Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudebronation Fantasy Football
I thought I was the commish, but it appears Brampton was. Want to start it, I will commish if you do not want to.

I suggest a live draft Sat the 5th around 7PM. Autodraft lists can be set for those that can't make the live draft.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
OH, yeah, and I think everyone needs to get in again, even you T and Beckster, it was fun having everyone in there last year.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I'll play even though I have no knowledge of NFL whatsoever, maybe this will get me into it more. I know my friends that did fantasy hockey were way more into it than before.
I will register the league tonite, it will be an auction type draft which is way better

Stay tuned
I am not a fan of auction drafts at all.

Pete Nice Wrote:OH, yeah, and I think everyone needs to get in again, even you T and Beckster, it was fun having everyone in there last year.
I did terrible last year. I know absolutely nothing about the NFL... I just picked the dudes that looked good and went from there which landed me up on the bottom. If there is enough people who actually know what they are doing and want to participate, they can take my spot unless there is not enough people I will do it again.
Pete Nice Wrote:I am not a fan of auction drafts at all.
I don't know how you don't like auction draft

It gives everyone a chance to pick up any player, its more entertaining, and you get to watch people make terrible decisions

win-win-win
Brampton Wrote:

It gives everyone a chance to pick up any player, its more entertaining, and you get to watch people make terrible decisions

win-win-win

But it scares away the casual player. It way more complicated and you need to know more. I can do it fine, but I don't see many others on here doing the league for more than just fun.

Auction style is also better used in baseball, where there is far more to pick from and better sleepers.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

win-win-win

But it scares away the casual player. It way more complicated and you need to know more. I can do it fine, but I don't see many others on here doing the league for more than just fun.

Auction style is also better used in baseball, where there is far more to pick from and better sleepers.

I don't even know what an auction draft is.
An auction draft is just that. You have a money pool from which you have to buy your players. If you want Peyton Manning, you can buy him. But it takes away from how much money you can spend on other players.

It is a blast. The league that I ran for 15 years was an auction league. I stopped it this year because I didn't have time to devote to it. I have a lot of friends that weren't happy with me that I stopped it.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:An auction draft is just that. You have a money pool from which you have to buy your players. If you want Peyton Manning, you can buy him. But it takes away from how much money you can spend on other players.

It is a blast. The league that I ran for 15 years was an auction league. I stopped it this year because I didn't have time to devote to it. I have a lot of friends that weren't happy with me that I stopped it.

Oh ok. I've done that type of draft with fantasy NASCAR. I like that way of doing it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Football Picks 2011, totals Brampton 47 16,820 11-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Brampton
  DUDEBRONATION FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2011 Brampton 61 18,805 09-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Texas Fan
  2010 DBN Football pick pool Pete Nice 329 78,806 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  DBN - 2010 Fantasy League Recap and suggestions Pokes28 8 3,645 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Brian
  Dudebronation FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2010 Brampton 28 9,391 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  How Canadians play football negadave 16 5,633 11-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  Fantasy Football Brampton 16 8,094 12-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  CFL Football - Labor Day Classic/Banjo Bowl NussieT 26 9,078 09-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Last Post: i bleed green