Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3/18/11 - To work or not to work...
Nussie_T Wrote:I am not 100% sure what the hell I want.
what you want is to drive to chicago
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
:yawn: Confusedheep:
thats better.
Hey Chip, I went to Grand Rapids several years back and hung out while my wife visited her corporate headquarters. I found a place called Craig's Cruisers arcade. That place was the shizzbamsnappy!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Nussie_T Wrote:What are everyone's plans for the weekend???

My Wife and I are going to frankenmuth for a couple days......well, the area.

Do some shopping and hopefully enjoy some nice weather.

If possible, B can join us for drinks on Saturday night. Maybe Chip could stop by and join us
Derick Wrote:

Drive to Chicago??? How about fly?
Nussie_T Wrote:What are everyone's plans for the weekend???

Saturday is a friends 40th birthday party at the Legion in town. Steak and potatoes, then dancing and booze... my kind of evening. I just need to make sure Jim's parents are still available to watch the kids for a few hours until Jim gets home from work.

Sunday... I am not sure what I am going to do. The sun has already started melting snow which makes any outdoor activity difficult.
I'm doing nothing this weekend outside of a wine tasting tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice so I will try to get out and enjoy otherwise spend some time watching basketball.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

Drive to Chicago??? How about fly?
that would be fine too
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
eddieyourdj Wrote:Hey Chip, I went to Grand Rapids several years back and hung out while my wife visited her corporate headquarters. I found a place called Craig's Cruisers arcade. That place was the shizzbamsnappy!!!

Oh yeah?
There's a lot of fun stuff out on the west coast of Michigan, really underrated vacation spot.
I was out by Grand Rapids a couple years ago for this tournament.
But when we go to these things, we seem to just end up in what ever little town we're bowling in.
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:Uhh... I have a predicament....

I left work on mat leave June 4th, 2010 which means my mat leave is coming to an end. Maxim has offered me a little bit more money than I was making and part time so I don't have to get a daycare to watch my kids but they want me to start in a couple of weeks... When I talked to Jim about it he used his pity lines to make me feel bad for wanting to go back to work... he knows I'll feel bad and I won't do it.
He doesn't even want me to go back to work at all, and with summer coming up... I really don't want to go back but I don't want to give up work either... uhh...
fuck him. what do YOU want to do
Nothing like making your OWN money!!!
It's supposed to be kind of cold here all weekend. I'll probaly just get some couch time in.
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:Uhh... I have a predicament....

I left work on mat leave June 4th, 2010 which means my mat leave is coming to an end. Maxim has offered me a little bit more money than I was making and part time so I don't have to get a daycare to watch my kids but they want me to start in a couple of weeks... When I talked to Jim about it he used his pity lines to make me feel bad for wanting to go back to work... he knows I'll feel bad and I won't do it.
He doesn't even want me to go back to work at all, and with summer coming up... I really don't want to go back but I don't want to give up work either... uhh...
fuck him. what do YOU want to do
You gotta do what is going to make you happy. Work can be rewarding just like spending time with your kids. You know how quickly your kids change and grow but there is that stigma of the stay-at-home-mom driving her mini-van to and from soccer practice being a bizzy body/neighborhood gossip.
Chip Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:Hey Chip, I went to Grand Rapids several years back and hung out while my wife visited her corporate headquarters. I found a place called Craig's Cruisers arcade. That place was the shizzbamsnappy!!!

Oh yeah?
There's a lot of fun stuff out on the west coast of Michigan, really underrated vacation spot.
I was out by Grand Rapids a couple years ago for this tournament.
But when we go to these things, we seem to just end up in what ever little town we're bowling in.
I was a pretty competitive bowler years ago. Stopped cold turkey after back surgery & haven't picked a ball up since. I still have a Black Knight & Pink Hammer. I just time stamped myself!!!
90s pop rock Friday.
black knights, and pink hammers. Confusedhock:
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:Happy Birthday Brian!!!!!! :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
this. :beer: :beer:
Thanks, and I stayed home from work today too :happy:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tuesday, December 1, 2015 ~ Can't Work Beckster 9 200 12-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, Dec 29, 2014 ~ Don't Want To Work Beckster 10 476 12-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Joe
  June 12, 2014 Thursday ~ No work Tomorrow Beckster 13 380 06-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday 03/10/14 - Back To Work Blues NussieT 100 1,940 03-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 1/15/14...Finally some work to do Derick 25 505 01-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 12/2/2013 - Back to work. Joe 173 810 12-02-2013, 11:30 PM
  Tuesday, Nov 26, 2013 ~ Halfway thru the Work Week Beckster 105 1,755 11-26-2013, 06:51 PM
  Friday 12/28...Starting to love 3 day work weeks. Derick 137 1,425 12-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  12/27/2012....back to work Brampton 189 1,650 12-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Indiansfan
  Thursday - 03/24/2011- It's mail it in to work day Hondo 209 1,959 03-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice