Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have tried a new beer. MGD
I have drank bud light, for at least 10 years exclusively. I drank it, and it tasted like bud light, because that is all I knew. It tasted like nothing I guess. Just a light beer, that my palate had grown used to.

About 10 days ago someone left some MGD. Free beer in my fridge, what the hell. I'll drink that. At first it was too strong, then it was smooth, then after it was gone, I wanted more.

Tonight I experienced the plethora of flavors, that I never had with the brown bottled pee, that is called bud light.

This being the first beer I have truly "experienced" I only could decipher 3 things. 1. The initial taste is smooth, not sweet, not bitter, just an awesome drink of beer. 2. The after taste leaves your mouth dry, which is something I like. 3. It has a hint of crown royal, or some other whiskey too.

I went to a pay per view party thing on Saturday night. They only had bud light. I had diarhea all the next day.
Oh...you have much to learn young Jedi. Wait 'til you discover some good IPA's...
You drank Bud Light Saturday night. Confusedad:

If I go to a party and there is only a Budeweiser product to drink, I do one of three things.

1. Leave
2. Don't Drink
3. Go buy my own shit.

I have done this several times. I went to San Diego in 2006 for the Steeler game. There are Steelers bars in every city and the big one in SD set up a tailgate. My friend Ed, who lives there, got us all signed up for like $40 a person. Got there and there was a bunch of standard BBQ shit for food, Budwesier and Bud Light. Guess what I didn't do that tailgate? Drink. I was willing to not drink on a football road trip, all the way across the country, with 20 of my best friends, b/c there was only Budweiser products. And the stadium was too far away from anywhere to get other beer. So I ate, sat, talked and got some beer once we entered.

Another time, my friend Chico and I went to Spring Training in Bradenton and stayed with a friend who used to play for the Pirates. The team had a day off and everyone went to Busch Gardens. I was there with 80% of the Pirate team and one of my best friends, and everyone was drinking. Guess what they serve at Busch Gardens? Budweiser products. Guess who didn't drink that day until after we left and went to PF Chang's for diner? That's right, this guy.

FUCK BUDWEISER!!
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I really like MGD, but the grocery store I usually go to only carries it in cans Wtf I would buy it more often if they had bottles.
So, you spent 10 years of your life drinking nothing but Bud Light? :barf:

Then just recently tried MGD and loved it? While it's a huge step up, still... :barf:
Talk about someone being enlightened! Congrats on your coming of age, LeNeve!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
MGD is decent but I have had better. Bud is overrated I agree.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
MGD was one of the first beers I ever drank back in my underage days.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
OK. The primary mass produced beers are all crap. Bud = garbage, Miller = garbage, Coors = garbage...

Every brewery has something that I can stomach to drink, but generally stay away from. I'm not talking about the side products on this. Bud Light, Coors Light, and MGD are drinkable by me but I don't really like any of them.

I can pave your way to enlightenment in beer if you wish. I've been the guide for many friends that wanted to really be able to appreciate beer culture. Just let me know and I'll start giving you a short list of beers that you can pick up and enjoy. They are baby steps as far as taste from what you drink now but in 6 months I'll have you realizing just how bad (or at least mediocre) what you've been drinking really is.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:OK. The primary mass produced beers are all crap. Bud = garbage, Miller = garbage, Coors = garbage...

Every brewery has something that I can stomach to drink, but generally stay away from. I'm not talking about the side products on this. Bud Light, Coors Light, and MGD are drinkable by me but I don't really like any of them.

I can pave your way to enlightenment in beer if you wish. I've been the guide for many friends that wanted to really be able to appreciate beer culture. Just let me know and I'll start giving you a short list of beers that you can pick up and enjoy. They are baby steps as far as taste from what you drink now but in 6 months I'll have you realizing just how bad (or at least mediocre) what you've been drinking really is.

Post that list! I don't care for most beers, but I'd like to see if there is any beer i would like.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Yes Pokes post away. I'll try them and give my report as an ameratuer.
LeNeve Wrote:Yes Pokes post away. I'll try them and give my report as an ameratuer.

I don't think it is a list, it is more of a progression, get used to one and move to try the next. Also, for you, since you normally drink 12 or more beers a sitting, they would not be beers that you would drink in mass quantitiy, you would drink one to 3 and then switch to a MGD or something that can be drunk in larger quantities.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Have you ever tried Guinness?
Joe In PA Wrote:Have you ever tried Guinness?

Nope.
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:Have you ever tried Guinness?

Nope.

I'd wait. That might be kind of a jump for you. It's certinaly an acquired taste. I actually thought it was terrible at first because I expected it to taste like Coors Light.

Maybe start out with some black and tans first.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beer. Chip 5 1,709 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Chip
  Beer:30 Chip 2 1,785 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Weddings tap craft beer craze Joe 4 2,504 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Kirkland (Costco's Brand) Beer Mauro 12 4,713 01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Craft Beer Party Joe 52 17,014 07-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  Brewers Introduce Beer Stimulus Plan Joe 0 1,775 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Joe
  The United States of Good Beer. Chip 12 5,230 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Spring/Summer Beer LeNeve 28 9,246 02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Faro style beer Pokes28 1 1,809 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Diverse Beer Selection Served at President Obama's Super Bow Joe 22 6,855 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: the keifer