Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching to Android
Joe Wrote:300,000 Androids are activated Daily.
Confusedhock:
Looks like a lot of people are joining the cool crowd.

http://gizmodo.com/5711483/blackberry-on...by-android
Had a problem this weekend with the phone.
Battery went dead Saturday and I didn't really use the phone at all that day. I plugged it in and charged it for like 2 hours and then took it off the charger. The battery lasted less than 2 hours after that and died again. I plugged it in when I went to bed and about an hour after I was out of bed the battery was down to 20%. I also noticed the phone was warm and I hadn't even used it.

I wound up taking it back to the mall and having them replace it.

By the way, when you buy your next phone I'd recommend going to the corporate stores and not a reseller. It's much more of a pain in the ass dealing with the retailers when trying to get a bad phone replaced.
Joe Wrote:Had a problem this weekend with the phone.
Battery went dead Saturday and I didn't really use the phone at all that day. I plugged it in and charged it for like 2 hours and then took it off the charger. The battery lasted less than 2 hours after that and died again. I plugged it in when I went to bed and about an hour after I was out of bed the battery was down to 20%. I also noticed the phone was warm and I hadn't even used it.

I wound up taking it back to the mall and having them replace it.

By the way, when you buy your next phone I'd recommend going to the corporate stores and not a reseller. It's much more of a pain in the ass dealing with the retailers when trying to get a bad phone replaced.

When my brother was in high school he worked at a t-moble stand in the mall.
And he always told me to go to a corporate store to get phones.
And I always have, and have replaced a couple phones. It's always been a piece of cake.
Chip Wrote:When my brother was in high school he worked at a t-moble stand in the mall.
And he always told me to go to a corporate store to get phones.
And I always have, and have replaced a couple phones. It's always been a piece of cake.

The mall by me doesn't have a store, but they have a corporate stand. The retailer stand looks identical to the Verizon stand so I didn't realize until I already started the process.

I knew they weren't going to make the propper changes to my account and I was right. Since Google Nav is free I asked them to remove VZ Nav and sure enough they didn't do it.

They also wouldn't replace my phone without the box I bought it in. I had to go all the way back home and bring the box back. Previously I've been able to just stop in a store with a bad phone and they'll do it right on the spot.
I dont have any friends in business, but from the press releases and CES reviews, here is what I have found out. Some new 4G phones for Verizon will be released on 3/1, and AT&T in April. The 4G coverage for Verizon is limited to a few big cities right now , but is being expanded, so some may or may not have 4G coverage. AT&T's 4G coverage is supposed to launch in the fall in limited locations and expand in 2012. Not sure yet if there will be any price increase for 4G, but probable. But any way, once the new 4G phones come out, wiehter you want 4G coverage or not, the ones currrently on the market should drop in price.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBM for Android and iPhone Joe 15 6,818 11-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Adobe to End New Installs of Flash on Android as of August 1 JDubb 2 2,355 06-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Brian
  A Quick Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Feature Rundown JDubb 16 2,988 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Apps(.Android.) negadave 0 2,137 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Last Post: negadave
  Android SlingPlayer Chip 1 1,233 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Last Post: DaveP
  Android Chip 4 2,413 06-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Android SiriusXM Chip 0 1,318 05-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Chip