Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Playoffs.
Well, I am not going to lie, I hope Philly never gets a top notch keeper, b/c once they do, they will finally be a threat to win a cup. I like them making the playoffs, yet not having a chance to get a cup every year. If the Flyers ever actually won a cup, I would probably break a bunch of shit, get in a few fights and then hibernate until August.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I was just looking a week or so ago, so I was pretty close.

Pronger 4.9 until 2017
Richards 5.75 until 2020
Carter 5.27 until 2022
Giroux 3.75 until 2014
Briere 6.5 until 2015
Hartnell 4.2 until 2013

Schneider has one more year on his entry level deal at .9 a year.
The question there is how much faith do they put in Bobrovski getting better, and turning into a starter?
Pete Nice Wrote:Well, I am not going to lie, I hope Philly never gets a top notch keeper, b/c once they do, they will finally be a threat to win a cup. I like them making the playoffs, yet not having a chance to get a cup every year. If the Flyers ever actually won a cup, I would probably break a bunch of shit, get in a few fights and then hibernate until August.

:pray:
Chip Wrote:I was just looking a week or so ago, so I was pretty close.

Pronger 4.9 until 2017
Richards 5.75 until 2020
Carter 5.27 until 2022
Giroux 3.75 until 2014
Briere 6.5 until 2015
Hartnell 4.2 until 2013

The question there is how much faith do they put in Bobrovski getting better, and turning into a starter?

Can someone explain something to me??? Schneider has been playing with the Manitoba Moose all season long and then when the Canuks hit the playoffs they call him up. He played on an entirely different league all season and then when Vancouver needs "help" in the playoffs they call him up to win??? How is that a deal??? I don't think that is much of deal... the team he played with all season is still in the playoffs back home and he is basically sitting on the bench.
Nussie_T Wrote:

Pronger 4.9 until 2017
Richards 5.75 until 2020
Carter 5.27 until 2022
Giroux 3.75 until 2014
Briere 6.5 until 2015
Hartnell 4.2 until 2013

Can someone explain something to me??? Schneider has been playing with the Manitoba Moose all season long and then when the Canuks hit the playoffs they call him up. He played on an entirely different league all season and then when Vancouver needs "help" in the playoffs they call him up to win??? How is that a deal??? I don't think that is much of deal... the team he played with all season is still in the playoffs back home and he is basically sitting on the bench.

Are you sure about that?
I thought he was with Vancouver all year.
But, teams are allowed to call up players from their minor league teams and put them on their playoff roster incase of injuries.
Once the playoffs start, you only have that list of players you can use.
Just because we need a little more Slap Shot around here.

[youtube]zmzZR8_6xr8[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:Just because we need a little more Slap Shot around here.

Classic :high5:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

Pronger 4.9 until 2017
Richards 5.75 until 2020
Carter 5.27 until 2022
Giroux 3.75 until 2014
Briere 6.5 until 2015
Hartnell 4.2 until 2013

Are you sure about that?
I thought he was with Vancouver all year.
He was with Vancouver the whole year. Eddie Lack plays for the Moose.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
I keep wanting to say stuff about the Wings, but I can't bring myself to talk about it... Too depressing.. Confusedad:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
i bleed green Wrote:He was with Vancouver the whole year. Eddie Lack plays for the Moose.

I am on crack then. I haven't gone to a Moose game this season. I've been too busy, I was suppose to go to the playoff game on Tuesday but got doing stuff and by the time I finished what I was doing it was too late. I heard Cory Schneider on terrestrial radio about a month ago... maybe that's why.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I keep wanting to say stuff about the Wings, but I can't bring myself to talk about it... Too depressing.. Confusedad:

At least they didn't get swept and are not down 3-0

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I keep wanting to say stuff about the Wings, but I can't bring myself to talk about it... Too depressing.. Confusedad:

Still.. to swept the first round so well, I thought they'd at least be closer on the games instead of playing like complete shit. I am trying to stick to not watch and catching the wrap up afterwards (every Red Wing play off game i have ever watched resulted in a loss).. it looks like that isn't going to matter much.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I keep wanting to say stuff about the Wings, but I can't bring myself to talk about it... Too depressing.. Confusedad:

Still.. to swept the first round so well, I thought they'd at least be closer on the games instead of playing like complete shit. I am trying to stick to not watch and catching the wrap up afterwards (every Red Wing play off game i have ever watched resulted in a loss).. it looks like that isn't going to matter much.

San Jose is a pretty damn good team.

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Just because we need a little more Slap Shot around here.

Classic :high5:

I just heard a story about the real guy that the McGrath character was based on.
He was the cheap manager guy.

By the end of each season when the team had spent close to it's equipment budget for the year, when ever a fight broke out, they would turn it into a bench clearing brawl.
And while all the players were on the ice, and everyone was paying attention to them, the equipment guy would go steal sticks from the other teams bench.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Chip