Thursday, Sept 1, 2011....Summers gone
beckster Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:in Alberta the Distracted Driving Law in Effect
Now in Effect

Highlights:
•Restricts drivers from:
◦using hand-held cell phones
◦texting or e-mailing
◦using electronic devices like laptop computers, video games, cameras, video entertainment displays and programming portable audio players (e.g., MP3 players)
◦entering information on GPS units
◦reading printed materials in the vehicle
◦writing, printing or sketching, and
◦personal grooming
•Complements the current driving without due care and attention legislation
•Applies to all vehicles as defined by the Traffic Safety Act, including bicycles
•Applies to all roads in both urban and rural areas of the province
•The fine for this new offence is $172

Pete would have to remortgage his house to pay for all his infractions :poke:

A little excessive much? At least Eating a Frosty isn't on that list! yummy...

I was going to ask if driving with my knees would still be ok? I am a pro at that.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:You guys have to also realize where I'm at. Traffic on the highways is pretty thin, really thin. Like I might see one car every few miles, during peak times. The roads are all straight too. so it's very easy. I get into any kind of traffic, I use one hand at least.

You have seen pics of me driving around before right? Thats how it always is.

:roll: Kansas.......
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I still drive with my knees all the time. I remember watching my Dad do it, and thought it was the coolest thing anyone could do. Now my kids think I'm all bad ass driving with my knees too. The only thing I can't do with my knees is hard turns. even then I can get the wheel where I want it, then hold with my knee, then let go, and it goes back to center.
With your kids in the car?!?!?!?!?!

yeah??? they have seat belts. When my dad was doing it, we were just running around loose all over the car.

Shit I remember my Dad having a 280z, and doing 100mph all casual down I -70, listening to the B 52s, and he was chilling steering with his knee.

We were loose, too. My sisters and i used to try to "surf" at the back of the van. We'd see who could stay standing over bumpy roads the longest. Good times.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:See now I'm confused by this knee driving thing. I assumed it was something everyone did, except girls, you know.

I get bored driving. I windexed my front, and side windows, and armoralled the dash once while commuting.

:finger:
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I still drive with my knees all the time. I remember watching my Dad do it, and thought it was the coolest thing anyone could do. Now my kids think I'm all bad ass driving with my knees too. The only thing I can't do with my knees is hard turns. even then I can get the wheel where I want it, then hold with my knee, then let go, and it goes back to center.
With your kids in the car?!?!?!?!?!

yeah??? they have seat belts. When my dad was doing it, we were just running around loose all over the car.

Shit I remember my Dad having a 280z, and doing 100mph all casual down I -70, listening to the B 52s, and he was chilling steering with his knee.

We were loose, too. My sisters and i used to try to "surf" at the back of the van. We'd see who could stay standing over bumpy roads the longest. Good times.
We weren't loose in the car, but during the summer, we'd go the the creek which is like 2 miles from the house. My brother and I would just jump in the bed of the truck. Never a cop in sight on those back roads.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  Sept 5, 2018 ~ Hello Beckster 6 951 09-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Joe
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip