Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 11/11 - WAKE UP!
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I think I want a little christmas tree for my area here. That would be nice.
http://www.target.com/Charlie-Brown-Chri...B002CZGD4I
perfect.

That tree is actually kinda cute.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:While I hate Budweiser, they are a great sponsor. If they were to go, they would have to be replaced with a top notch sponsor like Ford, Apple, Microsoft, Chevy or Sony.

Then C&R could talk about things they know absolutely nothing about. Cars and Technology.

It would be cool though if they actually get people in to educate them/everyone else. When they talk about things like TVs it seems like they only spend ten minutes on it, and only take advice from random listeners. Get some experts in and ask them questions. We need some edgumacation.
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I hope this Bud sponsor gets replaced by something better. Talking about beer on the show was good stuff back in the day.

I was only mildly interested back then. Now I wouldn't mind talking about it once a week or more. Other than the daily budweiser talk of course.

I turned down bud light last weekend. I couldn't bring myself to drink it.

They should fly Pokes out once a week to drop some knowledge.

I'd be so into Beer, Wine and Liquor talk.

Those are always good shows. Although have you noticed how Rich will ask a question and then while the guest is wanswering it Rich's ADD will kick in and he will lose interest and ask a different question? I noticed it more on beer, wine and liquor interviews than others.
Pete Nice Wrote:While I hate Budweiser, they are a great sponsor. If they were to go, they would have to be replaced with a top notch sponsor like Ford, Apple, Microsoft, Chevy or Sony.

I vote for Ford. Saw a show about them last night and how well they have turned their situation around.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:It would be cool though if they actually get people in to educate them/everyone else. When they talk about things like TVs it seems like they only spend ten minutes on it, and only take advice from random listeners. Get some experts in and ask them questions. We need some edgumacation.

Back in the Maxim days people use to come in that were knowledgeable on things like Tech, beer, wine, etc.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Then C&R could talk about things they know absolutely nothing about. Cars and Technology.

It would be cool though if they actually get people in to educate them/everyone else. When they talk about things like TVs it seems like they only spend ten minutes on it, and only take advice from random listeners. Get some experts in and ask them questions. We need some edgumacation.
This is when their affiliation with Maxim benefitted them, they'd have tech writers from the magazine on to edmacate them/us
michaelangelo Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

This is when their affiliation with Maxim benefitted them, they'd have tech writers from the magazine on to edmacate them/us

Yep. If only those experts existed in the world. Confusedarcasm:
Meanwhile, what's over/under on the number of times we'll hear that cakes song this week?
Joe Wrote:

No, then they could have experts in that would inform them more about cars and technology. And they could have beer guys in again.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Hey, is Pete the only Vet. around here?
glistening cakes glistening cakes
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

No, then they could have experts in that would inform them more about cars and technology. And they could have beer guys in again.

Biased sponsor based experts. I want to know what the latest and greatest gadget on the market is, not the latest and greatest Sony on the market is.

I also could do without the Ford Focus commercials. I mean how ridiculous would that be on the show when it's clear that neither one of the guys would drive a Ford.
JDubb Wrote:Those are always good shows. Although have you noticed how Rich will ask a question and then while the guest is wanswering it Rich's ADD will kick in and he will lose interest and ask a different question? I noticed it more on beer, wine and liquor interviews than others.

A majority of the interviews where you'll actually learn something wind up being like sneak peeks at full interviews that never exist.
Chip Wrote:Hey, is Pete the only Vet. around here?

Black Ice is a Marine, I think he was in Iraq for a while.
JDubb Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Hey, is Pete the only Vet. around here?

Black Ice is a Marine, I think he was in Iraq for a while.

So, yeah, Pete is the only one.

Happy veteran's day Pete.
The guys really need to cut a new show promo, "... like a good sandwich..." is getting old.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM