Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craft Beer Party
I was thinking that it would be pretty cool if I had friends that drank craft brews. If I did, it would be pretty cool to get together every few weeks and meet up with different kings of beer. Reality kicked in and I remembered that my friends drink Keystone Light and have so many kids that they never have spare time. I was also recently asked if my 4th of July party will have a theme and then the idea came ot me. What about a craft beer themed 4th party?

I was thinking I'd tell people to bring a 6 or 12 pack of something unique. Maybe give a list of what not to bring so people know. In a way it sounds kind of douchey to tell people what they can't bring, but if you tell people to bring beer to a party you wind up with a shit load of Natty Ice. The purpose here is to be able to experience new beer & wine.

For the girls I could give them the option to bring wine. For the old guys that have drank Bud & Miller their entire life I'll fill the kegerator with Miller light.

What do you guys think? I'd love some ideas.
Joe Wrote:I was thinking that it would be pretty cool if I had friends that drank craft brews. If I did, it would be pretty cool to get together every few weeks and meet up with different kings of beer. Reality kicked in and I remembered that my friends drink Keystone Light and have so many kids that they never have spare time. I was also recently asked if my 4th of July party will have a theme and then the idea came ot me. What about a craft beer themed 4th party?

I was thinking I'd tell people to bring a 6 or 12 pack of something unique. Maybe give a list of what not to bring so people know. In a way it sounds kind of douchey to tell people what they can't bring, but if you tell people to bring beer to a party you wind up with a shit load of Natty Ice. The purpose here is to be able to experience new beer & wine.

For the girls I could give them the option to bring wine. For the old guys that have drank Bud & Miller their entire life I'll fill the kegerator with Miller light.

What do you guys think? I'd love some ideas.
thats a great idea.

what about, if you have people coming from different locations (like Derick and I) have us bring something local.

or have a simple rule, no cheap domestic or mass produced domestic
Brampton Wrote:thats a great idea.

what about, if you have people coming from different locations (like Derick and I) have us bring something local.

Well that's the great part. Half of the poeple coming aren't from this area. Hell I could even look up local breweries from places that people are coming from and give them ideas.

It would also be prety sweet to categorize the different ypes into different coolers, but that may be going overboard.

I may even upgrade the keg to Yuengling.
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:thats a great idea.

Well that's the great part. Half of the poeple coming aren't from this area. Hell I could even look up local breweries from places that people are coming from and give them ideas.

It would also be prety sweet to categorize the different ypes into different coolers, but that may be going overboard.

I may even upgrade the keg to Yuengling.
Yes :high5:
Dude! That is a mind blasting idea. I would love to attend this type of party. Chances are very slim that I could make it, but it would be very interesting to hear how it turned out.

I'm jelous now thinking about this. All my friends think I'm weird since I stopped drinking the mass produced stuff. They even call me a fag for drinking MGD.
This is a great idea. I wish I had friends that would be into it. Like Leneves' friends, they drink all the mass produced crap too.
Brian Wrote:This is a great idea. I wish I had friends that would be into it. Like Leneves' friends, they drink all the mass produced crap too.
I have a theory about this......here goes

I think the ratio of people who drink craft/small brewery beer to mass/piss in a bottle beer is about 1:10

so think about it. what do you drink and what do your friends drink?

If you drink craft beer or something from a smaller brewery, chances are your friends insist on drinking crap
Brampton Wrote:
Brian Wrote:This is a great idea. I wish I had friends that would be into it. Like Leneves' friends, they drink all the mass produced crap too.

I think the ratio of people who drink craft/small brewery beer to mass/piss in a bottle beer is about 1:10

If you drink craft beer or something from a smaller brewery, chances are your friends insist on drinking crap

Most of my friends drink good beer most of the time. Very few insist on the mass produced shit. Makes getting beer easier.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Is this an open invite? I have been to a few of these beer parties and usually do this when we have our wine parties. We ask our friends to bring a red and a white in the $10-15 range from a specific region. It is a lot of fun to see what people being and there is usually extra wine so I get to keep the leftovers.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

Most of my friends drink good beer most of the time. Very few insist on the mass produced shit. Makes getting beer easier.

Your friends have miniature giraffes, and gold plated remote controls.
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

Only about half of them.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

:high5: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
JDubb Wrote:Is this an open invite? I have been to a few of these beer parties and usually do this when we have our wine parties. We ask our friends to bring a red and a white in the $10-15 range from a specific region. It is a lot of fun to see what people being and there is usually extra wine so I get to keep the leftovers.

Hell yeah it's open invite. I just wish I could sleep more people.
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I just laughed so hard I snorted.
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Is this an open invite? I have been to a few of these beer parties and usually do this when we have our wine parties. We ask our friends to bring a red and a white in the $10-15 range from a specific region. It is a lot of fun to see what people being and there is usually extra wine so I get to keep the leftovers.

Hell yeah it's open invite. I just wish I could sleep with more people.

Confusedhock: :eek:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beer. Chip 5 1,709 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Chip
Lightbulb Faux and Formerly Craft Breweries and Their Owners Joe 0 2,620 12-31-2015, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Beer:30 Chip 2 1,785 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Weddings tap craft beer craze Joe 4 2,504 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Kirkland (Costco's Brand) Beer Mauro 12 4,713 01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Brewers Introduce Beer Stimulus Plan Joe 0 1,775 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
  The United States of Good Beer. Chip 12 5,230 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Spring/Summer Beer LeNeve 28 9,246 02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Faro style beer Pokes28 1 1,809 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
  Diverse Beer Selection Served at President Obama's Super Bow Joe 22 6,855 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: the keifer