Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zombie motor skills
I have seen some movie previews and cartoon drawings of Zombies driving cars, jeeps and motorcycles as well as riding bicycles.

I don't think this is possible and it is just someone's imagination getting away from them.

Zombies don't have the motor skills to do anything short of walk, bite and grab/push. They can not even climb.

Zombies can not even really see. Their hearing and smell are the acute senses.

Thoughts?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Zombies have no motor skills as shown by their complete lack of coordinated movements. They can do only three things: moan, walk/crawl, and eat. In order to hunt (or whatever you want to call it) humans, they must be able to see or smell. Those abilities will deteriorate over time however.

Have you ever seen the movie "Fido?" After a zombie apocalypse, the government is able to control captured zombies through the use a collar. They re-introduce the zombies back into society by selling them to humans so they can be used as free labor. It's a gross exaggeration of the abilities of zombies but there are some interesting theories explained in it. The movie is a more light hearted view on zombies but it was decent.
Fido was decent? I saw it at the video store the other day and was tempted to rent it. Thought is might be like Shaun of the Dead.

What sense does it make for zombies to be able to drive. They can barely walk and their sole focus is to eat humans. It makes no sense.

I Am Legend did that too... The zombies kept the zombie dogs as pets and they set that boobie trap for Smith's character. Yet they could figure out how to get into that room without smashing the glass with their head. I was disappointed with that movie.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:Fido was decent? I saw it at the video store the other day and was tempted to rent it. Thought is might be like Shaun of the Dead.

What sense does it make for zombies to be able to drive. They can barely walk and their sole focus is to eat humans. It makes no sense.

I Am Legend did that too... The zombies kept the zombie dogs as pets and they set that boobie trap for Smith's character. Yet they could figure out how to get into that room without smashing the glass with their head. I was disappointed with that movie.

Beckster, I have to correct you on I am Legend. Those were NOT zombies. Those were people who were infected with a rabies like man made disease. They were not dead and were not decomposing. They were basically the human version of a dog with rabies, but they were not able to come into the light for some unknown reason also.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Fido was decent? I saw it at the video store the other day and was tempted to rent it. Thought is might be like Shaun of the Dead.

Beckster, I have to correct you on I am Legend. Those were NOT zombies. Those were people who were infected with a rabies like man made disease. They were not dead and were not decomposing. They were basically the human version of a dog with rabies, but they were not able to come into the light for some unknown reason also.
You beat me to it.
My job is to inform people when it comes to zombies. I am fascinated and petrified of zombies at the same time.

I am considering a weekly discussion of a chapter from the Zombie survival guide.

OK, so I stand corrected, but how many other people watched that movie and thought the same damn thing?!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:Fido was decent?

Decent for a movie that I never heard of and had low expectations before watching. The mood of the movie was just like Shaun of the Dead.
beckster Wrote:OK, so I stand corrected, but how many other people watched that movie and thought the same damn thing?!

I did. But I have the same zombie interest that Pete has.
beckster Wrote:OK, so I stand corrected, but how many other people watched that movie and thought the same damn thing?!

The whole point of that was the Night stalkers, were slowly devolving into animals. The one main stalker in the movie could have devolved slower than the others. He saw how Smith caught his woman, and still being a human with limited basic reasoning was able to recreate the same thing (and with his strength, didn't need the tools that Smith used). All throughout the movie they exhibited some basic human reasoning (like grouping together to hunt and keeping together for warmth and security).

I think it makes sense. They weren't dead. So they still could retain some of the reasoning skills they had before. Now the idea of the one that was fighting against Smith being a former general or fur trapper is probably a bit of a stretch, but it's not unexplainable .
When did they mention that main one was a general or fur trapper, I missed that?

Pete Nice Wrote:My job is to inform people when it comes to zombies. I am fascinated and petrified of zombies at the same time.

You are doing a great service when the Zombie invasion comes you might just help to save a few lives.
Pete Nice Wrote:When did they mention that main one was a general or fur trapper, I missed that?

I was just making a joke about the main night stalker's ability to rally other monsters, or it's ability to build a snare trap.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-Zombie Strongholds Beckster 37 16,992 12-12-2020, 07:32 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Zombie Stuff Pete Nice 7 4,612 11-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Zombie Team Pete Nice 2 2,835 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Zombie blood JDubb 1 1,689 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM
  Zombie discussion out the wazoo... Hondo 21 9,753 07-21-2011, 10:10 PM
  The start of the zombie invasion? Hondo 11 5,591 02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Last Post: cody
  Zombie proofing your car. Joe 5 3,245 01-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Last Post: negadave
  Zombie tips for the Holidays from Beckster! Hondo 3 2,448 12-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Last Post: the keifer
  The Top 7 Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Will Fail Hondo 16 7,613 11-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Hondo
  Top 5 Zombie movies (in the past 10 years) PJfromLI 11 5,381 11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Last Post: ap bikini team