Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Shit I find In The Recycle
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:and back alley abortions.

I thought that's what shop vacs are for?

Do people really use shop vacuums?
Like a line from that song that Ned sang last Friday on BTLS. "The kick before the miscarriage."
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

YOU know what shop vacs are for don't you Shop Vac?

Maybe so, but not in that regard....
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Do people really use shop vacuums?

I have heard stories, but nothing to really confirm it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Today random find was 3 sets of salt & pepper shakers. One of them matches my mother in laws casserole dishes. Tomorrow they'll become shredded glass.
Nussie_T Wrote:Today random find was 3 sets of salt & pepper shakers. One of them matches my mother in laws casserole dishes. Tomorrow they'll become shredded glass.

My mother in law used to collect salt and pepper shakers. She had a ton of them. I think her loser son sold them all for drug money after she died though.
Nussie_T Wrote:Today random find was 3 sets of salt & pepper shakers. One of them matches my mother in laws casserole dishes. Tomorrow they'll become shredded glass.
Why are you crushing glass? Are you on a re ycling kick or do you own/something this place ?
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
i bleed green Wrote:
Why are you crushing glass? Are you on a re ycling kick or do you own/something this place ?

The place in town who used to collect the recycle closed up because they weren't making any money and since Jim used to haul the materials from town to the city he decided to put a bid on the contract for the town & the RM surrounding town. We didn't get the town contract but we got the RM'S. So 3 days a week (it was suppose to be 2 but there is an overwhelming amount of materials) we collect the materials from the RM and another site 10 minutes from town. The place that we take the materials to accepts all recyclables except glass because there is no money in it. So the glass gets crushed in the machine sitting in my back yard and once the dump truck is full we will be taking it to the town compost site to get rid of it.

Most people think that picking it up is gross because it's other peoples garbage but most of it is clean. Glass is about the one thing that people don't clean out and Salsa smells the worst when not cleaned out and the lid left on. We make great money picking it up, I think that NERRF just had too many people sucking off the tit.
You can compost glass? What do you do ? Just shred it back to sand ?
i bleed green Wrote:You can compost glass? What do you do ? Just shred it back to sand ?

Yes you can compost glass but it needs to be broken down first, we use the crusher to get the pieces down to a 3/8", the machine also rounds the edges so it isn't too sharp (there is the odd piece that is sharp still). The town beautification committee & the daylily garden people use the crushed glass for decorative things they are doing or for the flower beds to keep the bugs & weeds out.
The stuff that gets left behind eventually does turn to sand . A small single piece of glass will turn to sand in about a week or 2 if you left it.
I forgot to post this yesterday when I got back from picking up recycle...

Random recycle find of the week. A noose. I am not shitting you. I was pulling some cardboard boxes out of the bin to throw towards Jim to put in the end dump since I am scared of heights. . I threw one and it burst open and there was a rope so as I went to go pick it up I realized it had a noose.
Nussie_T Wrote:I forgot to post this yesterday when I got back from picking up recycle...

Random recycle find of the week. A noose. I am not shitting you. I was pulling some cardboard boxes out of the bin to throw towards Jim to put in the end dump since I am scared of heights. . I threw one and it burst open and there was a rope so as I went to go pick it up I realized it had a noose.
I need this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shit just got real Chip 7 2,842 03-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  random funny Derick 4 1,944 10-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Random Awesomeness i bleed green 35 8,368 10-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Chip
  Random Question of the Day NussieT 20 5,988 04-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Hondo
  No Shit negadave 3 1,799 02-23-2010, 03:09 PM