Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm dropping Blackberry
I am going to the Verizon store Sunday and getting rid of this Blackberry bold I got Thursday. Here is why:

I like the Blackberry platform and functionality. I like the concept of the Storm, which seems to be perfected into the Torch. I do not like the Storm, it is full of bugs. Verizon does not have the torch, a HUGE fuckup on Verizon's part. I do not like the Bold, the keyboard is WAAAAAAAY to fucking small and too hard to use. There is no cap lock and it takes hitting two buttons to lock numbers. The keyboard is a fucking joke. I hate it. Also I do not like the small screen size, I like the Storms's screen size. Besides that, great phone. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish that Verizon had the Torch, as I would have that now.

My wife go the HTC Thunderbolt on Thursday. It is fucking amazing. I am getting one.

I will no longer be on BBM or in the BBM groups. I will be using Cnectd more.

Hopefully BBM goes cross platform sooner than later.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
For the record though, the Blackberry Bold is still WAAAAAY better than the Iphone. If there was no android platform, I would keep the Bold before getting an iphone without a second thought.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:For the record though, the Blackberry Bold is still WAAAAAY better than the Iphone. If there was no android platform, I would keep the Bold before getting an iphone without a second thought.
Really? I certainly do agree that the iphone has nothing special that android or other touchscreen phones don't have, but overall I more or less like it. I never liked the Blackberries with the rollerball or even the little touchpad. I prefer just being able to directly select what I want on the the screen instead of moving the cursor around, but maybe it's something that needs to be gotten used to. One thing that pisses me off is the email app that iphone has does not give the option of marking emails as spam. If I was using it as a business phone, that would be a deal-breaker right there
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
I've got an android x coming. Should have it by Wednsday. I was going to get the thunderbolt, but I didn't want to drop 200 bucks. The x was free with a new contract. We will see how it goes I guess.

I actually still use my storm2 daily. It's a pretty good video player, and camera. I use the alarm clock too. I also have some weather apps thatI use.
Just got my Motorola Atrix today. Already have it rooted and running wireless tether for free and it also will run a wi-fi hotspot as long as there is a 3G or 4G connection. It's a totally different system that the WinMo I ran on HTC phones from 2006 until now....but there is SO much more you can do with these things. I never liked BB or Apple. This Atrix is so damn fast it's like running shit on a laptop.
Hondo Wrote:Just got my Motorola Atrix today. Already have it rooted and running wireless tether for free and it also will run a wi-fi hotspot as long as there is a 3G or 4G connection. It's a totally different system that the WinMo I ran on HTC phones from 2006 until now....but there is SO much more you can do with these things. I never liked BB or Apple. This Atrix is so damn fast it's like running shit on a laptop.
I ordered mine on thursday, i cant wait to get it.

It is badass, and im glad someone else has obe so i can hear its badass before i get it Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BlackBerry 6™ Operating System Joe 5 2,403 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Blackberry Facebook App Joe 4 2,394 08-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Last Post: DaveP
  Your Blackberry cant do this Derick 8 3,397 07-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Best BlackBerry apps? AirHej 58 18,142 04-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  Sirius to Blackberry Joe 18 6,153 03-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Last blackberry question of the night.... LeNeve 4 2,312 03-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Twitter app for BlackBerry? AirHej 14 5,190 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Last Post: michaelangelo
  What's more mammoth? iphone? Blackberry? WinMobile? Brian 17 6,118 09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Last Post: the keifer