Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 03/10 - Last day of work this week
LeNeve Wrote:I helped my Dad move from Denver a few years ago. The uhaul place is right next to old mile high stadium, downtown Denver. He rented the biggest truck and trailer combo you can get without having a CDL. Then he made me drive it out of there during the afternoon rush hour. That shit sucked just getting to the main highway.

Then I had to go 50 miles north on I-25 in heavy, heavy traffic. The truck only went 55 mph too. Everyone else was going 70-80. PEople were road raging at me bad. IT was a miserable, miserable experience.

We had the truck, and the car trailer loaded by the next afternoon. I said I wasn't going to drive in that mess with a big slow stupid truck, and trailer again. So I waited until almost midnight to leave. I made it back to kansas safe and sound by 5 AM.
now imagine doing that with a semi everyday
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:but i'm a dick, you guys have said so. Also I dont hold anyones hand, cause I've been there and had to do the same shit. That is why I firmly believe any managment should have started at the bottom, so they know what its like

There are days at Maxim that I babysit 25 grown men fixing trucks and several of them told me I eat nails and shit tacks... then when I said I didn't understand the guys told me I was a bitch... but hey it worked.
LeNeve Wrote:I got a new high power LED work light. IT is bad ass. Best light I have ever owned.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cliplight.com/automotive/products.php?pageID=Product_Details&productID=325&catID=83">http://www.cliplight.com/automotive/pro ... 5&catID=83</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 1000400226-1000400621.jpg&size=170]

Those are the best. We have one at home that is rechargeable and it plugs into wall too. Super bright!!!
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I got a new high power LED work light. IT is bad ass. Best light I have ever owned.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cliplight.com/automotive/products.php?pageID=Product_Details&productID=325&catID=83">http://www.cliplight.com/automotive/pro ... 5&catID=83</a><!-- m -->

I have those old fashioned kind. With a cord, and the cage around the light bulb.
If I knock it against something, the bulb breaks.
Maybe I should get something like that.

Yeah it is the best cordless light I have ever seen. It is actually brighter than my corded flourescent work light. The only problem, is that it takes 4 hours to charge fully. I got it from our chemical distributor guy for 63 dollars.

Fuck those bulb kind. I fucking hate them. They drop, and pop, and scare me. They always burn me. They burn anything they touch, carpet, plastic trim pieces etc. They dont really fit anywhere.

I have only used corded florescent work lights for the last 5 years.
Derick Wrote:I need some safety wire pliers, sears wants $125, a motorcycle website wants $25 for them, I cant figure out what the difference is. snap on also wants $120

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDXPdqwXqiMuoJts9rzEa...2JX2pVPLow]

I've seen those, but I have no idea at all what they do. The website ones are probaly really cheap. Like harbor freight tool shit. I'm surprised sears is more expensive than snap on.
LeNeve Wrote:Yeah it is the best cordless light I have ever seen. It is actually brighter than my corded flourescent work light. The only problem, is that it takes 4 hours to charge fully. I got it from our chemical distributor guy for 63 dollars.

Fuck those bulb kind. I fucking hate them. They drop, and pop, and scare me. They always burn me. They burn anything they touch, carpet, plastic trim pieces etc. They dont really fit anywhere.

I have only used corded florescent work lights for the last 5 years.

Yeah, but using these a few times a year hasn't been much motivation to get something new.
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:I need some safety wire pliers, sears wants $125, a motorcycle website wants $25 for them, I cant figure out what the difference is. snap on also wants $120

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDXPdqwXqiMuoJts9rzEa...2JX2pVPLow]

I've seen those, but I have no idea at all what they do. The website ones are probaly really cheap. Like harbor freight tool shit. I'm surprised sears is more expensive than snap on.
they both have a range from about 120-160, but still, for the few times I'm going to use it, why would I pay and extra 100
they make wire do this

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrj16nrfu51PAWWK5P-11...YiyFxpl8kD]

to hold on things like oil plugs etc from loosening up and spilling oil on the track
Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I helped my Dad move from Denver a few years ago. The uhaul place is right next to old mile high stadium, downtown Denver. He rented the biggest truck and trailer combo you can get without having a CDL. Then he made me drive it out of there during the afternoon rush hour. That shit sucked just getting to the main highway.

Then I had to go 50 miles north on I-25 in heavy, heavy traffic. The truck only went 55 mph too. Everyone else was going 70-80. PEople were road raging at me bad. IT was a miserable, miserable experience.

We had the truck, and the car trailer loaded by the next afternoon. I said I wasn't going to drive in that mess with a big slow stupid truck, and trailer again. So I waited until almost midnight to leave. I made it back to kansas safe and sound by 5 AM.
now imagine doing that with a semi everyday

No thanks. People were seriously trying to get me to pull off the road to kick my ass and shit. Throwing shit at the truck and everything. I would probaly start running people off the road within a week.
Derick Wrote:they make wire do this

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrj16nrfu51PAWWK5P-11...YiyFxpl8kD]

to hold on things like oil plugs etc from loosening up and spilling oil on the track

I had a vague idea they did something like that. Race car stuff, I bet airplane mechanics use them too. Probaly the Army.
[Image: 65991_10150304293910105_796240104_151107...8934_n.jpg]
Someone from BP just came in and gave us all t shirts. Why the fuck do I want t shirt that says BP on it. BP on the front, and PHILFER all big on the back.
Ellis helping out Spot this morning?
My shop foreman, has all his race car buddies in here. he is never ever bossy to me at all, lets me do whatever I want, but when he has his friends in here, he always starts telling me to do stuff, so he looks like a bad ass I guess. I think it's funny.
Chip Wrote:Ellis helping out Spot this morning?

Really?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Week of Nov 21, 2016 ~ Thanksgiving Beckster 4 1,235 12-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Chip
  This Week ~ October 17, 2016 Beckster 22 2,519 11-02-2016, 08:15 AM
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip