Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diverse Beer Selection Served at President Obama's Super Bow
Diverse Beer Selection Served at President Obama's Super Bowl Party
By Julia Herz
Diversity—it's present in everything that makes America great, and it should certainly be represented in the beer selection at a party for the most-watched sporting event of the year, the Super Bowl.

However, until this past Sunday, I'd never noticed the White House going out of its way to serve multiple beers from a cross section of small U.S. breweries. Cheers to the Obamas! By serving craft beer at the White House Super Bowl party, they have truly recognized, and by their actions legitimized, these historic beer times.

The beers served, which represented both teams, came from Hinterland Brewery of Green Bay, WI, and Yuengling in Pottsville, PA. There was even a special homebrew made for the occasion. Guests sampled White House Honey Ale, which was brewed with honey from the White House beehive.

East End Brewing Company of Pittsburgh, PA, also displayed a valiant effort to gain White House attention via a Facebook campaign: Send East End Beer to the White House, which gained more than 1,300 “likes” in just a few short weeks.

Many of us remember what was dubbed the 'beer summit'; however, the beer chosen for that meeting did not represent the majority of today's small brewers. What we've seen from this Super Bowl party, however, is an alignment and recognition that America’s sudsy best often comes from down the street, or even from your own kitchen!

As reported in Obama Foodorama
Suds from Packer country were also on offer: The White House ordered three cases of craft beer from Hinterland Brewery of Green Bay, Wisconsin right after the NFC championship, the brewmasters announced this week. Pale Ale, Hinterland's signature beer; Amber Ale, which has a caramel flavor; and Luna Stout, which is bold, rich, and creamy, were quaffed. Pennsylvania was represented by Pottsville's Yuengling beer, according to a White House aide. It's made at the oldest brewery in America. Read Obama Foodorama's full coverage.
The Big Picture

Keep it up East End! It is because of you and other passionate breweries out there that craft beer is gaining an ever-increasing presence in the U.S. There is hope yet that our first Ale in Chief will continue to embrace the advancing beer culture of today. Remember, the U.S. is home to the most expansive beer marketplace in the world, with 13,000+ beer brands. America has become known for making some of the best beer in the world. It’s good to see the White House shares this sentiment.
Fuck Obama.
Yeah, Fuck Obama
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Cool
2 racists
Joe Wrote:3 racists
:high5:
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:3 racists

2 racists and a Canadian. (All Canadians are rasist)
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:2 racists

It's all about the politics for me

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

Cut the guy some slack. He's doing the best anyone can do right now.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

Cut the guy some slack. He's doing the best anyone can do right now.

No he is not, he promised change, I see more of the old big government doing nothing for me and you.

Obamacare is a joke, the bailouts, while necessary, were handled like a woman's breast by a 12 year old boy. He is a fucking joke of a president.

Someone hijacked my beer thread... Confusedad:
Joe Wrote:Someone hijacked my beer thread... Confusedad:

[Image: no_obama.61192621.jpg]

I am pro choice but find this amusing

[Image: cartoon%20obama%20no%20survivors.gif]

[Image: 6a00d8341c7ae753ef0111689b415d970c-800wi]

Joe Wrote:Someone hijacked my beer thread... Confusedad:

I think more than one person. :high5:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beer. Chip 5 1,709 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Chip
  Beer:30 Chip 2 1,785 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Weddings tap craft beer craze Joe 4 2,504 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Kirkland (Costco's Brand) Beer Mauro 12 4,713 01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Craft Beer Party Joe 52 17,014 07-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  Brewers Introduce Beer Stimulus Plan Joe 0 1,775 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Joe
  The United States of Good Beer. Chip 12 5,230 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Spring/Summer Beer LeNeve 28 9,246 02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Faro style beer Pokes28 1 1,809 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
  What's your favorite beer of all time? the keifer 30 7,845 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM