Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Top 7 Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Will Fail
Hard to argue with science....

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html">http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7- ... ickly.html</a><!-- m -->
I like this logic yo!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
While I hope this is right, I am not taking any chances.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:While I hope this is right, I am not taking any chances.

You have to admit, they make a good argument for this.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
What would the life span (from time of infection) be for a zombie??
I HATE PIE!!
They forgot about reason #8.Chuck Norris
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
#1 reason from that link:

Weapons and the People Who Use Them,

"As we touched on briefly above, if Homo sapiens are good at one thing, it's killing other things. We're so good at it that we've made entire other species cease to exist without even trying. Add to the mix the sheer number of armed rednecks and hunters out there, and the zombies don't even stand a chance. There are over 14 million people hunting with a license in the U.S.

By far the best reason. The rest are all hypothetical, asuming you're a medical proffesional that has some kind of experience with the effects of an unknown virus.
[Image: cd491315.jpg]
Complete and total Zombie Propaganda.

First off what happens to all the bears, wolves and other animals that are supposed to go out and kill zomibes? Chewing on zombie flesh is bound to create more zombies. So now we have a shit ton of zombie-wild life going to town.

Second, I don't think you can take 15 million hunters and all of a sudden turn them into sharpshooters in a urban environment. They are bound to have tons of friendly fire incidents that lead to even more panic and chaos, that will play right into the zombies hands.

About the only legitimate argument is the heat and cold factors, however, zombies will create new zombies at a rate that will greatly decrease the impact of these factors.

Don't let you're guard down, shoot for the head.
Jersey_Mike Wrote:Complete and total Zombie Propaganda.

First off what happens to all the bears, wolves and other animals that are supposed to go out and kill zomibes? Chewing on zombie flesh is bound to create more zombies. So now we have a shit ton of zombie-wild life going to town.

Second, I don't think you can take 15 million hunters and all of a sudden turn them into sharpshooters in a urban environment. They are bound to have tons of friendly fire incidents that lead to even more panic and chaos, that will play right into the zombies hands.

About the only legitimate argument is the heat and cold factors, however, zombies will create new zombies at a rate that will greatly decrease the impact of these factors.

good counter point. :high5:

I thought the same thing about the animals. That part of the theory is bunk. It is believed that an animal would not turn into a zombie, but just die.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

1st point, i agree. Animals have enough instinct to not want to eat dead stuff.

#2 :crank: you don't have to be a sharpshooter to shoot a slow moving target at 10 yards

#3 :crank: :crank: What are you a doctor? Nobody knows how heat and cold will affect a zombie. They're dead! They don't feel feelings like an alive person.

Hate to be a hater, but science my ass. For something to be scientificlly valid it has to be proven. Only thing, tried, tested, and proven in that study, is that people can kill shit with guns.
negadave Wrote:

1st point, i agree. Animals have enough instinct to not want to eat dead stuff.

#2 :crank: you don't have to be a sharpshooter to shoot a slow moving target at 10 yards

#3 :crank: :crank: What are you a doctor? Nobody knows how heat and cold will affect a zombie. They're dead! They don't feel feelings like an alive person.

Hate to be a hater, but science my ass. For something to be scientificlly valid it has to be proven. Only thing, tried, tested, and proven in that study, is that people can kill shit with guns.

#2-Your saying that every person with a weapon is a good rational shot? Your saying that some asshole wont just open up on people, zombie or not? I actually believe that the majority of gun owners are responsible people. However, there are plenty off assholes who will open up on anything in that situation.

#3-No I am not a doctor, but neither is the guy writing the article.
"feel feelings"?
This issue wasn't if the cold or heat would affect the feelings of the zombies. Its not an issue of if the zombies will be to lazy and want to lay on the beach with a mojito on a hot day, or curl up with a blanket and a book on a cold day. Its what effect the temp would have on their bodies, and if that would be enough to destroy their bodies to the point where they can no longer move about and attack.

That being said we don't know how they would react. So until they we know for sure, I will still have a plan in case it all goes to shit.
Jersey_Mike Wrote:#2-Your saying that very person with a weapon is a good rational shot? Your saying that some asshole wont just open up on people, zombie or not? I actually believe that the majority of gun owners are responsible people. However, there are plenty off assholes who will open up on anything in that situation.

That being said we don't know how they would react. So until they we know for sure, I will still have a plan in case it all goes to shit.

First let me say, from your other posts, i like you mike, so don,t get offended. I just like to argue.
When's the last zombie movie you seen where they're taking 100yd shots? Close range you kinda can't miss. Your statement about other people getting hit, while totally valid, has nothing to do with the original post
Haha, its all good, I like to argue too. Especially when my options are contemplating zombie issues, or actually dealing with the shit ton of spreadsheets I have around me for work.
negadave Wrote:1st point, i agree. Animals have enough instinct to not want to eat dead stuff.

You are completely wrong on number 1... Many animals prefer carrion, because it is easier to get a hold of. Vultures, buzzards, and such aren't the only ones who like to gobble dead carcasses. I've seen coyotes go after roadkill.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-Zombie Strongholds Beckster 37 16,992 12-12-2020, 07:32 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Zombie Stuff Pete Nice 7 4,612 11-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Zombie Team Pete Nice 2 2,835 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Zombie blood JDubb 1 1,689 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM
  Zombie discussion out the wazoo... Hondo 21 9,753 07-21-2011, 10:10 PM
  The start of the zombie invasion? Hondo 11 5,591 02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Last Post: cody
  Zombie proofing your car. Joe 5 3,245 01-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Last Post: negadave
  Zombie tips for the Holidays from Beckster! Hondo 3 2,448 12-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Last Post: the keifer
  Top 5 Zombie movies (in the past 10 years) PJfromLI 11 5,381 11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Last Post: ap bikini team
  Fiesta zombie commercial. LeNeve 6 3,164 11-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Joe