Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching to Android
Google maps, and Google Nav is one of my favorite features, and it's always getting better.

http://gizmodo.com/5707782/googles-andro...he-compass
Pete Nice Wrote:Your all going to be behind me when I get my new 4g phone on Verizon in February. I will wait and get the better phone since I only get a new phone every 18 months. Most likely will be a blackberry, I like to have battery life, am not an apple fanboy and have more need for emial and BBM than a bunch of apps. The Torch looks like the perfect 4G phone.

I love the idea of Verizon offering the Torch!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Your all going to be behind me when I get my new 4g phone on Verizon in February. I will wait and get the better phone since I only get a new phone every 18 months. Most likely will be a blackberry, I like to have battery life, am not an apple fanboy and have more need for emial and BBM than a bunch of apps. The Torch looks like the perfect 4G phone.

They won't. It's an AT&T exclusive.
LeNeve Wrote:My Stepmom works for united wireless, and they have all the droid stuff. She has converted everyone but me, it's about time. Verizon raped me hard when I "switched" from alltel, and got the blackberry. 1200 dollars I owe those assholes.

Fuck verizon. I'm going droid and using united wireless soon.
You're supposed to do the raping when you switch phone companies.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Joe Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

They won't. It's an AT&T exclusive.

From what my source tells me, this is probably true, but there will be a new blackberry release in Feb for 4G network.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
From what I have read, 4G will not be available in most markets until late 2011 and not wide spread until 2012.

I have been looking at the Droid X and the Droid Incredible. Amazon has some great deals right now where you can get an Incredible for $.01. X's are $70. I had Verizon and switched to AT&T just over two years ago because AT&T offered unlimited web and Verizon at the time did not. Now you cant get unlimited web on new AT&T accounts, but Verizon does.

Besides, AT&T lost a payment of mine from just over 2 years ago and is now trying to get me to pay twice. Looks like I will be going back to Verizon very soon.
Squarehead Wrote:From what I have read, 4G will not be available in most markets until late 2011 and not wide spread until 2012.

I have been looking at the Droid X and the Droid Incredible. Amazon has some great deals right now where you can get an Incredible for $.01. X's are $70. I had Verizon and switched to AT&T just over two years ago because AT&T offered unlimited web and Verizon at the time did not. Now you cant get unlimited web on new AT&T accounts, but Verizon does.

Besides, AT&T lost a payment of mine from just over 2 years ago and is now trying to get me to pay twice. Looks like I will be going back to Verizon very soon.

I was told by a few Verizon people that the phone were coming later in 2011.

Verizon's 4G plan pricing will be based on data usage.
I'm telling you, Feb to early March 2011 on the 4G phones. I actually have a solid source on this, not the 22 year old weirdos who work in the Verizon store. One of my best friends is a corporate sales rep, a very good one, one who makes a LOT of money and is the go to guy in the eastern US. He is the only primary rep for the Nissan, Alcoa and US Steel accounts, among several others. He has free reign to use the corporate boxes at PNC Park, Heinz Field and the Consol Energy Center any time he wants. He flies to Jersey 5 times a year to meet alone with the freaking CEO of Verizon Corp, some guy named Igor or something like that, the top guy in all things Verizon.

If he says 4G phone in Feb to early March, I have no doubt they will be out then unless the engineers have a MAJOR setback.

He told me about this weeks 4G data card rollout 6 months ago.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Joe Wrote:
Squarehead Wrote:From what I have read, 4G will not be available in most markets until late 2011 and not wide spread until 2012.

I was told by a few Verizon people that the phone were coming later in 2011.

Verizon's 4G plan pricing will be based on data usage.

A week or so ago, Gizmodo had something saying that you can burn through your monthly data in 32 minutes.

I really like my unlimited plan, I wonder if I'll be able to just buy a phone without a plan, and keep my unlimited.
Pete Nice Wrote:I'm telling you, Feb to early March 2011 on the 4G phones. I actually have a solid source on this, not the 22 year old weirdos who work in the Verizon store. One of my best friends is a corporate sales rep, a very good one, one who makes a LOT of money and is the go to guy in the eastern US. He is the only primary rep for the Nissan, Alcoa and US Steel accounts, among several others. He has free reign to use the corporate boxes at PNC Park, Heinz Field and the Consol Energy Center any time he wants. He flies to Jersey 5 times a year to meet alone with the freaking CEO of Verizon Corp, some guy named Igor or something like that, the top guy in all things Verizon.

If he says 4G phone in Feb to early March, I have no doubt they will be out then unless the engineers have a MAJOR setback.

Confusedhock:

[Image: 184952-1up_large.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I'm telling you, Feb to early March 2011 on the 4G phones. I actually have a solid source on this, not the 22 year old weirdos who work in the Verizon store. One of my best friends is a corporate sales rep, a very good one, one who makes a LOT of money and is the go to guy in the eastern US. He is the only primary rep for the Nissan, Alcoa and US Steel accounts, among several others. He has free reign to use the corporate boxes at PNC Park, Heinz Field and the Consol Energy Center any time he wants. He flies to Jersey 5 times a year to meet alone with the freaking CEO of Verizon Corp, some guy named Igor or something like that, the top guy in all things Verizon.

Confusedhock:

[Image: 184952-1up_large.jpg]

Not at all, I am just trying to help everyone out here with some info that is actually legit. I mean, who would you trust, the 22 year old dork at the store or the 40 year old executive who makes $400k a year?

Pete Nice Wrote:Not at all, I am just trying to help everyone out here with some info that is actually legit. I mean, who would you trust, the 22 year old dork at the store or the 40 year old executive who makes $400k a year?
Unless you read it in the NY Times, I don't believe it

:j/k:
I wouldn't trust eitehr one of those guys. The young one is retarded, and the executive didn't get where he is at by helping people out either.
LeNeve Wrote:I wouldn't trust eitehr one of those guys. The young one is retarded, and the executive didn't get where he is at by helping people out either.

Yeah but he is one of my best friends.

Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I wouldn't trust eitehr one of those guys. The young one is retarded, and the executive didn't get where he is at by helping people out either.

Yeah but he is one of my best friends.

And is he really helping you?
Or is he just telling you what's going on?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBM for Android and iPhone Joe 15 6,818 11-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Adobe to End New Installs of Flash on Android as of August 1 JDubb 2 2,355 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Brian
  A Quick Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Feature Rundown JDubb 16 2,988 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Apps(.Android.) negadave 0 2,137 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Last Post: negadave
  Android SlingPlayer Chip 1 1,233 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Last Post: DaveP
  Android Chip 4 2,413 06-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Android SiriusXM Chip 0 1,318 05-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Chip