mesa.
Hondo Wrote:Also: Louis L'Amour...specifically Last of the Breed and The Haunted Mesa.

I was going to say Louis L'Amour. Jim's parents have a whole box full of them in the basement.
the keifer Wrote:
beckster Wrote:My mom has read the Harry Potter books. I haven't, sorry.
Gotta be a GF guarantee that Spot has.

Spot has not only read them, but has them memorized.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Horsekack Wrote:The Harry Potter was kinda me being a smart ass and forgot that it doesn't transfer to forum very wellSmile

Ha ha.. I caught it, that's why I said my mom read them. :wink: When in doubt use this --> Confusedarcasm:
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Horsekack Wrote:The Harry Potter was kinda me being a smart ass and forgot that it doesn't transfer to forum very wellSmile

Ha ha.. I caught it, that's why I said my mom read them. :wink: When in doubt use this --> Confusedarcasm:
or this :poke:
I am still reading the last most recent book in the Jack Ryan Series by Tom Clancy- Dead or Alive

I have enjoyed the entire series
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
depends on what you are looking for

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell is a great military history/autobiography

I've been reading revolutionary war/founding fathers bios like crazy lately and been finding some darn good ones out there....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Books negadave 6 2,454 10-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Great read for all you nussies Derick 2 1,564 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Beckster