Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Quick Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Feature Rundown
This doesn't make any sense to me but maybe you Android users understand what is going on here...

Quote:While hardware junkies like myself may have spent the past few weeks drooling over the Galaxy Nexus, the onstage demo of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich proves that the software powering the device is just as impressive (if not a little moreso).

Our hands-on with the Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich will be coming shortly, but here’s a quick rundown of what Android 4.0 will be bringing to the table come November.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/18/a-quick...hCrunch%29
A new phone, the Galaxy Nexus, is going to be the first phone with Android 4.0
Then they list the new features to the OS.
That's about it.
■Flexible Widgets: Ice Cream Sandwich’s stock widgets are resizable and more robust than previous versions. They also now occupy their own separate space in the app drawer.

I use the Zeam launcher, so I've been able to do this for a long time now.

■Taking Screenshots: This one has been a long time coming. Hold down the power button and the volume down button to snap a screenshot.

Finally. But I can't say I'd use it much.

■Face Unlock: One of the most ambitious is Ice Cream Sandwich’s new Face Unlock feature, which allows users to unlock their handsets just by looking into the front-facing camera.

Sounds pretty sweet.
yeah. my widgets are resizable. Screen shots would be cool, but like Chip, I don't really have a practical use for that. I do like the front facing camera, and face unlock for sure.
LeNeve Wrote:yeah. my widgets are resizable. Screen shots would be cool, but like Chip, I don't really have a practical use for that. I do like the front facing camera, and face unlock for sure.
This is one way to get around it whenever Facebook blocks saving a picture that someone has posted. Look at it on fb mobile and screenshot it.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Yea u never realize how important screen shots are till u can't take them. I know it sounds dumb but trust me.
Ice cream sandwich... how cute! :roflmao:
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Ice cream sandwich... how cute! :roflmao:

Ifag
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I finally got Gingerbread on my Droid 2 and it kicks ass.

Oh and..
[Image: 22094_large_Smart_Phone_Market_Share_Nielsen_August.png]
Huh.
Look at that.
Android doubling up Apple.
:owned:
And is BlackBerry offically dead yet?
I don't like that they are calling things ice cream sandwiches, and gingerbread. Confusedad:

what is ginger bread anyway?
LeNeve Wrote:I don't like that they are calling things ice cream sandwiches, and gingerbread. Confusedad:

what is ginger bread anyway?

You've never had a gingerbread cookie?
They're awesome.

Google gives each version of Android a code name, some random food name, in alphabeticle order.

Frozen Yogurt
Gingerbread
Honeycomb
Ice Cream Sandwich
Joe Wrote:I finally got Gingerbread on my Droid 2 and it kicks ass.

Oh and..
[Image: 22094_large_Smart_Phone_Market_Share_Nielsen_August.png]
I'm not a recent acquirer, but I will not buy another iPhone. Fuck you and your fucking douchebag company. Now go ahead and make a fucking app that calculates how fast the maggots will eat your corpse.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Did javstro hack into IBG's account?
Chip Wrote:Did javstro hack into IBG's account?
dudes got some major anger there.
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBM for Android and iPhone Joe 15 6,818 11-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Adobe to End New Installs of Flash on Android as of August 1 JDubb 2 2,355 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Brian
  Apps(.Android.) negadave 0 2,137 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Last Post: negadave
  Switching to Android Joe 65 19,357 02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Squarehead
  Android SlingPlayer Chip 1 1,233 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Last Post: DaveP
  Android Chip 4 2,413 06-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Android SiriusXM Chip 0 1,318 05-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Chip