Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Playoffs.
Pete Nice Wrote:I am done with this thread.

:rock:
Anyone remember the last Philly/Boston playoff meeting?
I'm sure this kid does! :happy:

[Image: 28420_10150195809395484_539355483_125676...5205_n.jpg]
Everything I've seen and heard of this guy, he's a dickhead.
This, a week after his salute of Canadien fans.
How many games? 2?

[youtube]ffiQUe1tfqM[/youtube]
She's right. Boston sucks.

[youtube]gdwqXQr-UFM[/youtube]
Ok, one more.
[Image: claude-julien.gif]
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:This is true. If you had the choice, would you want him on or off your team?

As he is now? Off.
If someone could get through to him and straighten him out? I'd take him. But I'm about at the point where I don't think that will happen.
He's just one of those players.

Downie really seemed to calm down and start putting up decent numbers once he got to Tampa, and people say that was all because of Tocchet.
Now that Tocchet is gone, he seems to be relapsing.

Cherry talked about him last night.
This is the stupid shit he does that I hate.
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/1221284...1900282617
Probably the worst TV guy in the NHL.
WTF is he talking about?

"Dumped the kings tea into the salty sea"
You're supposed to be talking about hockey.

[youtube]m7lgL3jm6H8[/youtube]
Playoffs, where everyone acts like Flyer fans. :roll:

[youtube]5cbROiQit8U[/youtube]
7-3 against a team not really known for offensive stars and firepower. OUCH, that is equally, if not more, embarrassing as 8-2 to a team with one of the best offenses in hockey and 4 or 5 superstar goal scorers
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I LOVE when I have a fitting reason to use this:

[Image: 3405778334_86e0ee4d56.jpg]

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:7-3 against a team not really known for offensive stars and firepower. OUCH, that is equally, if not more, embarrassing as 8-2 to a team with one of the best offenses in hockey and 4 or 5 superstar goal scorers

The craziest part is that Boston STILL hasn't scored a power play goal in the playoffs.
1-0, 10-0, 7-3, it's still just one game. If they shit the bed again tonight, then I'll worry.
Obama is in goal for the Flyers tonight. It'll be all good.
Joe Wrote:Obama is in goal for the Flyers tonight. It'll be all good.

Philly NEEDS to get Schneider out of Vancouver in the off season. I don't really care who it takes.
He's ready to be a starter, and will be the next great goalie.
And Vancouver has another goalie coming up that's ready for the NHL.
If they didn't have Luongo signed until 2022 or something like that, they'd let him go and keep Schneider.
Chip Wrote:

Philly NEEDS to get Schneider out of Vancouver in the off season. I don't really care who it takes.
If they didn't have Luongo signed until 2022 or something like that, they'd let him go and keep Schneider.

That would be a good move for Philly and terrible for the Pens. But I want to be objective here. What kind of contract does Schneider have? Can Philly really afford anyone after throwing all that money at Pronger, Richards, Carter, Giroux and Briere? I mean those guys alone have to eat up well over half the cap.

I have to think there is no way the Flyers could fit Voukon under the cap. I know I spelled his name wrong BTW.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

That would be a good move for Philly and terrible for the Pens. But I want to be objective here. What kind of contract does Schneider have? Can Philly really afford anyone after throwing all that money at Pronger, Richards, Carter, Giroux and Briere? I mean those guys alone have to eat up well over half the cap.

I have to think there is no way the Flyers could fit Voukon under the cap. I know I spelled his name wrong BTW.

I'm just going by memory here, so I don't know for sure, except of Carter, I know his for sure.
Pronger's cap hit is 5mil a year.
Richards is 5.75
Carter 5.27
Giroux is 3.25 for 2 more years
Briere is 6.7

If they can dump Hartnell and his 4.2 mil, that's a good goalie right there. More then worth it.
And I think Schneider is still on his entry level deal, but I have no idea how long that has.

Philly fucked up when they got Versteeg, he has one more year left at over 3 mil, that is Leino's money right there. They might lose him because of that trade.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Chip