Poll: Over or under $75,000 a year
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I make $75,000 or more a year
23.08%
3 23.08%
I make less than $75,000 a year
76.92%
10 76.92%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you happy? Over/Under $75k
You have to remember, me and Boe have no children, our house is a small ranch home on just about an acre, the pool was there when we moved in. His cars are like the $ we would have spent on children...he is such a car guy, always has been.
Good call Iva. Children are a major drain on people's finances. The older we get, the better the lifestyles we can have if you don't have kids to pay for.
"If it wasn't for his jerky, he(Jerkoff Man) wouldn't be my friend." - Rich Davis

"Considering you(C&R) call everyone legend, that label doesn't mean a damn thing." - Sami J

Davis' October Dudebro #14
My wife & I decided when we got married,16 yrs ago, that we wanted 1 kid so we could spoil him & that's exactly what we have done! I say that because we made a conscious decision plan our lifestyle & finances around our long term goals. The key, IMO, is to not try and live beyond your means of income and cut corners. Examples: We have always had 2 nice vehicles(not expensive). Buy a vehicle that is a year or two old with low miles; just as good yet thousands cheaper. When we took advantage of low interest rates & built our house, we were tempted with more square footage, but quickly decided that for only 3 people heck no too much to maintain. Don't let your eyes write a check that your bank account can't cash. $75,000 or $18,000(C&R salaries) can be manageable!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
eddieyourdj Wrote:My wife & I decided when we got married,16 yrs ago, that we wanted 1 kid so we could spoil him & that's exactly what we have done! I say that because we made a conscious decision plan our lifestyle & finances around our long term goals. The key, IMO, is to not try and live beyond your means of income and cut corners. Examples: We have always had 2 nice vehicles(not expensive). Buy a vehicle that is a year or two old with low miles; just as good yet thousands cheaper. When we took advantage of low interest rates & built our house, we were tempted with more square footage, but quickly decided that for only 3 people heck no too much to maintain. Don't let your eyes write a check that your bank account can't cash. $75,000 or $18,000(C&R salaries) can be manageable!!!
:clap: Too bad most people don't think this way.
Brian in NY Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:My wife & I decided when we got married,16 yrs ago, that we wanted 1 kid so we could spoil him & that's exactly what we have done! I say that because we made a conscious decision plan our lifestyle & finances around our long term goals. The key, IMO, is to not try and live beyond your means of income and cut corners. Examples: We have always had 2 nice vehicles(not expensive). Buy a vehicle that is a year or two old with low miles; just as good yet thousands cheaper. When we took advantage of low interest rates & built our house, we were tempted with more square footage, but quickly decided that for only 3 people heck no too much to maintain. Don't let your eyes write a check that your bank account can't cash. $75,000 or $18,000(C&R salaries) can be manageable!!!

You know, some people have more kids just so they can get more money from the government.
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

You know, some people have more kids just so they can get more money from the government.
Unfortunately, I am well aware of this. Most of the people in my county live by this.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

Unfortunately, I am well aware of this. Most of the people in my county live by this.

And, most people in Detroit too.
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote::clap: Too bad most people don't think this way.

And, most people in Detroit too.

And most inner city Pittsburgh residents as well.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I'm with ya Eddie. I could probably afford to buy a new car but I don't need one. In fact I drive an older low mileage car that I paid cash for.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:
I'm with ya Eddie. I could probably afford to buy a new car but I don't need one. In fact I drive an older low mileage car that I paid cash for.
I hear ya K, I drive a 2003 Trailblazer that is paid for and has 84,000mi. It runs like a new one and why do I need to be driving 15 min to work in an Mercedes or Escalade that just stays parked at work all day!? I just got my wife a 2008 Yukon with just 32,000 mi. You can't tell it from a 2010. That is our "going out" vehicle for travel & leisure. It's not my steez, but my wife looks good in it & I feel better when she travels for her work; nom sayin???
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
eddieyourdj Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:
I hear ya K, I drive a 2003 Trailblazer that is paid for and has 84,000mi. It runs like a new one and why do I need to be driving 15 min to work in an Mercedes or Escalade that just stays parked at work all day!? I just got my wife a 2008 Yukon with just 32,000 mi. You can't tell it from a 2010. That is our "going out" vehicle for travel & leisure. It's not my steez, but my wife looks good in it & I feel better when she travels for her work; nom sayin???
93 ford tempo for me. And it's got around 84,000 miles on it as well. Not the best lookin car out there but it gets me where I need to go. And I pay a lot less to fix it than what a payment would cost on a newer one. I also got a 97 T-bird with less than 20,000 on it. Looks and runs like new too. Got it when I still lived at home, and payed it off a year before I moved out. I plan to keep that one as a classic.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tuesday 12/03 - Happy Birthday Joe and Robert! JDubb 55 20,897 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Chip